Riverland Football Chatter

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:07 pm

I've been wrong twice before on Smart, despite having the best contact possible in that regard, so I'm not tempting fate again. ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

DARK KNIGHT wrote:I would think normal process, I think the Rovers would be some what pleased with the year.
what's this rubbish in the Pioneer about a bumper crowd, would have been just average, Lefty must have trouble counting.
what do you think the wash up will be at Barmera re the coaching gig & surely Smart & Greenwood will retire.

would have been a better crowd if the Waikerie supporters turned up and supported their team.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Not Scared » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
DARK KNIGHT wrote:I would think normal process, I think the Rovers would be some what pleased with the year.
what's this rubbish in the Pioneer about a bumper crowd, would have been just average, Lefty must have trouble counting.
what do you think the wash up will be at Barmera re the coaching gig & surely Smart & Greenwood will retire.

would have been a better crowd if the Waikerie supporters turned up and supported their team.

Looked like a big crowd to me. Great venue for it. All GFs at Berri is spot on. Some people are too willing to let club based scare mongering get in the way of the best outcome for all.
Don't be scared. Now is not the time!
Not Scared
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Was a good crowd, seen bigger in the last few years.
Agree, great venue and great surface.
All Grand Finals there, i don't think so.
Towns that host the GF's have more to gain than selling food and grog at the ground. Alot more traffic goes through each town that hosts each GF. Some go to local businesses for food, grog, shopping, fuel, etc. I'd say it'd be a good trading day for the host town.
Sharing it is still the best way to go.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby WellPlayed#9 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Not Scared wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Looked like a big crowd to me. Great venue for it. All GFs at Berri is spot on. Some people are too willing to let club based scare mongering get in the way of the best outcome for all.

If Berri genuinely think this is good idea, they would provide some evidence to support their argument? Why not open the books on Saturdays game and other clubs could compare a GF at Berri vs their own club. I suspect Berri FC has a hidden agenda, perhaps a major infrastructure project but in order to obtain grant money they need to increase oval use. Unfortunately that will come at expense of other clubs.
All grand finals at Berri will be fantastic for Berri, terrible for everyone else. The stupid thing about this debate is it ignores the real elephant in the room in RFL, No Netball! Bringing netball and football together would have far more benefits than a half baked theory about centralised GF's!
Football aint for the faint hearted, anonymous blogging is!
WellPlayed#9

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby stun72 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:51 am

Must've been a big crowd at Berri on Saturday - apparently they ran out of XXXX cans before the end of the B-grade or is this just a lack of planning with the catering????
stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 am

Not Scared wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Will never happen. Clubs would need to all be in agreeance and there's no way in china that's going to happen so not sure why it gets brought up to be honest.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby DARK KNIGHT » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:43 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Not Scared wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Will never happen. Clubs would need to all be in agreeance and there's no way in china that's going to happen so not sure why it gets brought up to be honest.

ask your coach then, he seems to be the one pushing the agenda
DARK KNIGHT
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 am

My coach??
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Not Scared » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:41 am

stun72 wrote:Must've been a big crowd at Berri on Saturday - apparently they ran out of XXXX cans before the end of the B-grade or is this just a lack of planning with the catering????

Temporarily ran out. Was just a matter of getting more from the cool room. It was pretty hard to keep everything stocked up that's for sure.
Not Scared
Under 16s

Postby Not Scared » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:52 pm

WellPlayed#9 wrote:
Not Scared wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

If Berri genuinely think this is good idea, they would provide some evidence to support their argument? Why not open the books on Saturdays game and other clubs could compare a GF at Berri vs their own club. I suspect Berri FC has a hidden agenda, perhaps a major infrastructure project but in order to obtain grant money they need to increase oval use. Unfortunately that will come at expense of other clubs.
All grand finals at Berri will be fantastic for Berri, terrible for everyone else. The stupid thing about this debate is it ignores the real elephant in the room in RFL, No Netball! Bringing netball and football together would have far more benefits than a half baked theory about centralised GF's!

There's the scare mongering. The fact is, I've heard support for this from a range of different people. People mention this to me all the time and that's a range of people from different clubs. This isn't just a Berri thing, as evidenced by Martin Hill's letter in the Pioneer. There needs to be a serious discussion about this between the RFL and the clubs.
Not Scared
Under 16s

Postby Bald Eagle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Gents, can anyone provide me with a guide/comparison as to what the standard of the Independent competition is like? Particularly the stronger teams, as I understand the weaker teams may be a fair way off of the pace... cheers
Bald Eagle
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Div 7, div 8 is probably a fair assessment.
Although others will have a different opinion.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:57 pm

BaldEagle - do you have a Dutch surname?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Bald Eagle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:59 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:BaldEagle - do you have a Dutch surname?

Im no expert on the origin of surnames, but no, I do not believe it is Dutch.
Bald Eagle
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm just trying to place your identity ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Basher McCracken » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Bit of a whisper going around that Barmera's Jake Smith has signed on to play footy at Wentworth next year, also there might be some more players from the Roo's that are looking at jumping ship ;)
Basher McCracken
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:17 am

Basher McCracken wrote:Bit of a whisper going around that Barmera's Jake Smith has signed on to play footy at Wentworth next year, also there might be some more players from the Roo's that are looking at jumping ship ;)

Have they appointed a coach yet?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby WellPlayed#9 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:17 am

Another blow to independent comp with BSR about to go into recess. Quite extraordinary to go from grand finalist to pulling the plug in 3 months.
Football aint for the faint hearted, anonymous blogging is!
WellPlayed#9

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:49 am

Holy crap!
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy