Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Junior Football

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 pm

The umpires can & should stop the game when there's any of that rot, give the team manager 1 warning that if swearing or abusing the umpires/players continues the game is forfeited & the opposing team wins. Seen it done before, works a treat.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:36 pm

FAIR CALL to both who want to stamp this out - but one points to the Umpires and the other points to NEMJFA.

Get the clubs to take responsibility FFS!!!!

Why do the Association or the Umpires have to deal with Clubs PROBLEMS? - grow a pair......
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:04 pm

The clubs are expected to take responsibility ezy, there are 2 ground marshals appointed in finals. But if they ignore the problems, what then? just let the abuse continue? There are 2 NEMJFA officials at every finals game, they do approach the ground marshals with any problems saw it on Friday night. I'm of the view that it is the umpys responsibility to report abuse on either coaches or supporters who abuse either them or the kids that's not picked up by ground marshals or association reps, & I mean personal abuse not calling for frees & stuff.
Tell you what, watch the other parents silence their own if the umps gave out a forfeit warning
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:12 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:FAIR CALL to both who want to stamp this out - but one points to the Umpires and the other points to NEMJFA.

Get the clubs to take responsibility FFS!!!!

Why do the Association or the Umpires have to deal with Clubs PROBLEMS? - grow a pair......

Major problem is that ground marshalls are parents of players 9 times out of 10. They do not want to be involved in incidents or confrontation and rightly so as they have no powers to do anything. I have seen incidents where ground marshalls have spoken to supporters or parents from an opposing side only to be told by that sides ground marshall, "just go deal with your mob"

Fair enough, then ring the Police, hopefully they are not busy and can come and deal with the problem

Unfortunately the day will probably come where a ground marshall is assaulted or verbally abused and the matter will go further and not only in the criminal courts but the civil courts as well.

In saying that, apart from one isolated incident this season in watching the U14 comp, think the parents and supporters, although vocal have been well behaved. Personally I dont think there is anything wrong with a little banter between supporters as long as it is taken the right way
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:16 am

Ripping story about Hectorville in the Sunday Mail this morning. Heart warming stuff
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 am

Good luck to all Junior sides playing in Grand Finals today
locky801
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:26 pm

jo172 wrote:Has just been pointed out to me that PNU has won straight through to the GF in every red age group in NEMJFA except Under 15s to go along with its Under 18s winning straight through. Good times at Rosella Street.

Believe they won them all as well. Not sure re the U18 result as havent heard
locky801
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:44 pm

locky801 wrote:
jo172 wrote:Has just been pointed out to me that PNU has won straight through to the GF in every red age group in NEMJFA except Under 15s to go along with its Under 18s winning straight through. Good times at Rosella Street.

PNU won by a point I believe
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Correct weight. Flags in the under 11s, 12s, 13s, 14s, 16s and 18s.

As good as our wildest dreams.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Also having seen a lot of 18 reds this year I'd be fascinated to learn it's strength relative to yellow. People involved with red are certain it's much stronger, but I guess they would be!
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby beeroclock » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 am

jo172 wrote:Also having seen a lot of 18 reds this year I'd be fascinated to learn it's strength relative to yellow. People involved with red are certain it's much stronger, but I guess they would be!

I guess it's all relevant to how many over aged players are in any one particular side also.
Don't like the over age rule myself.
Big gap from a lad turning 17 and lad turning 19 in the same year.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:09 am

beeroclock wrote:
jo172 wrote:Also having seen a lot of 18 reds this year I'd be fascinated to learn it's strength relative to yellow. People involved with red are certain it's much stronger, but I guess they would be!

I guess it's all relevant to how many over aged players are in any one particular side also.
[b]Big gap from a lad turning 17 and lad turning 19 in the same year.[/b]

Yes and no. Depends on the individual player and their ability. I think some overage players really benefit from having an extra year at Under 18s level.

One possible improvement would be for overage players also participating in their club's A or B Grade sides to be ineligible for Under 18 selection
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby beeroclock » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 am

jo172 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Yes and no. Depends on the individual player and their ability. I think some overage players really benefit from having an extra year at Under 18s level.

One possible improvement would be for overage players also participating in their club's A or B Grade sides to be ineligible for Under 18 selection

Sure they may benefit,but your question was : It would be interesting to see how the two divvies matchup in comparison?
It's irrelevant because you have bigger stronger players playing against others that should be in the grade.
Have a strictly U18 comp,then you can compare.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

beeroclock wrote:
jo172 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Sure they may benefit,but your question was : It would be interesting to see how the two divvies matchup in comparison?
It's irrelevant because you have bigger stronger players playing against others that should be in the grade.
Have a strictly U18 comp,then you can compare.

How is it irrelevant? Aren't overagers allowed in both Reds and Yellows?

Whether or not it's a strictly underage competition doesn't alter a genuine question about the relative strengths of the two competitions.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby beeroclock » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 am

No worries Jo 172.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:22 am

Having seen the Red division most of the year, and a couple of Yellow Division games ( and with discussion with others) , plus observing the games yesterday I would say the Red Division is marginally stronger, being more skilful and a better standard. The Yellow Division seems to have stronger and bigger players, but the skill level is down a bit.

In comparing the two games yesterday, the Red GF was a fast, hard contest with some great team play. Cracking contest between the two best sides.

The Yellow games was less "skilful" but equally well contested. Mark of the Year taken, without doubt. Hope the guy had the video on it, send to Almost Footy Legends. Absolute screamer.

Almost line ball, with a nod to the Red Division by a hair.
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:41 pm

locky801 wrote:

Quite a remarkable result across the board especially if your seniors get up on the weekend. Might be something for the history books.
Pretty certain Macca is the driving influence throughout the Club with some damn good helpers and coaches. Looking at Junior PNU games over the last few seasons they all seem to play a very similar style of footy from U10 upwards. Doesnt matter what Junior game i went and watched that PNU were playing in Macca was there. And was always saying hi and willing to chat

Coming from Broadies I love to hate PNU however one can only congratulate them this season in their Junior ranks.,

The chase begins ;)
locky801
Coach

Postby Jetters » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:08 pm

locky801 wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Quite a remarkable result across the board especially if your seniors get up on the weekend. Might be something for the history books.
Pretty certain Macca is the driving influence throughout the Club with some damn good helpers and coaches. Looking at Junior PNU games over the last few seasons they all seem to play a very similar style of footy from U10 upwards. Doesnt matter what Junior game i went and watched that PNU were playing in Macca was there. And was always saying hi and willing to chat

Coming from Broadies I love to hate PNU however one can only congratulate them this season in their Junior ranks.,

The chase begins ;)

Lets hope not!
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:57 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... d=34417883

Why is Walkerville not fielding an U/16 team in 2015? I don't understand the article.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/walkerville-cats-football-players-win-fifth-consecutive-final-now-players-ready-to-brave-sanfl/story-fni9ll1r-1227068018350?sv=44b43ef0b653d916f0c7f7af79048bb4&net_sub_uid=34417883

Why is Walkerville not fielding an U/16 team in 2015? I don't understand the article.

Walkerville wouldn't have fielded an Under 16s team for years (off the top of my head).

They tend to lose a lot of kids to College First 18s and SANFL junior programs. As anyone involved in kids football knows, finding fresh 15/16 year olds is the hardest age group to fill.
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League