Norwood & the salary cap

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Postby Pseudo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 pm

SDK wrote:Correct an Eagle is NOT a fish. It is a lizard.

Naw, it's a bunny rabbit.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:58 pm

dedja wrote:No salary cap = 8 SANFL clubs going broke

So if the salary cap cannot be enforced on any entity in the SANFL then that entity ought not be permitted to compete.

Back to 8 teams then.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:14 pm

Only the incompetent clubs. 8 clubs lasted more than a hundred years in the past without the cap.
Get rid of it, waste of time.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby dedja » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Unfortunately times have changed ... at least 3 clubs would basically go broke overnight.

Plus we'd have to dump the annual Norwood are Cheats thread.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Tech1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Only the incompetent clubs. 8 clubs lasted more than a hundred years in the past without the cap.
Get rid of it, waste of time.

Probably don't want it gone, i just think realistically it needs to be closer to $500k with the inclusion of the afl reserves we need to lift the cap that's a no brainer and as someone else mentioned if clubs are incompetent and spend more then they can afford, then they only have themselves to blame. Strange that this hasn't been looked at by the league at all.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Doddy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:01 pm

I reckon Rucci knows something. Hence today's puff piece about Norwood.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby leggies » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Tech1 wrote:Norwood have a salary cap! Sure they do haha.
yeah but neither port nor the crows do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 pm

dedja wrote:Unfortunately times have changed ... at least 3 clubs would basically go broke overnight.

You seem to know a lot about other club's finances.

NFI.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm

how are the Holdfast Council's new club rooms going Bays fans?
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Spargo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:44 pm

topsywaldron wrote:how are the Holdfast Council's new club rooms going Bays fans?

You seem to know a lot about other teams club rooms...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:06 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
dedja wrote:Unfortunately times have changed ... at least 3 clubs would basically go broke overnight.

You seem to know a lot about other club's finances.

NFI.

It's a fair call. If you say you know , why not back it up with facts ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Just seems ironic that the poster in question claimed he 'knew' that Glenelg's finances had turned around this year, now it appears that Glenelg have had to sell their club rooms back to the Council as they couldn't service their debt to the Council who'd kept them afloat for the last few years.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Yes Glenelg are in financial trouble. Finances aren't as simple as "turning things around" in a year as that is generally cash flow talk.

It seems when you question some in the know they, don't respond or you get others responding to deflect the question.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby philcas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm

On a side note it would be interesting if one of the 8 sanfl clubs had breached salary cap rules now. I would like to know if the by laws are up to date such as who may or may not be able to breach the salary cap.
is there a way to find this out?
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Psyber » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Plus we'd have to dump the annual Norwood are Cheats thread.

Yes, lets prolong it's appearing after each Norwood premiership for as many years as possible! :D
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby dedja » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:53 pm

topsywaldron wrote:Just seems ironic that the poster in question claimed he 'knew' that Glenelg's finances had turned around this year, now it appears that Glenelg have had to sell their club rooms back to the Council as they couldn't service their debt to the Council who'd kept them afloat for the last few years.

Sigh, I'll go against my better judgement and bite again.

The Glenelg Football Club currently and will continue to own and operate all improvements on Gliderol Stadium, and lease the oval and land from the Holdfast Bay Council, in a manner that is usual practice for SANFL clubs for decades and decades.

If the allegation about selling the improvements to the Holdfast Bay Council were true (which they are not), then it is odd that there is no mention of this so-called 'sale' in the Council meeting minutes. In addition, it would seem bizarre that if the Glenelg Football Club divested itself of these improvements, then why would the Council recently agree to allow the club to pay interest only on the outstanding loan to the council for the next 2 years.

I will happiiy stand corrected if the accuser kindly provides a link to the Holdfast Bay Council meeting minutes which support the sale of Gliderol Stadium improvements from the Glenelg Football Club to the Council.

Sigh again, to respond to other comments about the financial affairs of the Glenelg Football Club, there has been no change in debt in 2014 and the 'turn around' is a vast improvement in trading from a $570K loss in 2013 to what will be reported in the 2014 Annual Report. Nowhere has it been suggested that the club is out of the woods and debt free.

All this, by the way has nothing to do with this thread which is about an allegation that the Norwood Football Club may be investigated for a Salary Cap breach, so any posts associated with club finances should really be moved over to the appropriate SANFL finances thread.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:37 pm

I do seriously love how you're happy to post snide remarks about what I do for my work but obviously squeal like a stuck pig when the same comes back at you, weak as p*ss as usual.

And if only you'd had the balls to mention that Glenelg had recently applied to Council to change the original terms of the loan AND that the Council's auditor saw fit to mention the GFC as a special case regarding the size of the loan then your other points might have carried some weight.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby dedja » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 pm

So I assume you can't prove that the club had sold it's improvements at Gliderol Stadium to the Council ... thought so.

I stated that the council approved a 2 year extension of interest only payments. Is there something else you'd like to add backed up by facts?
dedja
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 pm

You going to acknowledge that's a change to the original terms of the loan or not?

No mention of the independent auditor's concerns again I see.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby dedja » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:01 pm

You're doing it again, going all over the place. You made the allegation that the Bays had sold their clubrooms to the Council, the onus of proof was on you and you failed miserably.

End of story.

Any chance of getting back to the topic of the thread perhaps?
dedja
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL