Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14/9)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:17 pm

dedja wrote:There could be an argument for a comma after 'site', but otherwise perfect.

I didn't want to be pedantic. You know how touchy he gets.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:26 pm

kickinit wrote:
maccad wrote:
kickinit wrote:
maccad wrote:very disappointed with the power reserves winning today, could have handled losing to south (not that I think we will lose to the power reserves) but having to sit with one club supporters going on about where is your team in the afl and not hearing any smart ass comments out of them until they start kicking goals. It will make the win sweeter beating PP reserves but boy it will be unbearable if we were to lose watching all that teal blue celebrating their first magpies game in 15 years. Hopefully I am surrounded by norwood supporter and don't have to get in any arguments with power supporters.

You'll be happy then that your playing PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES next week then

17 Power listed players wearing a magpies jumper does not make them magpies. In 3 weeks time 7 of them will told see you later.

Being a power listed player also does not make the team Port Power. The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is. As much as you must hate it, PAFC team in the SANFL is PORT ADELAIDE MAGPIES.

KRAKIT he is back with words of knowledge and wisdom apparently South did not play against the AFL POWER RESERVES today.

Gee you really one hell of an intelligent individual !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Brendan M » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 am

The rise of South (and Sturt) is the highlight of 2014. Great work from both clubs. Great work also from RPH commentators in their post-game conclusions yesterday. The kind of straight-talking that only an independent media can provide - long live community radio.
Brendan M
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 am

Brendan M wrote:The rise of South (and Sturt) is the highlight of 2014. Great work from both clubs. Great work also from RPH commentators in their post-game conclusions yesterday. The kind of straight-talking that only an independent media can provide - long live community radio.

What did rph say
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brendan M » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:41 am

Each of them (was Daryl S, Dion - the ex umpire, John N - I may have their names wrong) commented separately that the consequences of introducing AFL are profound, that the short to long term impacts are and will be damaging to the SANFL and that the local clubs are extremely disadvantaged by the new arrangements.
Brendan M
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 am

Brendan M wrote:Each of them (was Daryl S, Dion - the ex umpire, John N - I may have their names wrong) commented separately that the consequences of introducing AFL are profound, that the short to long term impacts are and will be damaging to the SANFL and that the local clubs are extremely disadvantaged by the new arrangements.

Was in total contrast to the attitude of the AA commentators. I know that will come as a surprise to many.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:45 am

JK wrote:
Brendan M wrote:Each of them (was Daryl S, Dion - the ex umpire, John N - I may have their names wrong) commented separately that the consequences of introducing AFL are profound, that the short to long term impacts are and will be damaging to the SANFL and that the local clubs are extremely disadvantaged by the new arrangements.

Was in total contrast to the attitude of the AA commentators. I know that will come as a surprise to many.

Wouldn't expect anything less.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby darley16 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby wild dog » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:08 pm

southee wrote:
kickinit wrote:
RB wrote:
kickinit wrote:The thing that decides what they are called is what the team name is.

At only the most superficial of levels. You can call your dog a horse; it's still a dog.

That is correct, you can call the magpies the power, but we are still the magpies.

So is that why your cheer squad were chanting "power" at the game ?

I thought I could hear that on the LifeFM call. Was it the (think Ceeeeentrallls) Poweeerrrr chant. :lol:
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Rising Power » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:41 pm

darley16 wrote:Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.

If wearing teal and singing the power song will make you and your club feel better about the AFL reserves playing in the SANFL league competition then I'm all for the change.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby darley16 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Yes it will, slightly because it is a true reflection of what and who the club is and what it is not.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby PhilH » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:22 pm

RPH yesterday was Darryl Smith, Don Cooper & Phil Aspinall

LifeFM yesterday were Doug Oakley, John Nankivell and Andrew Marks
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Surprised Chris Kendall couldn't make it onto any panel. Usually knows his stuff and manages not to talk about himself or the club he supports while doing so.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby footywise » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 pm

darley16 wrote:Very proud of my football club both on and off the field, we have been proven to be morally correct in voting no against AFL reserves and we have lifted our status and respect throughout the SANFL as a well managed, stable club with a group of committed team oriented footballers. We were beaten not the Port Magpies as we once knew them, we played Port Adelaide FC now the Power an AFL club, they must mothball their old striped jumper and wear the teal, this misrepresentation of the truth is fooling no one except maybe themselves. They boost loudly they are one club, one club doesn't have two different colours, known by two different names, wear different jumper designs, have two different club songs, two different club logo's.

Im very proud too but am disappointed at the some of our supporters carrying on
footywise

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Rising Power » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

No comments on ex-Port Adelaide SANFL player and AFL assistant coach Brad Gotch's remarks at 3 quarter time? Something along the lines of a "piss-weak effort".

I'd be hoping the South players aren't sitting back thinking "woe is me, the ONLY reason we only lost is because the opposition are full-time professionals". Didn't seem to impact Norwood too much last week.
Last edited by Rising Power on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby dedja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:38 pm

It's a valid point I hate to admit. These off-field issues shouldn't and don't have a bearing on-field.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby footywise » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Rising Power wrote:No comments on ex-Port Adelaide SANFL player and AFL assistant coach Brad Gotch's remarks at 3 quarter time? Something along the lines of a "piss-weak effort".

I'd be hoping the South players aren't sitting back thinking "woe is me, the ONLY reason we only lost is because the opposition are full-time professionals". Didn't seem to impact Norwood too much last week.

Last edited by footywise on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footywise

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Rising Power » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:14 pm

darley16 wrote:Yes it will, slightly because it is a true reflection of what and who the club is and what it is not.

And opposition supporters who hate the club are clearly the most appropriate people to tell Port supporters what the club is and what it is not. Please go ahead and orchestrate any changes as necessary.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Rising Power wrote:No comments on ex-Port Adelaide SANFL player and AFL assistant coach Brad Gotch's remarks at 3 quarter time? Something along the lines of a "piss-weak effort".

It was that effort that cost them the game....a group of part time professional footballers were beating a bunch of pampered professionals being paid 10 times as much to play the same game :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:08 pm

My recollection of the comments were as follows:

Rhett Biglands was interviewing him as they exited the playing surface, after the 3/4 address.
Gotch was asked about Port's dominance of the quarter & the fact that the mid-field failed to stop Port's 'run'.
His response was one of candor & completely understandable, given the context;
"Our midfield was piss poor & its about time they stood up, otherwise the season is over..."

Seems reasonable to me.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL