The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby dedja » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:25 pm

I owe the good people of Port Adelaide a sincere apology.

On Friday, I had a meeting on St Vincent Street and parked my car in a side street for about 2 hours.

To my pleasant surprise, my car was still there when I returned. I was relieved when I found out that I still had all my wheels. I was ecstatic when I found out I wasn't keyed.

I did notice a lot of action outside of the police station but it must have been an unusually busy day,

Despite the fact the streets were deserted and most of the buildings were empty it was a pleasant morning.

Thank you, the good people of Port Adelaide, you are truly misunderstood.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby RB » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:And you're still wharfie scum ...

Now we're starting sentences with conjunctions! Is there no end to this anarchy?

It's not ungrammatical to begin a sentence with a conjunction. Play on...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 pm

RB wrote:
Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:And you're still wharfie scum ...

Now we're starting sentences with conjunctions! Is there no end to this anarchy?

It's not ungrammatical to begin a sentence with a conjunction. Play on...

And I thought nobody would bite.... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby RB » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:Good luck to Williamstown this weekend. A crap decision from an equality point of view. But if you look at the response from people like Jay Clark from the sun saying that common sense has prevailled, then yoy can see that even the vic media see it as only a feeder or reserves comp only. Time for the other actual VFL clubs to make a seperate league.

Box Hill win by 7 points and McEvoy BOG to rub salt into the wounds

Holy crap, I hope at least the Williamstown amateurs appreciated the grace and generosity of McEvoy in coming down and putting on a show for them all. What an honour for them to see a professional footballer in action.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
kickinit wrote:Debut season? are you talking about another league? You do know Port have been in the league since day 1.

Just remind me what all the wailing and gnashing of teeth was at Alberton at the last match of the previous incarnation of the magpies was about end of last season.

How are you going with this question, kickinit?

That was all about a situation that never ended up happening. At that point it looked like the PAFC were set to remove the magpies all together, have no side in the SANFL reserves competition, remove all jnr's and remove everything the magpies had done in the community. The media were the ones saying that Port was going to adopt the same structure as the crows. I myself was in the same position, but the I was reassured by the club it wasn't going to happen and it never did happen. So if the Port proposal had been done before that match then those scene's would of never happen.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby saintal » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Apparently the Crows put out a tweet saying the Magpies are dead and the team is the power ressies. They have since deleted it. Odd decision I would have thought (even though they were actually speaking the truth for a rare occasion)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby JohnnyG » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:36 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:Still haven't heard what Port are paying....must be classified information.

".... Port ... paying..... " :roll: rofl what are joke
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:39 pm

kickinit wrote:That was all about a situation that never ended up happening. At that point it looked like the PAFC were set to remove the magpies all together, have no side in the SANFL reserves competition, remove all jnr's and remove everything the magpies had done in the community. The media were the ones saying that Port was going to adopt the same structure as the crows. I myself was in the same position, but the I was reassured by the club it wasn't going to happen and it never did happen. So if the Port proposal had been done before that match then those scene's would of never happen.

So by your logic the Ravens are a proper footy club .

Nice one.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Mic » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby LPH » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Scum Bags ... It is THEY who are responsible for this disgrace!!!
To take such a stance says more about THEM than PAFC FFS!
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Kahuna » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 pm

kickinit wrote:
That was all about a situation that never ended up happening

Maggies.jpg
Maggies.jpg (29.36 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Mic » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:54 pm

LPH wrote:Scum Bags ... It is THEY who are responsible for this disgrace!!!
To take such a stance says more about THEM than PAFC FFS!

True, but at least in the SANFL they claim to be who they actually are (although their AFL team also claim to be the pride of South Australia!).
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby dedja » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Hypocrite much Mr Summerton?

"A Power reserves team will be a team full of blokes not playing for the prison bars, but playing only to try and get themselves noticed by the AFL side," wrote Summerton.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6707860823

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch is under fire from Magpie greats and current players - including Magarey Medallist Jeremy Clayton - as the future of the SANFL club remains under threat.

Clayton and Magpies vice-captain Steve Summerton have taken to social media to blast Koch and club chief executive Keith Thomas for not standing up to the SA Football Commission that is demanding Port choose between a Power AFL reserves team in the SANFL or keeping the full-scale Magpies.

Koch last night led a board meeting at Alberton to consider the reality their hands are tied on this debate because the Magpies do not have permanent tenure in the SANFL. The league's directors could on November 1 - when the two SA-based AFL licences are expected to be sold to the AFL for $15 million - revoke the Magpies' licence.

The Magpies' part in the SANFL would then be replaced by a stand-alone Power AFL reserves team.

Port's board last night considered an SANFL offer to:

PLACE all excess Power players in the SANFL league competition from next year.

KEEP the Magpies reserves and under-age teams and recruiting zones for only 2014.

In 2015, Port would then mirror the Crows - with an AFL team and a reserves side in the SANFL league competition. The AFL clubs would have no recruiting zone and rely on SANFL clubs for "top-up" players.

Port's board is unlikely to declare its position until the Magpies have played last SANFL game - against Glenelg at Glenelg - next Saturday.

Clayton, who retired from the Magpies last year after 125 games and with five club champion titles, attacked Koch on Twitter on Thursday saying: "Are you and the leaders of the footy club, going to roll over to the sanfl commission? 140 years of history gone! For what?"

More cutting was 2010 club champion Summerton on Facebook where he questioned the right of Power players to wear the traditional Magpie jumper in the SANFL.

"A Power reserves team will be a team full of blokes not playing for the prison bars, but playing only to try and get themselves noticed by the AFL side," wrote Summerton.

"There's a massive difference."

Summerton also attacked any plan to shut down the Magpies' under-age teams and recruiting zones in the city and on the Eyre Peninsula.

"To think that a young lad, either local or from the West Coast, can't dream of growing up and one day playing for the mighty Port Magpies is a disgrace.

"The integrity of the SANFL is now dead."

Summerton also called for the SANFL premiership flags to be removed from the Power changerooms saying: "Put them in the Magpies rooms - you didn't win them, the Magpies did."

Port's official response last night was to acknowledge Summerton's "passion and emotion". But the club added Summerton was speaking without knowledge of the negotiations to preserve the Magpies in the SANFL.

Clayton challenged Koch on Twitter to stop answering easy questions to the fans and to deal with "the tough ones in regards to the Magpies future."
Last edited by dedja on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby southee » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Summerton has no credibility !

The guy is a sheep !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:10 pm

dedja wrote:I owe the good people of Port Adelaide a sincere apology.

On Friday, I had a meeting on St Vincent Street and parked my car in a side street for about 2 hours.

To my pleasant surprise, my car was still there when I returned. I was relieved when I found out that I still had all my wheels. I was ecstatic when I found out I wasn't keyed.

I did notice a lot of action outside of the police station but it must have been an unusually busy day,

Despite the fact the streets were deserted and most of the buildings were empty it was a pleasant morning.

Eagles territory. This is Football.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby dedja » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:11 pm

:lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby mal » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:11 pm

dedja wrote:I owe the good people of Port Adelaide a sincere apology.

There was a Melbourne footballer who sailed over in 1877 to play for Port Adelaide
He arrived by ship at the Port
He asked how to get to the Port Adelaide Football Club
He was told he needed a horse as it was too far to walk
He was directed to a blacksmith
This is how things happened
" I need a horse"
" Have no horses left, only got a camel."
" Whats a camel ?"
" Its like a horse."
And the blacksmith sold a camel to the prospective Port Adelaide Footballer
He rode his camel towards the Port Adelaide Football Club
On the way he stopped at a hotel for a drink
" Sarsaparilla thanks"
A local wharfie had this to say
" Only women drink Sarsaparilla."
" F..k off a...hole I'm a Victorian , Victorians can drink what they want."
The two had an ensuing scuffle
Both men were apprehended by the police
This is how the interview went at the police station that Dedja mentioned in his post
" Whats your name?"
" Gary Butcher."
" Address"
" No address I'm from Melbourne, and I'm proud of being a Victorian"
" Why are you riding a camel stupid?"
" No horses."
" Is the camel a MALe or feMALe ?."
" Errrr its its errrrrrr , its a feMALe, yes its a feMALe for sure."
" How do you know its a feMALe?"
" Its is, I know it is, when I first rode away from the Port, men were saying look at the c..t on the camel."
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 pm

kickinit wrote:
wild dog wrote:while you are at editing can you change the last part to .... Port Power reserves making their first ever grand final.

Why would I do that? According to the SANFl the PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES are playing norwood in the GF. I'll post the flyer so you can see.

Just because you put a dog in a stable, doesn't make it an effing horse.

Call em what you like, they're still an AFL reserve side
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:30 pm

kickinit wrote:
LPH wrote:
saintal wrote:
LPH wrote:Re: Photo @ Glenelg Oval, circa Round 23, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I went along that day as a 'neutral' to see the end of the Magpies (as we knew them). I'm still glad I did.

I did the same.
The CS was very vocal after the game - looked like the end of the Magpies to me.
I too was glad I did - would be interesting to see how many that turn up next week were actually there that day too.
10%? 20%?

Thats the point LPH to you they might be. Which at the end of the day doesn't really matter. What really matters is what the supporters think. I'll ask you this question. If collingwood didn't exist at all and the power was named the magpies in the AFL, would you still be saying the magpies are dead? At the end of the day our AFL side is the power and our SANFl side is the magpies our club is the Port Adelaide Football Club.

And your SANFL side is your afl reserves. Get over it and accept reality.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:36 pm

kickinit wrote:
spell_check wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
Yes, congrats on making the gf (lower case intentional) in your debut season.
Coach has done an awesome job with the squad he had to work with.

Debut season? are you talking about another league? You do know Port have been in the league since day 1.

day 1...of this season

you mean day 1 of the 1877 season?

The clubs involved - Adelaide (est. 1860), Port Adelaide (est. 1870), Willunga, South Park, North Adelaide, Kapunda, Bankers, Gawler, Prince Alfred College, South Adelaide (est. 1876), Victorian and Woodville - all contested the 1877 season.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/the_sanfl/history_of_the_sanfl/

And your Port Adelaide of 2014 are no more associated to the Port Adelaide of 1870 than the Adelaide of 2014 is to the Adelaide of 1860.
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL