Sanderson sacked

Talk on the national game

Re: Sanderson sacked

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:42 am

I'm assuming those rumours are rubbish, just as the other one I heard about illicit substances.

Trumours. Good one.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Coach Bombay » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:12 pm

have heard one about drugs, not sure if i believe it. normal people take drugs too so it doesnt really bother me if he did or didnt.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:have heard one about drugs, not sure if i believe it. normal people take drugs too so it doesnt really bother me if he did or didnt.

Normal people? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10779 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Booney wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:have heard one about drugs, not sure if i believe it. normal people take drugs too so it doesnt really bother me if he did or didnt.

lots normal fuctioning dudes have taken drugs in social situations - in small doses its not that bigger deal really
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:lots normal fuctioning dudes have taken drugs in social situations - in small doses its not that bigger deal really

Now we know The Sleeping Giants new user name.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1811 times

Postby RB » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm assuming those rumours are rubbish

I'm assuming they're true, because it's more fun that way.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 pm

RB wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I'm assuming those rumours are rubbish

I'm assuming they're true, because it's more fun that way.

There is that.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:53 am

Coach Bombay wrote:
Booney wrote:

lots normal fuctioning dudes have taken drugs in social situations - in small doses its not that bigger deal really

It is all in your background and perspective...

This exchange reminds me of a conversation I had in the 1980s with a lower level public servant in what was then Social Security, who was off work due to his impaired performance and trying to make it a WorkCover case, and told me he smoked Marijuana every day.

His comment was, "Everybody uses it. It is normal."
He looked genuinely astonished when I said there was no one I knew socially at the time who used it at all.

Later I got to know - on the fringe - a few Hells Angels who used "...the good stuff, not the Shit we sell!", but that is another story.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:58 am

shows how your social circle can shape your world view - if everybody you know smokes weed, then it is easy to extend that to everybody
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 am

i don't go near the stuff, but i have mates that might have a hit of something on the odd occasion, have a a cracker night and then not do it again for another 8 months.
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby dedja » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 am

Psyber wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:
Booney wrote:

It is all in your background and perspective...

This exchange reminds me of a conversation I had in the 1980s with a lower level public servant in what was then Social Security, who was off work due to his impaired performance and trying to make it a WorkCover case, and told me he smoked Marijuana every day.

His comment was, "Everybody uses it. It is normal."
He looked genuinely astonished when I said there was no one I knew socially at the time who used it at all.

Later I got to know - on the fringe - a few Hells Angels who used "...the good stuff, not the Shit we sell!", but that is another story.

Recreational drug users aren't discriminated by class or privilege * ... maybe the quality of the drugs, but not whether they're used or not.

* according to a mate of a mate
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:30 pm

am Bays wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:lots normal fuctioning dudes have taken drugs in social situations - in small doses its not that bigger deal really

Lance Armstrong functioned pretty well.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:39 pm

am Bays wrote:

Ouch!

hate that dude
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Mark Bickley OUT
Ryan O'Keefe & David Teague IN
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Ouch!

hate that dude

Hate? Pretty strong terminology there coach.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:51 pm

he was just a smarmy dick to me on here because of who i supported not what i posted.

the sought of character that would change his natural opinion just so he could disagree with you.

I don't have time for people like that
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:21 pm

I see Sando has come out of hiding and blamed the players. Hopefully this opens the flood gates and the club and players can speak openly now...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:52 pm

where can i read this?
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 pm

adelaidenow
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1849 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:43 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7774678548

MODERN-DAY coaching ­requires modern-day management skills.

On reflection, I made a number of errors at Adelaide, which ultimately cost me my job. It can happen very quickly if not properly identified and adjusted.

In 2012 we took the Crows from a seven-win season and 14th on the ladder to 17 wins and a heartbreaking pre­liminary final loss to even­tual ­premier Hawthorn the next year.

Two seasons later I was sacked after missing the finals by just one win, two years in succession. These are some of the mistakes I made.

1. I didn’t accept a variety of personalities within my staff and couldn’t learn how to get the best out of individuals by promoting two-way open communication. I didn’t listen as much as I should have. I did too much “telling”.

2. Crisis management. A coach must be able to pull a team together and ­allocate specific roles rather than ­attempt to control the situation. The harder it got, the more I tried to do more.

3. You have to learn how to have and deliver the hard conversations. Most importantly, learn how to do this consistently. There is a time to be blunt and clear, but you must always follow it up, preferably within the next 24 hours, and never use sarcasm as a means to get a message across.

4. I was always promoting myself as an “open door ­manager”, but this wasn’t consistent. In challenging times, I shut key people out.

5. Time management. I felt I was always time poor, but it was more likely I wasn’t organised to prioritise and delegate. I found it hard to say no to external obligations too, which I understand is part of the role, but I was reluctant to admit when I was struggling emotionally and physically. The senior coach must not allow himself to burn out.

6. I talked openly too often about finding and identifying the “right people” for certain roles within the club, which I know left certain staff feeling disillusioned.

7. I never really identified a key mentor I could trust to bounce ideas off and talk to when I needed help. When I lost Dean Bailey, I lost an ­important mentor.

8. I didn’t treat my players equally. I spent more time with those executing their roles ­effectively, while neglecting those who needed me most.

Players typically are hard to find when they know they are out of form or on the fringe, so I needed to chase them harder and make this a priority.

There are always 10 to 12 players who are going to play each week, then there are 10 to 12 players who know they aren’t going to play anytime soon.

It’s the 20 players in-­between, who are in and out of the side regularly that you need to spend most time on and with.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10779 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL