Sanderson sacked

Talk on the national game

Re: Sanderson sacked

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Hondo wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:I can't understand sacking a coach so quickly. As a player you don't peak till 5-6 years in the system. I reckon coaches do the same. At least Hardwick has been given every chance. I don't think Adelaide could say the same about Sanderson.

Hardwick is interesting as a comparison. He's had 5 years now and his finals record is two times made it for two losses. So he's been given every chance as you say but what has he got to show for it so far? Not much really for 5 years at it. I think the Crows are trying to avoid a 5 year coach who ultimately doesn't improve the side but gives glimmers of hope with just missing finals or bowing out in week one of the finals, year after year.

Hardwick might deliver a premiership next year and the 6 seasons are vindicated. Or he misses the finals and Richmond are back where they were before he started and they are probably going to look elsewhere.

It's a tough gig no doubt about it.

Comparing any club that has aspirations of achieving the ultimate success with Richmond is fraught with danger. :D

Adelaide say they have made this move to win a premiership. Time will tell if they were right or rooo roooo wrong. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:49 pm

It has been widely reported that Sanderson lost the support of a group of leading players including Patrick Dangerfield, Rory Sloane and Taylor Walker.

Ricciuto hinted that this was true.

“Basically we spoke to all the key people that you need to speak to, that the coach has got to have relationships (with) if it’s going to be a successful football club.

“Players were one of those groups and obviously formed part of the reason why he’s not there from next year onwards.”

http://indaily.com.au/sport/2014/09/18/ ... on-sacked/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:53 pm

I think it will be a mistake to appoint anyone that has been associated with the club in any way.

Find someone that isn't in any comfort zone.

Someone that doesn't have buddies here and will chop a list when required.

Play on.

A difficult time for any club.

All the best in the future Sando.
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Chapman on Triple M just now

"We are an honorable club" bwahaha
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Roo rings Goody last night to see if he is interested

How would you like to coach the Crows next season?
Arrrg, let me think about it.
What? This is the Crows, your chance to coach in the Bigs!
Let me get back to you I gotta guy on the other line about some Whitewalls.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Pag wrote:
Hondo wrote:I wonder where Sloane fits into all this. He has become a very important player but not being mentioned in the group that reportedly went to the Board with complaints.

Reported as being Tex, Danger, Brad and Matt Crouch and now I forget the 5th :oops:

Was Walker, Douglas, Dangerfield and the Crouch brothers.

Wasn't Matt Crouch only drafted 12 months ago? Your club really is battling for leadership if you're letting nineteen year-olds with five or six senior games dictate major decisions.

If that is true, then I would have sacked Matt Crouch on the spot too.
All hell may have broken loose, but would have been better for the club in the long run.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby hottie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:54 pm

When Sanderson got the job from what I understood later that the crows were originally very keen on Scott Burns but he wasn't keen and his presentation to the club wasn't great, Sanderson had the offer to coach the Western Bulldogs but the Crows made the decision after the Burns presentation to offer him the job.
hottie
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Players getting involved eh?

Bring him back.................
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby the joker » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:14 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
Pag wrote:
Hondo wrote:I wonder where Sloane fits into all this. He has become a very important player but not being mentioned in the group that reportedly went to the Board with complaints.

Reported as being Tex, Danger, Brad and Matt Crouch and now I forget the 5th :oops:

Wasn't Matt Crouch only drafted 12 months ago? Your club really is battling for leadership if you're letting nineteen year-olds with five or six senior games dictate major decisions.

All hell may have broken loose, but would have been better for the club in the long run.
yeah sack a first year player that backed up his brother and the leaders
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby the joker » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:14 pm

the joker wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:
Pag wrote:

yeah sack a first year player that backed up his brother and the leaders
if you didn't get it that was sarcastic
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Interesting isn't it, Roo boy has been on the board for 5 mins (figuratively speaking) and he has had a major say in the appointment of the new CEO, been involved heavily in the sacking of Sanderson so look out Rob, it's your job he wants now. Seriously Roo stick to radio cos your average at that too.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Couldn't agree more if it wasn't for who was he wouldn't even be doing radio. Has a shocking voice. You know what they say

He has a good head for Radio and a good voice for Newpaper's. Enough said and yes he is a flog!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Q. » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 pm

FFS leave Scott Burns for us when we give Bucks the chop
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby smac » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 pm

How long before the Crows regret handing the keys to roo? Gone dizzy with the power they've given him!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 pm

smac wrote:How long before the Crows regret handing the keys to roo? Gone dizzy with the power they've given him!

Speaking of the Power, they must be loving this, they get to prepare for a Prelim with the media hanging around West Lakes and absolutely no pressure on them. Kenny would have rung Sando last night and said 'thanks champ' by the way I'll be in touch soon. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 pm

bennymacca wrote:http://titusoreily.com/last-nights-phone-call-mark-ricciuto-simon-goodwin/

That's GOLD but unfortunately probably close to the truth. Interesting listening to Dangerfield, seems he's been well drilled on what to say as well. They're all singing from the same prayer book. Watch out in 2015 for the Adelaide 'Alma Hotel' footy club. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby TEX07 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:29 am

Yank Man wrote:
bennymacca wrote:http://titusoreily.com/last-nights-phone-call-mark-ricciuto-simon-goodwin/

That's GOLD but unfortunately probably close to the truth. Interesting listening to Dangerfield, seems he's been well drilled on what to say as well. They're all singing from the same prayer book. Watch out in 2015 for the Adelaide 'Alma Hotel' footy club. :D

Could be wrong but when I saw the Dangerfield interview last night on the Footy Show - I think that in their exit interviews the players mentioned did bag the coach,but, I dont think that they expected him to get sacked from it - he kind of looked like a guilty kid IMO, not their intention but it is what has caused it - I think this shows that this was inevitable and the board were waiting on the players to make them look as though it was their call. The boys in the Alma - probably bagged Sando during the year too with Roo and he has taken this and ran with it. Saw Sandos interview and he looks all the more professional for it - I hope for his sake he gets a gig somewhere and makes us second guess the decision.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Feenix » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 am

TEX07 wrote:
Could be wrong but when I saw the Dangerfield interview last night on the Footy Show - I think that in their exit interviews the players mentioned did bag the coach,but, I dont think that they expected him to get sacked from it - he kind of looked like a guilty kid IMO, not their intention but it is what has caused it - I think this shows that this was inevitable and the board were waiting on the players to make them look as though it was their call. The boys in the Alma - probably bagged Sando during the year too with Roo and he has taken this and ran with it. Saw Sandos interview and he looks all the more professional for it - I hope for his sake he gets a gig somewhere and makes us second guess the decision.

I would say you're on the money there.

Sando will get picked up as an assistant somewhere for sure,
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:18 am

Maybe their comments forced the board the dig a little further and what they found was a common concern through out the football club.

Best you move on the cause of that quickly before you descend into a debacle.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL