HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Howard wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Justquietly wrote:What?! Finals don't count towards Shield do they?

No they don't, but LGIL is hoping if he says they do enough, he'll convince others.......

Where does it say that they don't?

You're sounding more like Tony Abbott with every post, ie say something often enough and a lot of dumb people will end up believing you.

Teams not participating in finals are unable to accumalate points. So it's not fair.

By that logic, surely a team playing finals is too strong to relegate.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Am I missing something? Don't the clubs vote on the constitution that runs the league and the HFL Board just administer it. If that is correct then why is there any beefing from anyone. If that says Echunga have to go down, even if they win the flag, then so be it. If clubs are not happy with it as it is then just move to change the constitution!
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Sorce » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Can anyone confirm when the football season officially ends???? Is it at the end of round 18 or after Saturdays Grand Final?
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Postby Legs Man » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Please note:
The Club Shield points is different to relegation points because -

U13's are not included in relegation but are for club shield
Points allocated for relegation process are on number of points accumulated across all sides excluding U13's during said season.

The season is completed once the GF is decided. (the season as a whole which is both minor and major rounds)

This is the same for all leagues that play finals - it is one football season.

Thus by the HFL's own rules - as voted for by the clubs - Echunga is now 8th on the points ladder.

Surely they can't change the rules now that Echunga has accumulated the required points to avoid relegation - or can they?

Lets concentrate on the "super GF" between the 2013 premiers from both divisions.

Wow - who would have predicted this could happen!!!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 am

Congratulations to Echunga, certainly assembled a very solid team at the right time of the year. Very pacey through the midfield, Jennings in particular is a clearance king and with tall timber like Carey and Harland up forward, I think they'll push the Cabbage.

Out of the Prelim, Echunga are the best side to take on Uraidla as my beloved Tigers would've been depleted suffering injuries to key players in Matt Jenkin (hammy in first minute), Tommy Johnson did his knee in the 2nd qtr, then throw in concussion to Matty Brockhouse and young gun Jack Maxwell plus a few other sore boys, wasn't a good day.

Question is - where do Echunga go for a beer outside of the Club? Is the pub still closed?
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Pinarello » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 am

^ I understand the Echunga pub has re-opened recently. Have heard the new management is keen to re-engage with the local sporting community.
Pinarello
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Hagen Arms back up and running with a reasonable couple running it again (they are the actual owners)

They support the footy club and put on a good feed.

Even Nozza is working there so it is back to normal for all and sundry.

BTW - Uraidla at full strength ?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Pinarello » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Nozza - so he won't be in the GE anytime soon?
Pinarello
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Hagen for Nozza! - no GE
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby bailey39 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Really hoping Echunga spank Uraidla this week :P
bailey39
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby On The Chest » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 am

Legs Man wrote:Hagen for Nozza! - no GE

Nozza? I knew a bloke from that area about 25 years ago with this nickname. Is this Steven Noske you are talking about. Always like a fair few beers.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Panther » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:24 am

The one and only
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby On The Chest » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:52 am

The Panther wrote:The one and only

Thanks for that. Thought there could only be one Nozza.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Postby youngpace » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Come on how about some GF talk!!!

Tipping The Dee's to bring home a win by 2 goal. With Edwards, Carey, Lindsy and D. Edmonds to be the big influences.
Chops in particular is a stand out for Echunga come crunch time and I hope it is again the case tomorrow!
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby cracka » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:26 pm

I think the club that has recruited the be$$$t will win.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby On The Chest » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:28 am

Would be good to see Echunga win. Anything can happen in finals. Although, if they do win I'm predicting we will have a summer of comments about relegation and promotion again. Mt. Lofty got relegated and wins the country GF. Echunga got promoted and win the central GF and then get relegated again. Oh well.
Good luck to all teams playing today.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Postby R. White » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:04 am

Regardless of who wins today, regardless of the constitution or rules surely Echunga will stay in central next year. I know there are people out there that disagree and will say "rules are rules and they knew them when they came up" but in all seriousness, give it up! Rules and laws are changed and amended all the time for the better in all aspects of life and this is no different. For the sake of the competition both Echunga and my lofty need to be in central. Echunga have proved that by making it this far and it is a natural progression that the lower grades will improve the longer they stay up. As long as the hfl sticks with these outdated and stupid rules the competition is going to be looked at as a farce! They made a mistake sending lofty back, lofty copped it on the chin and showed the whole competition the rules are wrong and need to be changed, hopefully someone has stood up and taken notice!
On the game today, I think uraidla are 1.10 favourites. Their list is littered with talent and big day experience. However everyone knows that anything can happen on the day and Echunga definatly have the cattle to cause an upset! Uraidla have enough flags so I'll be backing the underdogs to get up in a thriller!
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:11 am

R. White wrote: They made a mistake sending lofty back, lofty copped it on the chin and showed the whole competition the rules are wrong and need to be changed, hopefully someone has stood up and taken notice!

Are you serious ? Lofty copped it on the chin !!

They squealed like stuck pigs, they actively worked against Echunga's application to come up, they called every HFL club President to make a case as to why they shouldn't go down (and got shirty if they didn't get the response they were seeking), then they misrepresented a number of facts to the HFL clubs in a letter they distributed. They did everything but "cop it on the chin".

I think everyone conveniently forgets that when Mt Lofty were relegated they finished stone motherless last in both A grade and B grade. They were hardly the high flying juggernaut of Central Division.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby sideview » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Yes and that's why bottom team should go down and top team come up regardless of who you are.
sideview
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby cracka » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Violent start to the A grade. 1 red (Echunga) & 3 yellow (2 Echunga & 1 Uraidla) cards in the 1st 15 minutes. The red was a dirty behind the play snipe that caused an all in brawl where the sniper then copped the square up with blood streaming from his ear. The Uraidla guy who squared up was then given a yellow & then another yellow to an Echunga player who threw a few. The 3rd yellow was after Uraidla's 1st goal but I didn't see what for. good viewing for a neutral spectator.

Unfortunately my kids were whinging wanting to leave so at 3/4 time Echunga were up by 2 goals. hopefully someone can update the final score asap.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy