Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Bully wrote:did ambrose return early because reigns got suddenly injured

loving the ambrose/cena/seth bit . Start of RAW was good

Yes Ambrose returned a day earlier than scheduled from filming his movie. Everything that Ambrose is involved in at the moment is great. He's carrying this program right now, not Cena or Rollins. Let's make no mistake about it.
Last edited by Blackwhite on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Pup » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:29 pm

No he was always scheduled to return on the monday so he returned one day earlier to be there for NOC.

His movie had finished.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Bully » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Blackwhite wrote:

Yes Ambrose returned a day earlier than scheduled from filming his movie. Everything that Ambrose is involved in at the moment is great. He's carrying this program right now, not Cena or Rollins. Let's make no mistake about it.

Seth is helping some what but yes ambrose is the golden boy right now
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Mic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Nothing was achieved by the Rock's appearance, apart from maybe a small ratings spike. He made look Rusov look ordinary, even before Cena gets to him. He also made the rest of the roster look ordinary, reminding audiences how much more charismatic he is than any other current WWE talent.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Bully » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Awesome bit between HHH v The ROCK bit that was on smackdown

Hints of HHH v The rock for next mania :D !
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Bully wrote:Awesome bit between HHH v The ROCK bit that was on smackdown

Those 2 had an awesome rivalry. One of my fave matches is wih those two. Can't remember the ppv but they had an hour long iron man match. It was awesome
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Mic wrote:Nothing was achieved by the Rock's appearance, apart from maybe a small ratings spike. He made look Rusov look ordinary, even before Cena gets to him. He also made the rest of the roster look ordinary, reminding audiences how much more charismatic he is than any other current WWE talent.

Nothing was achieved from his appearance other than it being the best segment of the night. Surely you can't complain with that. I don't think he made Rusev look ordinary, its not like Rocky hit any of his signature moves on him.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:03 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Those 2 had an awesome rivalry. One of my fave matches is wih those two. Can't remember the ppv but they had an hour long iron man match. It was awesome

Judgement Day 2000. Just rewatched that match a few weeks ago and it was great. Having said that, there are many more opponents I would rather see The Rock face at WM31 than HHH.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Bully » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Judgement Day 2000. Just rewatched that match a few weeks ago and it was great. Having said that, there are many more opponents I would rather see The Rock face at WM31 than HHH.

can you name them. Current active stars ?
Bully
Coach

Postby Mic » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:32 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Mic wrote:Nothing was achieved by the Rock's appearance, apart from maybe a small ratings spike. He made look Rusov look ordinary, even before Cena gets to him. He also made the rest of the roster look ordinary, reminding audiences how much more charismatic he is than any other current WWE talent.

Nothing was achieved from his appearance other than it being the best segment of the night. Surely you can't complain with that. I don't think he made Rusev look ordinary, its not like Rocky hit any of his signature moves on him.

Best segment of a very average show. Rusev has been built as a monster; how was his push enhanced by the Rock?
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Mic wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Best segment of a very average show. Rusev has been built as a monster; how was his push enhanced by the Rock?

Well the Rock is a main eventer so any program you are involved with him unless you get totally buried should help. Having said that Dwaynes interests are for that of his own career these days.

I would love to see a segment in the near future where BO interrupts the Rock. That would be piss funny. :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 pm

The fact they put rusev in the ring with Rock is a push!!! Awesome segment
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:58 am

Would have been an awesome segment if Rusev cheap-shotted and beat up the Rock at the end.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:04 am

Bully wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

can you name them. Current active stars ?

Really I wouldn't mind seeing Rock having a program with anyone other than HHH and Cena. Brock (not for the chamoionship though), Reigns and Bryan would be my top choices but if the right build up was there I would be happy with lots of other choices.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:29 am

I would have thought Rock and Seth would make sense to help elevate Rollins brand and would allow for him to have all the extra corporate heel elements working against him. Not sure he would be willing to do Mania match unless it was a true legend he was facing as in H3. Cena has been done and surely they won't have two part timers working the Mania main ruling Brock out. Bryan would be awesome but again I can't see the Rock working heel .

One match I could see is Rock v Taker and there has to be some chance of taker v Brock 2 so Taker could go out a winner.

Daring to dream I would love to see Bryan come back at Rumble to challenge Brock and Taker costing Lesnar the title and setting up a solid two month build up for their match.

Mania is 6 months away and there is a lot of different directions they could take but the dynamics of the card make up will be vastly better if it includes a lot of blokes who don't currently work full time ; Bryan, Punk, a fit Taker, H3 and Brock + Rocky.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

The match where the Undertaker returned as the badass! Cost the Rock the title when Michaels DQ the rock after Taker chokelsammed HHH once time expired.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:11 am

Anyone see the rock and hhh promo backstage on Smackdown???? Hilarious... Great stuff.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:47 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Anyone see the rock and hhh promo backstage on Smackdown???? Hilarious... Great stuff.

Yeah I gotta say that was one of the more funny things they have done on the show. Unfortunately there's just no one around on the current roster that holds a candle to the Rock. Also the bit they showed with Stone Cold and Booker from years ago is also a cracker. "Price check on a jackass!"
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Cena would be the closest to the rock, but he is a long way off...
also hear Kurt Angle is seeking a part time contract with the wwe.
This question comes up every now and then, but does anyone think someone on the current roster would make it from the attitude era????
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10 am

woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports