HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Legsman - for the sake of everyone. Go off somewhere and write a book! Your stories are getting more boring by the moment.

Reckon McGahey will be a good choice for Onkas.
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:58 pm

MONTE CRISTO wrote:Legsman - for the sake of everyone. Go off somewhere and write a book! Your stories are getting more boring by the moment.

Don't like it - simple - :? don't read it!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby always there » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Legs Man wrote:
MONTE CRISTO wrote:Legsman - for the sake of everyone. Go off somewhere and write a book! Your stories are getting more boring by the moment.

Over it already, can't help but read it you repeat yourself a lot. Yes you won a premiership, yes you are fighting to stay in central and yes you have bagged the hfl enough. All you will succeed in doing now is making echunga the most disliked club in the hfl. Let's wait till there is something new to report on the subject.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby chopper7 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:47 pm

always there wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Over it already, can't help but read it you repeat yourself a lot. Yes you won a premiership, yes you are fighting to stay in central and yes you have bagged the hfl enough. All you will succeed in doing now is making echunga the most disliked club in the hfl. Let's wait till there is something new to report on the subject.

I hate Echunga simply from reading whatever Legs man dribbles on here. Maybe you should preach what you say and put money into developing juniors at the club.

I agree that Magoo would be good for Onkas, knowing him I reckon they will be in for a hell of a pre season. I'm still not sold on the idea of him playing though. Best of luck to the doggies.
Mt Barker going to be where my interest lies. 2 coaches in 6 years I think with finals in each of them but correct me if I'm wrong only 2 flags was it?
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby On The Chest » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 pm

On The Chest wrote:
On The Chest wrote:Would be good to see Echunga win. Anything can happen in finals. Although, if they do win I'm predicting we will have a summer of comments about relegation and promotion again.Mt. Lofty got relegated and wins the country GF. Echunga got promoted and win the central GF and then get relegated again. Oh well.
Good luck to all teams playing today.

Well, I'm glad I got one prediction right this year. Didn't take long at all.

6 pages and 9 days later. Still going. Anything else happening in the hills at this time of year? :D
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: HFL Central Diviss

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 pm

chopper7 wrote:
always there wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

I hate Echunga simply from reading whatever Legs man dribbles on here. Maybe you should preach what you say and put money into developing juniors at the club.

How are Echunga not trying to develop their Juniors would be a great place to start. It is great to throw stones but do you have any basis for your criticism beyond results? Have you taken into account population, neighbouring clubs, strength of competing codes, improvements over past few years?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:59 pm

On The Chest wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
On The Chest wrote:Would be good to see Echunga win. Anything can happen in finals. Although, if they do win I'm predicting we will have a summer of comments about relegation and promotion again.Mt. Lofty got relegated and wins the country GF. Echunga got promoted and win the central GF and then get relegated again. Oh well.

6 pages and 9 days later. Still going. Anything else happening in the hills at this time of year? :D

Perhaps review the forum one year past to see how long this lasted last time
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Legs Man wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Would be a pretty hollow victory not playing against the best in the competition for Central clubs.

Lofty could argue that also this year, they took their medicine as a club in 2014 and will no doubt be stronger going back up in 2015, maybe Echunga should do the same?

No comparison with Mt Lofty as they were bottom across the club.

There is no "suck it up" as Echunga are the reigning premier of Hills Footy.

But if they stayed up in Central this year who is to say they would not have been Premiers?

Whats to say Echunga are not in the same position this time next year, a successful A grade but other grades struggling. HFL obviously value clubs with depth across the grade over A grade success.

Not saying that is right or that EFC don;t deserve to stay up, just my take from the outside looking in.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby On The Chest » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
On The Chest wrote:

Perhaps review the forum one year past to see how long this lasted last time

At a guess, we only have about 51 pages and 127 days to go.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 pm

chopper7 wrote:
always there wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

I agree that Magoo would be good for Onkas, knowing him I reckon they will be in for a hell of a pre season. I'm still not sold on the idea of him playing though. Best of luck to the doggies.
Mt Barker going to be where my interest lies. 2 coaches in 6 years I think with finals in each of them but correct me if I'm wrong only 2 flags was it?

We have been developing our juniors to a point where we have more junior sides than some of the other central clubs.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Legs Man » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Apologies if my banter has been too much - it is a situation that I am naturally very passionate about as it is the future of our club and the league as a whole.
As I am sure anyone else on this board would also be presented with the same situation.
The club is bigger than the individual and i will leave it at that.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby Sniper » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Legs Man wrote:Apologies if my banter has been too much - it is a situation that I am naturally very passionate about as it is the future of our club and the league as a whole.
As I am sure anyone else on this board would also be presented with the same situation.

Ok, now that Legs has left the forum, let's get back onto the coaches ...

Amateur Footy queried the other day if Jarman was going around again ... Humble Qourier qouted prior to finals he was coaching Ironbank in 2015 but has something changed ?

McGoo to Onkas .... Would have plenty of recruit contacts and a few clubs may need to keep on eye on their prize roosters ?

Sutherland will be going around again at Uraidla with a renowned fire in the belly after being outcoached in the 2014 GF.

Does Bassini's success at Echunga bring better offers from elsewhere ? (Will take this opportunity to acknowledge his 2014 coaching feats). What is the next step for a successful HFL coach ?

Also Mt Barker only 1 flag in the past 6 years (2012). Noticed many old retirees made a comeback to make up the numbers for their B grade in 2014. Is this a sign that there is a culture issue at the club ?
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby shake'n'bake » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 am

Yellow & Black wrote:You know what I think would be bloody good for the comp? A reduction in points allocation. Scale points as follows based on A Grade finishing order:

Grand Finalists: 3pts
3rd-5th: 5pts
6th-10th: 8pts

This might give every club their time in the sun. Most clubs are currently hell bent on getting caught up in bidding wars for overpaid mercenaries. These $$'s should be pumped back into club junior programs and facilities. I read the local rag on Yorke Peninsula this week which revealed total points clubs had used through the year. Would be an interesting read to expose HFL teams... I think it'd reveal some interesting results.

Completely disagree! Not only would the level of competition fall, but the money spent would not be less. It would just create a power shift further to zero point locals asking for even more money as their value would dramatically increase.

I don't see how anyone could honestly argue against the impact the points system has had on making the comp more even. Almost every club except for Bridgewater has played finals football since it has been established. The only issue with it, which has been flogged to death by now is the extra points that get awarded.
shake'n'bake
Rookie

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:30 am

Has Steve Samuels moved on from Mt Barker??? or was he pushed??
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 am

Sniper wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Apologies if my banter has been too much - it is a situation that I am naturally very passionate about as it is the future of our club and the league as a whole.

Amateur Footy queried the other day if Jarman was going around again ... Humble Qourier qouted prior to finals he was coaching Ironbank in 2015 but has something changed ?

McGoo to Onkas .... Would have plenty of recruit contacts and a few clubs may need to keep on eye on their prize roosters ?

Sutherland will be going around again at Uraidla with a renowned fire in the belly after being outcoached in the 2014 GF.

Does Bassini's success at Echunga bring better offers from elsewhere ? (Will take this opportunity to acknowledge his 2014 coaching feats). What is the next step for a successful HFL coach ?

Also Mt Barker only 1 flag in the past 6 years (2012). Noticed many old retirees made a comeback to make up the numbers for their B grade in 2014. Is this a sign that there is a culture issue at the club ?

I didn't query if Jarman was going around again.. I know he is.

And McGoo is a quality coaching pick up for Onkas. Untested as an A grade coach but some blokes you can tell will be terrific, so long as they have the cattle.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby magpiemaster » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:
Sniper wrote:

I didn't query if Jarman was going around again.. I know he is.

And McGoo is a quality coaching pick up for Onkas. Untested as an A grade coach but some blokes you can tell will be terrific, so long as they have the cattle.

Magoo to another club in the hills? Not surprised at all. Thought Massie was there to coach? Didn't have any impact as a player, hope Onkas get some value for their $$
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby supercoach » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:25 am

Hi legsman. Was chatting to one of your so called superstars yesterday. Guess what - hasnt been paid yet for 2014 !!! Made a suggestion the money has run out or the backer did not have in the first place. Interesting hey !!! Absolutely sure my mail 100% correct. Now what where you saying about relegation ?
supercoach
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby cracka » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:41 am

chopper7 wrote:Not a chance the HFL will drop the interleague game Legsman especially after the success in drew this year. We will still have the bye for the Country Champs, which the hills have no say in because it is inforced by the community football league. An 11 team comp will bring in two extra byes and will drag the season out to long.

Are you sure games cant be played on the country champs weekend. Our country div play that weekend (every year) & so do Southern league who had players representing the southern zone.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Champ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:03 am

supercoach wrote:Hi legsman. Was chatting to one of your so called superstars yesterday. Guess what - hasnt been paid yet for 2014 !!! Made a suggestion the money has run out or the backer did not have in the first place. Interesting hey !!! Absolutely sure my mail 100% correct. Now what where you saying about relegation ?

Hahahahaha baaaaaaaahahahahahaha nice try you idiot!
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Mister Footy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:50 pm

overthehill wrote:Ryan McGahey to coach Onkas in 2015.... Can't say i saw that one coming!

Can anyone confirm if Steve Wallace is staying around at Onkas in some role - talk on SFL thread he may be heading back our way to coach at Happy Valley?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy