River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby The Gimp » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Pag wrote:Fenton re-signed at Meningie.

So have Warmington and Liston.
Well done Bears, hopefully they can go back-to-back!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Monopoly Man » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:29 pm

The Gimp wrote:

Is this the same Meningie that has reportedly lost their top 4 players yet re-signed their top 1, 2 and 3. The rest of the comp may as well give up now. Meningie will get 18 points and spend over $200k again.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby P.B » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:
The Gimp wrote:

Is this the same Meningie that has reportedly lost their top 4 players yet re-signed their top 1, 2 and 3. The rest of the comp may as well give up now. Meningie will get 18 points and spend over $200k again.

All of them are a waste of talent. Very hard to see anyone even challenging them next year if all of this is true.
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby The.big.dawg » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:12 pm

If meningie have signed the big 3 again and keep everyone else, I can't see teams getting close again.. As early as it is
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Few sour grapes on here, Ever thought that the people of Meningie and the way the footy club is run, the environment the whole club has built may have something to do with retaining these quality players? No doubt they are all paid but there's a lot more money out there than what they're all on.
Heard today though that the points are as follows. (Heard second hand though so don't quote me)

Jervois 15
Taliem 15
Mypo 13
Meningie 12
Mannum 12
Imps 9
Ramblers 7
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby The Dictator » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:31 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Few sour grapes on here, Ever thought that the people of Meningie and the way the footy club is run, the environment the whole club has built may have something to do with retaining these quality players? No doubt they are all paid but there's a lot more money out there than what they're all on.
Heard today though that the points are as follows. (Heard second hand though so don't quote me)

Jervois 15
Taliem 15
Mypo 13
Meningie 12
Mannum 12
Imps 9
Ramblers 7

Haha don't kid yourself Grasshopper. Money talks. bull$hit walks. What was the point situation last year? Looking at that Mannum and Mypo have been hard done by.
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Yeah and so does having a good environment that people enjoy being involved in, We haven't just recruited players like a lot of clubs in SA footy, we've recruited the person aswell. Something we've always managed to do reasonably well is hang onto our Recruits for multiple seasons. And regarding the points Meningie have dropped 6, so that's a fair cut and in regards to the others it was a pretty even comp and no one was that far off the mark. Well the top 5 weren't anyway. I think points systems are generally worked out on the results over past 3 seasons, so I was surprised to hear that we had dropped 6 after 1 good season. But I think that allocation mentioned above seems about right.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby GWW » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:14 pm

3 points difference between spooners and premiers.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby The Dictator » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:25 am

Bloody joke. Don't give us that travel BS either. Offering blokes 1500 a game is as good as it gets.
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:10 am

I'm just a supporter and your just a sour one from an opposing club Dic.
Agree taliem need more GWW as they're along way behind the pack. Problem for them though has been getting the players. I don't think they where using all there allocated points this year.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby The Dictator » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 am

Nothing sour. Just fact. You can paint anyway you like. You were gifted a flag.
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby P.B » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:38 am

The Dictator wrote:Nothing sour. Just fact. You can paint anyway you like. You were gifted a flag.

Bit exaggerated Dic. You can have all the points and $ in the world but you still need to be able to put it together. The thing it is alarming for me is that the last two years has seen Mannum and Meningie win a flag. But to do so over Imps and Ramblers they needed 18 points and whole load of cash. Shows how hard it is to compete with them and with Imps getting 9 points I think they will be back at the top.
P.B
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:51 am

The Dictator wrote:Nothing sour. Just fact. You can paint anyway you like. You were gifted a flag.

Shows how much you really know and took note of the comp, No one is ever gifted/given a flag. About as much substance is coming from you as what comes from Fidge on game day.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 am

Pretty sure Meningie had the same amount of pts in 2013 and all that 'gifted' them with was 2 wins.

A team could have 25 points but unless you get the right players and have the right people at the club it aint gonna work.

Meningies turnaround was remarkable but to drop them to 9 points for example would probably mean they would have to say goodbye to premiership players who are keen to stay on.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby biffboy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:42 pm

I think the points are a bit unfair on Tailem & Jervois this year, I reckon Tailem should have a couple more & Jervois maybe +1, I would almost go as far as to say we should have only 6 & Imps 7 but don't tell anyone I said that

Also Grassy, to say you have all these loyal recruits is surely a joke! You have had more players thru that club over the last 4 years than I have had home cooked meals. Just cos you have had a couple in the last a few seasons & now these 3 coming back does not mean you have a great culture. Sure its improving, but when the cash dries up then see how many of them hang around for some petrol money and a few beer vouchers.

And yes, Fidge is a loud mouth which he needs to curb but his assistant isn't a whole lot better BUT the bloke can coach. Remember that most people predicted we would finish outside the top 3 with the players we lost from last year & we made it to the final hurdle. Sure we got pumped, but it was by a team that was as good as any that I have watched in years
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Ramrod » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:59 pm

biffboy wrote:I think the points are a bit unfair on Tailem & Jervois this year, I reckon Tailem should have a couple more & Jervois maybe +1, I would almost go as far as to say we should have only 6 & Imps 7 but don't tell anyone I said that

Also Grassy, to say you have all these loyal recruits is surely a joke! You have had more players thru that club over the last 4 years than I have had home cooked meals. Just cos you have had a couple in the last a few seasons & now these 3 coming back does not mean you have a great culture. Sure its improving, but when the cash dries up then see how many of them hang around for some petrol money and a few beer vouchers.

And yes, Fidge is a loud mouth which he needs to curb but his assistant isn't a whole lot better BUT the bloke can coach. Remember that most people predicted we would finish outside the top 3 with the players we lost from last year & we made it to the final hurdle. Sure we got pumped, but it was by a team that was as good as any that I have watched in years

Ah Biffboy of Course you would say he's a good coach, he helped you win the B&F?? After watching a couple of your games this year i can only assume you payed him a bit more so he would give you some votes. I for one had you out of the 3, but i thought for one we would be stronger, Mannum Werent the same team as last year, Mypo could'nt beat the blind school in a big Game. Sums up you Poof Chooks you now are happy just making it, and mentioning oh we were outclassed. You maded it, Got Pumped, Who takes the blame?? Wouldn't be the Players. You are Pathetic.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby biffboy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Ramrod wrote:
biffboy wrote:I think the points are a bit unfair on Tailem & Jervois this year, I reckon Tailem should have a couple more & Jervois maybe +1, I would almost go as far as to say we should have only 6 & Imps 7 but don't tell anyone I said that

Ah Biffboy of Course you would say he's a good coach, he helped you win the B&F?? After watching a couple of your games this year i can only assume you payed him a bit more so he would give you some votes. I for one had you out of the 3, but i thought for one we would be stronger, Mannum Werent the same team as last year, Mypo could'nt beat the blind school in a big Game. Sums up you Poof Chooks you now are happy just making it, and mentioning oh we were outclassed. You maded it, Got Pumped, Who takes the blame?? Wouldn't be the Players. You are Pathetic.

Sorry to break it to you but I'm not who you think I am. And I agree that Liam didn't have the greatest year but no one really played consistent good football for us for a whole year. I believe he won on 84 votes or something where the last few winners have been on over 100 with a couple not far behind. It may also have something to do with Thommo & Sam spending half a year at the crows, but you wouldn't think of that now would you genius?

Oh, and the coach has no say in B&F at our club for what its worth
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Obviously not including the players that came through in the motlop experiment, only 1 still remaining who came with Moore anyway and that was stone. He will now be staying for his 3rd season, along with Brunoli, Arbon, Benbow, Rossi. These blokes could have quiet easily left when the times where tough but no they stuck it out and worked harder, and have now been rewarded after 5 yrs for that loyalty.

Keep chewing on them sour grapes and looking for excuses Biff. Heard your presentation night was full of surprises, firstly Liam winning and secondly your coach and others still bagging opposition teams, oh hang on that's not surprising at all is it.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Just heard whilst at the races today that Mannum have signed the Forward they had been lacking this year in Nick Wark. Can any of you Mannum lads confirm this?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby P.B » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:49 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Just heard whilst at the races today that Mannum have signed the Forward they had been lacking this year in Nick Wark. Can any of you Mannum lads confirm this?

Haha I wish! I think we signed a big lad from Seaton. Forget his name though :oops:

As for Ramblers. Fidge is a joke. Doesn't have the class to be at Ramblers ... oh wait :? what kind of a club doesn't let the coach vote in the best and fairest? that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. No wonder why an O'Neil won it, every punter there shares the same last name.
P.B
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy