HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:47 pm

StickyFingers wrote:The finals don’t count for points and everyone has always understood this

This is not documented anywhere that can be found. Seems everyone MISunderstood this, or a major stuff up occurred when they half-arsed the rule.

Echunga have secured their spot in Central for 2015 so we should not even be discussing them anymore.

The debate should be if Bridgewater deserve to go down or if the division should be expanded to accommodate them.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Legs Man » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 pm

has been wrote:Legs man absolutely love your passion for your club but even your president the honorable Mr Pocock has agreed with the HFL president that at the start of the year EVERY club supported the by laws that have put Echunga in this situation. The season is the 18 Home and away games and the fact it does not state that means nothing in your grasping at straws scenario re finals being included to accumulate points. The reason the HFL adopts this rule is to try to stop exactly what has happened this year. It is as proven easy to buy a flag as you guys did. There will be only one team that goes down if that happens and that is Echunga. Most clubs will vote as per the by law. I know for a fact Nairne are not ready next year to come up so that will be 2016 and by then 1 or 2 mergers will have happened. That is why it makes sense next year for the 11 team central playing 20 minor round games with no spare weekends and then everybody plays everyone twice and the season is the same length and everyone gets 2 weeks off. - really simple and I think you will find that is what happens. Good for all.

We were smart enough to follow Uraidla's model - and if you call that buying a flag then so be it.
As i have previously stated - we had 3 inclusions to last years Country premiership side and 2 juniors (17 & 16)
All Central div clubs pay some players - some more than others - and no one really knows exactly who and how much.
Echunga have been very strategic with this and invested in the right players to suit our side which has paid off in spades.
Thankfully the club presented a great option to play with and reinforced what we are about - winning at the highest level while building a great club for all.
Remember there was no Luke Wilson, Henke or McClure in the winning side - who would all play in any other Central sides starting 18.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Went past the Echunga pub tonight and the boys are still going strong, one still in his full kit from Saturday boots, tape and all! :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby cracka » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Legs Man wrote:After today's story in the Sunday Mail the football public are now aware of the HFL debacle.
Will be interesting times ahead.

That article came about because of the debate on here.

Triple M now all over it as well.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby jumbo20 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 pm

So what is being said, and more importantly where will it all head?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby always there » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:54 pm

jumbo20 wrote:So what is being said, and more importantly where will it all head?

Echunga president on the radio being interviewed I hope they give they hills league right of reply.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 pm

always there wrote:
jumbo20 wrote:So what is being said, and more importantly where will it all head?

Echunga president on the radio being interviewed I hope they give they hills league right of reply.

Greater potential for the HFL to shoot themselves in the foot if they do reply. Risk v opportunity
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 pm

This is now a bigger issue than the HFL would have expected with the coverage it is receiving.

At least it may bring forward a quicker outcome than last year which is in the best interest of all parties.

There are 2 options now:
Look like we are a progressive and forward thinking competition prepared to institute change
OR
Become the laughing stock of Australian Rules Football

I guess it is now in the hands of the HFL and the clubs to formulate an appropriate decision.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby always there » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Which is why echunga have gone to the media, pulling out all stops, and who would blame them. But I reckon the interest will die off.
always there
Rookie

Postby jumbo20 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:41 pm

So I guess if we are using the rationale of other comps and SAAFL its goodbye Hahndorf
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby always there » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Legs Man wrote:
There are 2 options now:
Look like we are a progressive and forward thinking competition prepared to institute change
OR
Become the laughing stock of Australian Rules Football .

Third option they could stand up to being bullied by clubs......
always there
Rookie

Postby The Gimp » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Legs Man wrote:We were smart enough to follow Uraidla's model - and if you call that buying a flag then so be it.
As i have previously stated - we had 3 inclusions to last years Country premiership side and 2 juniors (17 & 16)
All Central div clubs pay some players - some more than others - and no one really knows exactly who and how much.
Echunga have been very strategic with this and invested in the right players to suit our side which has paid off in spades.
Thankfully the club presented a great option to play with and reinforced what we are about - winning at the highest level while building a great club for all.
Remember there was no Luke Wilson, Henke or McClure in the winning side - who would all play in any other Central sides starting 18.

Wy do you keep saying this?? The side you had in Central Div was totally different to the one you had in the Country div last year (only 10 players played both).
Surely Echunga were smart enough to know that it didn't matter how much money you threw at the A grade, you had to make sure your whole club was competitive.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby chopper7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:38 am

Legs man I think we can all count there that there has been more than 2 inclusions like you keep saying. Team full off $$$ there on the right
Attachments
image.jpg
On the left is Echungas 2013 GF side and on the right is their 2014 side.
image.jpg (90.38 KiB) Viewed 763 times
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby no1rangler » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:02 am

Hope the HFL do get an opportunity to voice their thoughts on the Echunga relegation process now that its some how found its way to the media..

Confident Echunga knew what was required at the beginning of the year to ensure they held their position in div 1 for 2015.

When were the mortgage shields awarded.....??

Wonder if luke carey got paid twice after playing in the B grade against Bridgewater .........but know evidently finals points count toward club shield???
no1rangler
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Armytank » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:08 am

Why do people still think that relegation is based on the Mortgage Choice Shields?

IT IS NOT!!!!
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby no1rangler » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:29 am

How did Mt lofty end up in Div 2 AT?
no1rangler
Mini-League

Postby Armytank » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:32 am

Because they finished bottom of a completely different points system to the Mortgage Choice Shield. It has nothing to do with the Mortgage Choice Shield.

Look back through LGIL's posts mate, he is across how the points system works.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby Armytank » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:43 am

The Mortgage Choice Shield is a similar award to the SANFL's Stanley H. Lewis Trophy. It is an award for the club performance over the minor round. It is simply an award that the League gives out, similar to the Mail Medal and Leading Goal Kicker.

The Relegation points system is a by-law written in the constitution of the HFL, and as LGIL has pointed out, it does not specify which games count other than to say "at the end of the season" (or words to that effect).
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby no1rangler » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks Tanka.

Why did Echunga opt for one of their best players to play B grade vs bridgewater in one of the last minor round games?
no1rangler
Mini-League

Postby Armytank » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:59 am

Only Echunga can answer that
Armytank
Under 18s