Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:01 pm

Snags wrote:
Pine Warmer wrote:Heard a little whisper that all uniteds recruits could be heading back to salisbury north

Solly & hood resigned befor season end I heard. And I know Ricky Thomas wants to go back to Salisbury north

Is that 'resigned' or 're-signed'?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Snags » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Snags wrote:
Pine Warmer wrote:Heard a little whisper that all uniteds recruits could be heading back to salisbury north

Solly & hood resigned befor season end I heard. And I know Ricky Thomas wants to go back to Salisbury north

Is that 'resigned' or 're-signed'?

Re-signed*
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Snags » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Rumour has it young Jamie good from mallala has been offered apprenticeships by 2 different clubs (Clare & eudunda) to come play for then.. Must be poaching young talent for the future
Snags
Under 16s

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:23 am

Snags wrote:Rumour has it young Jamie good from mallala has been offered apprenticeships by 2 different clubs (Clare & eudunda) to come play for then.. Must be poaching young talent for the future

Not a bad way to go, kids has to stay there for at least 3 years, by that time, he will be good mates with all the lads at whatever club it is, he wont want to leave.

So whilst its not good for Mallala, its a sensible recruiting drive, and to go with that, that club wouldn't have to fork out big $$$ on the footy side of things you would imagine.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Heard a couple of Hamleys big name recruits may be on the move after only a short stint in the APFL???
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:
Snags wrote:Rumour has it young Jamie good from mallala has been offered apprenticeships by 2 different clubs (Clare & eudunda) to come play for then.. Must be poaching young talent for the future

Not a bad way to go, kids has to stay there for at least 3 years, by that time, he will be good mates with all the lads at whatever club it is, he wont want to leave.

So whilst its not good for Mallala, its a sensible recruiting drive, and to go with that, that club wouldn't have to fork out big $$$ on the footy side of things you would imagine.

He would be points for those clubs though, yeah?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Heard a couple of Hamleys big name recruits may be on the move after only a short stint in the APFL???

Heard Dowdell, Stribling and Duncan had all met with WWT Eagles.
OnSong
Coach

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:19 pm

OnSong wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:

I dont think so, he played Senior Colts last year (with a handful of senior games) so he is classified as a Senior colt, he goes anywhere as a Zero point player (but ineligle as a -1 point player if he still meets the age requirements). I think thats the ruling.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Snags » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 pm

OnSong wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:Heard a couple of Hamleys big name recruits may be on the move after only a short stint in the APFL???

I heard they signed in the hills league befor the season had finished
Snags
Under 16s

Postby Snags » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:37 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:
OnSong wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:

I dont think so, he played Senior Colts last year (with a handful of senior games) so he is classified as a Senior colt, he goes anywhere as a Zero point player (but ineligle as a -1 point player if he still meets the age requirements). I think thats the ruling.

He will be out of 17s. Therefor I think he will be 2 points. Don't hold me to that though
Snags
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Hey Snags, Heard at a footy training over the holidays that Wise could be on the move to Gawler Sth, don't think he would, too much a Rooster boy, Gee I love off season!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Surely not surprising? Not very often that guys on big bucks hang around for longer than a year or two..
Not going to guess how much they would have been on so as not to start a shit fight but surely clubs should realise that players that come out for the big $$ haven't come out to hang around
I'm not suggesting Stribling/Dowdell/Duncan didn't give their all or weren't worth it.. Hamley came away with a premiership, but one would wonder where they would be without the sort of money they allegedly pay players
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:

Surely not surprising? Not very often that guys on big bucks hang around for longer than a year or two..
Not going to guess how much they would have been on so as not to start a shit fight but surely clubs should realise that players that come out for the big $$ haven't come out to hang around
I'm not suggesting Stribling/Dowdell/Duncan didn't give their all or weren't worth it.. Hamley came away with a premiership, but one would wonder where they would be without the sort of money they allegedly pay players

No need to wonder just go back a few years for the answer to that question.
Good on em winning a flag.
How much longer can the club hang on?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Snags » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Hey Snags, Heard at a footy training over the holidays that Wise could be on the move to Gawler Sth, don't think he would, too much a Rooster boy, Gee I love off season!

Nah no truth in that. He would never leave two wells unless it was to play at a sanfl club. But from what I have heard that won't be happening and he has fully committed to two wells for 2015
Snags
Under 16s

Postby chopper7 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:26 am

Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Signed for the Tigers in Hills Central my mail tells me. Big inclusions
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Program is out:
Attachments
APFL Program 2015.pdf
(112.04 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:

I won't get into the whole 'sustainability or bang4buck' issue, but these three players were arguably the most influential 'imports' the APFL have seen for a while - all 3 had great seasons and performed when it mattered.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:

I won't get into the whole 'sustainability or bang4buck' issue, but these three players were arguably the most influential 'imports' the APFL have seen for a while - all 3 had great seasons and performed when it mattered.

Maybe over this season but certainly not taking guys like Whitwell, Montgomerie, Niklaus etc. into account 3 mail medals, 2 runner-up's and a few hundred goals between the three of them alone.. This is without taking a lot of other people into account as well
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:25 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:

Maybe over this season but certainly not taking guys like Whitwell, Montgomerie, Niklaus etc. into account 3 mail medals, 2 runner-up's and a few hundred goals between the three of them alone.. This is without taking a lot of other people into account as well

Over a long period I agree, absolutely. But compare the impact these guys had in their first year compared to impact the 3 HB guys had in their first year. That said, if I wanted three of these at my club I'd be taking Montgomerie, Duncan/Doudell and Whitwell for reasons other than just pure football ability.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:42 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:Surely not surprising? Not very often that guys on big bucks hang around for longer than a year or two..

Over a long period I agree, absolutely. But compare the impact these guys had in their first year compared to impact the 3 HB guys had in their first year. That said, if I wanted three of these at my club I'd be taking Montgomerie, Duncan/Doudell and Whitwell for reasons other than just pure football ability.

Romantic interests?
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy