Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: Crows 2014

Postby stan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 am

bennymacca wrote:
MW wrote:
stan wrote:
MW wrote:I have no problem with what Roo said. If it's ok for the player to not committ (even if it's just verbally in the media) then why not the club.

Because the club is trying to convince the said player to stay. Its not a onr size fits all rule.

I have not heard the quote from Roo, but from reports it was not a blanket "we are considering trading Dangerfield" he just did not committ to not trading him. Crows would be stupid not to look at offers.

i heard it this arvo, he basically said he would never say never with regards to trading anyone, but he wants to create an environment where players want to stay.

seemed fair enough to me tbh, blown out of proportion

He probably should have rules it out. He is a board member now, what he says on the radio may not be taken as just his opinion anymore.
Last edited by stan on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:42 am

bennymacca wrote:haha danger very drunk at the brownlow. dont think he expected to be so close

acted like an idiot all night...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:22 am

bennymacca wrote:haha danger very drunk at the brownlow. dont think he expected to be so close

Really? I don't think he looked drunk, he's always a bit of a joker/clown.

My lad and I were on Dyson Heppell and big Jono Brown in the early stages for the pissed up award, a couple stormed home late. Paul Stewart from Port and Alex Rance from Richmond both looked to be putting in admirable efforts.

Josh Kennedy and Daniel Giansiracusa the winners at home time. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7486 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:24 am

Booney wrote:

My lad and I were on Dyson Heppell and big Jono Brown in the early stages for the pissed up award, a couple stormed home late. Paul Stewart from Port and Alex Rance from Richmond both looked to be putting in admirable efforts.

Seemed to slur his words a bit at the end
bennymacca
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

Seemed to slur his words a bit at the end

Anyone would if they're virtually abstinent for 10 months of the year haha!

Agree with Boon- seems like a jovial sort of character.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:24 am

dont think anyone did to be honest
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 am

So for the crows fans out there.

Seems like Melbourne have offered picks 2 and 3 for danger. Assuming it gets to the point where danger says yes, which I don't think he will, but assuming he does - what do we think about it?

To me this would be a super tempting offer. If the crows could replace him with two pacy skilful young midfielders it would change the makeup of the side a LOT and I think would give us that midfield balance we were lacking. Would leave sloane and the crouch brothers to do the heavy lifting and then if we could get some young mids who can use the ball well I don't think we would lose out that much.

As much as I love danger I think that would be a win win.

Best case scenario is he stays with the crows and wins a brownlow next year though.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 am

bennymacca wrote:So for the crows fans out there.

Seems like Melbourne have offered picks 2 and 3 for danger. Assuming it gets to the point where danger says yes, which I don't think he will, but assuming he does - what do we think about it?

To me this would be a super tempting offer. If the crows could replace him with two pacy skilful young midfielders it would change the makeup of the side a LOT and I think would give us that midfield balance we were lacking. Would leave sloane and the crouch brothers to do the heavy lifting and then if we could get some young mids who can use the ball well I don't think we would lose out that much.

As much as I love danger I think that would be a win win.

Best case scenario is he stays with the crows and wins a brownlow next year though.

is that really the best case scenario???

he either commits now or take a very tempting offer. I'd rather him play at melbourne then the Hawks or Geelong which there is a very big possibility after his contract expires.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 am

Given everyone is enquiring about him this year, if he wanted to move, why wait another year? He will get just as much money this year as next to be coaxed away from the crows. No need to get to be a free agent to pump up his value, he would already be in the top 5 earners on the market if he left.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

bennymacca wrote:Given everyone is enquiring about him this year, if he wanted to move, why wait another year? He will get just as much money this year as next to be coaxed away from the crows. No need to get to be a free agent to pump up his value, he would already be in the top 5 earners on the market if he left.

No way would I give up Dangerfield for picks alone. Ready made player with several years experience. Big risk to start again with a couple of kids who may turn out be the next Watts or Scully. Id be taking a first round low pick plus a decent player. Perhaps get into Carlton and take Gibbs plus their first rounder which is pick 7 or 8 or something along those lines
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Fricky » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:14 am

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Given everyone is enquiring about him this year, if he wanted to move, why wait another year? He will get just as much money this year as next to be coaxed away from the crows. No need to get to be a free agent to pump up his value, he would already be in the top 5 earners on the market if he left.

No way would I give up Dangerfield for picks alone. Ready made player with several years experience. Big risk to start again with a couple of kids who may turn out be the next Watts or Scully. Id be taking a first round low pick plus a decent player. Perhaps get into Carlton and take Gibbs plus their first rounder which is pick 7 or 8 or something along those lines

Due to Danger wanting to be at a successful club, these clubs wont be able to offer up what the Crows want. I agree that the Crows will want a first round pick and a ready made player. If Brisbane arent going to offer a ready made player for Beams, there's no way these successful clubs are going to offer a ready made player for Danger.

Clubs will just be in Danger's ear over this trade period and throughout next season hoping he leaves the Crows under free agency and they wont have to trade for him.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Hondo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:15 am

I still struggle to believe that Melbourne would give up picks 2 and 3 for Dangerfield alone. By the sounds this sounds in reality like Frawley plus pick 2 for Dangerfield. Surely another club would get involved in the trade so that the Crows don't get 2 and 3 and the Demons get something else back for the those picks.

If we could get 2 and 3 for Dangerfield I would take it without thinking. You could set up a strong era in 5 years time with that kind of elite talent.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:24 am

Hondo wrote:I still struggle to believe that Melbourne would give up picks 2 and 3 for Dangerfield alone. By the sounds this sounds in reality like Frawley plus pick 2 for Dangerfield. Surely another club would get involved in the trade so that the Crows don't get 2 and 3 and the Demons get something else back for the those picks.

If we could get 2 and 3 for Dangerfield I would take it without thinking. You could set up a strong era in 5 years time with that kind of elite talent.

It's a fair point. With Adelaide as they are, right now, you would think they are 3-5 years from a real tilt at it.

By then Thompson is gone, Podsiadly is gone, Betts is 30+ and none of them are there for that assault. Get the best you can for a bloke if his intentions are to leave.

Adelaide chiefs must put the heat on Dangerfield and demand an answer ASAP. You staying or not? If not, where do you want to go?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7486 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:24 am

Hondo wrote:I still struggle to believe that Melbourne would give up picks 2 and 3 for Dangerfield alone. By the sounds this sounds in reality like Frawley plus pick 2 for Dangerfield. Surely another club would get involved in the trade so that the Crows don't get 2 and 3 and the Demons get something else back for the those picks.

No guarantee they will be elite. Plenty of top picks are duds plus if you recruit interstate guys you will find yourselves in a similar situation to what you have now with regards to guys wanting to go home
Jim05
Coach

Postby Hondo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am

Jim05 wrote:No guarantee they will be elite. Plenty of top picks are duds plus if you recruit interstate guys you will find yourselves in a similar situation to what you have now with regards to guys wanting to go home

There's no guarantee of course but look at the top 3 picks from 2007 to 2011

2011: Patton, Coniglio, Dyson
2010: Swallow, Bennell, Day
2009: Scully, Trengove, D Martin
2008: Watts, Naita, Hill
2007: Kruezer, Cotchin, Masten

Not everyone has worked out but I don't think you could say of that list "plenty are duds". Overall the quality is there and hypothetically Adelaide would take say Coniglio and Dyson for Dangerfield.
Last edited by Hondo on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hondo
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 am

Jim05 wrote:

No guarantee they will be elite. Plenty of top picks are duds plus if you recruit interstate guys you will find yourselves in a similar situation to what you have now with regards to guys wanting to go home

Agree with you Jim a massive risk to take. Realy the crows problem his season was that the next tier of players did not stand up. Too much left for too few. To get back into finals contention the crows need at least a pacy mid with good skills and a key defender. Also guys like Matt Crouch, Grigg and Kerridge need to come on more. But if Danger ia going to leave, well you probably wont get a better deal than that.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Hondo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:40 am

stan wrote:But if Danger ia going to leave, well you probably wont get a better deal than that.

It's too good to be true IMO. Even Chris Judd in 2008 in his prime and arguably the second best player in the comp (plus club captain, premiership player and Brownlow medalist) only commanded pick 3 plus Josh Kennedy. Plus the Eagles had to give up a late draft pick to sweeten the deal.

Are we saying Dangerfield 2014 is >> Judd 2008?
Hondo
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:42 am

Hondo wrote:
stan wrote:But if Danger ia going to leave, well you probably wont get a better deal than that.

It's too good to be true IMO. Even Chris Judd in 2008 in his prime and arguably the second best player in the comp (plus club captain, premiership player and Brownlow medalist) only commanded pick 3 plus Josh Kennedy. Plus the Eagles had to give up a late draft pick to sweeten the deal.

not even close
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 am

Hondo wrote:

Times have changed. The advent of FA has seriously inflated player values.
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL