2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Postby Rising Power » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Suri wrote:
maccad wrote:
footywise wrote:So can Young and Impey play or not?

I am pretty sure if the power lose Saturday they are not eligible to play due not enough qualifying games. The question was asked to hocking at the sanfl press conference yesterday about what does this do to your line up if the power lose Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygRtRf0TSko The question is asked at about the 11:35min mark of the video. Hocking is asked if the Power lose are Impey and Young unable to play and he answers yes.

I'd say if they miss, Biemans would come in and Slattery or R. Young pending injury assessments.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby footywise » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Good news for Norwood. A Young is a gun at this level
footywise

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:52 pm

footywise wrote:Good news for Norwood. A Young is a gun at this level

Good news IF the Power lose.

In the end it doesnt matter who plays or who doesnt, Norwood have to turn up ready to play. It wont be good if they are relying on players being out of the Magpies side.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby footywise » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Power will lose. Nothing surer.

I am staggered at this rule tho, what if the AFL game finished at say 5pm and the SANFL game started at 5pm on the same day? Would they still not play.
footywise

Been liked: 6 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Very Simple kick the Reserves sides out of our competition very simple!!!!!

Notice how the Cows call them their State League side not their Reserves side?????
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Rising Power » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:23 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Very Simple kick the Reserves sides out of our competition very simple!!!!!

Notice how the Cows call them their State League side not their Reserves side?????

Don't let the crows fool you. They're a reserves side alright, not just sturt in a different jumper!
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:26 pm

footywise wrote:Just seems to contradict what the constitution says but I hope you are right. Impey doesn't do much but I think they would miss Young.

Its the constitution, its Mabo, its justice, its law, its the vibe, and, uh... No that's it. Its the vibe!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby ca » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Tech1 wrote:Strange that the u/18s grand final isn't being played at Adelaide Oval on Sunday, i guess everything is changing, used to enjoy going as a neutral to watch the u/18s & reserves play beforehand.

I think with the Screaming Jets on before the GF on Sunday, it would have meant the Under 18's would have had to start before 9:00am !!!

I think it is good that the GF is being played on the Friday night, but think it would have been better at The Parade, than the Bay...

The SANFL will be LIVE streaming and commentating the Under 18's, and Reserves, Grand Final on their website...

You could be right, my other thought was given the City Bay is on Sunday morning the city will be fairly crazy until about 9.30am which would make it hard for players / officials / families to get to the ground.
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby o five » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:52 pm

If the Power Reserves are serious about this game, they will win comfotably 5 > 6 goals. And unless the rules are changed we might as well get use to it for years to come, as it`s only a matter of time before the Cows Reserves team starts to gel together and we will have an all AFL RESERVES GF. :oops:
Thanks Bohden. =D>
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Rising Power » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:47 pm

o five wrote:If the Power Reserves are serious about this game, they will win comfotably 5 > 6 goals. And unless the rules are changed we might as well get use to it for years to come, as it`s only a matter of time before the Cows Reserves team starts to gel together and we will have an all AFL RESERVES GF. :oops:
Thanks Bohden. =D>

And if Norwood win it will be against all odds, the underdogs pulling through, amateurs beat the pros, yada yada yada. If that happens, then the rules definitely won't change (again) until the end of next season.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby o five » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Rising Power wrote:
o five wrote:If the Power Reserves are serious about this game, they will win comfotably 5 > 6 goals. And unless the rules are changed we might as well get use to it for years to come, as it`s only a matter of time before the Cows Reserves team starts to gel together and we will have an all AFL RESERVES GF. :oops:
Thanks Bohden. =D>

And if Norwood win it will be against all odds, the underdogs pulling through, amateurs beat the pros, yada yada yada. If that happens, then the rules definitely won't change (again) until the end of next season.

Just stating the facts.
o five
Under 16s

Postby Rising Power » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:13 pm

o five wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
Thanks Bohden. =D>

Just stating the facts.

Me too. The best thing for changing the current set up is Port winning. Norwood winning it will just convince the powers that be that the system is fine.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby o five » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Rising Power wrote:
o five wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
Thanks Bohden. =D>

Just stating the facts.

Me too. The best thing for changing the current set up is Port winning. Norwood winning it will just convince the powers that be that the system is fine.

Cheers, we agree. Best of luck on Sunday :partyman:
o five
Under 16s

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:33 pm

bulldog2004 wrote:Do you get free entry for SACA members?????

Apparently, I just called SACA to find out myself
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Fricky » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:50 pm

The Ash Man wrote:

If you have paid for 2014/15 membership you can use your 2013/14 SACA card to get in the GF. Members and GA
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Tech1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Rising Power wrote:
o five wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
Thanks Bohden. =D>

Just stating the facts.

Both spot on, the crows and port teams will be better next year no doubt about it but i also think it will be marginal for any further changes to be made even if port win on Sunday, sounds like they have already made the soft changes to the top up players for next year, can't see much else being changed, if it was going to it would've been mentioned by now. They wont put a cap on the amount of players as in the next year or two the academy side port have will either fold or play somewhere else and the crows don't want to field a third team either, so that wont work.
Tech1
Rookie

Been liked: 27 times

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Suri wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

If you have paid for 2014/15 membership you can use your 2013/14 SACA card to get in the GF. Members and GA

Odd that it's not specifically mentioned on the SANFL grand final info pages nor SACA website. For those who have paid this years subs but not received cards, do we take the receipt? Can anyone find an official statement re: free entry?
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
Suri wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:

Odd that it's not specifically mentioned on the SANFL grand final info pages nor SACA website. For those who have paid this years subs but not received cards, do we take the receipt? Can anyone find an official statement re: free entry?

See the bolded part above
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby FOOTY TALK » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 pm

maccad wrote:

I am pretty sure if the power lose Saturday they are not eligible to play due not enough qualifying games. The question was asked to hocking at the sanfl press conference yesterday about what does this do to your line up if the power lose Saturday.

Yes they can play if power lose because they class this week as a round of football be different if magpies played next week and power lost this week
FOOTY TALK
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby FOOTY TALK » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:15 pm

Rising Power wrote:
Suri wrote:
maccad wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygRtRf0TSko The question is asked at about the 11:35min mark of the video. Hocking is asked if the Power lose are Impey and Young unable to play and he answers yes.

I'd say if they miss, Biemans would come in and Slattery or R. Young pending injury assessments.

J.Butcher will be an in.
FOOTY TALK
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL