2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Postby Mickyj » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
DOC wrote:Toby Stribling and Ben Dowdell to the Eagles.

Nothing from the Eagles yet doc are u just getting in early or something

Didn't Stribling walk out on South? Not really the type of player we need given we already have too many players who lack dedication and heart.

Well the Eagles are doing fantastic things we the players we have not !!!
I'm looking for players who can help the Eagles play more than 1 or 2 rounds in the finals !!
Sorry sick of being medicore by the time of the finals
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Stribling tried to get back to North for 2015 but North denied him.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby FOOTY TALK » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:Stribling tried to get back to North for 2015 but North denied him.

Stribling good mates with wundke
FOOTY TALK
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:Stribling tried to get back to North for 2015 but North denied him.

I think he still owes North for two unpaid accounts. And yes he walked out from South taking Todd Pfieffererffer with him to Mount Gambier.

Wasted talent.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Big Phil » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Norwood have signed former Carlton defender Andrew McInness...

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/News/LATEST ... _LEGS.aspx
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Gee the strong get stronger. McInnes will do ok over here, seen him in action at VFL level a couple of times and looks a decent enough type.
Throw in a Georgiou and perhaps Stevenson and thats some good additions to replace the ones they have lost. Also have Partington from Port and by the sounds of it a decent crop of ex-Magpie zone players coming into the system and they have a fair list. Dont think they will lose too many to the draft, maybe 3 or 4 tops. Have heard from a North mate I play golf with that they are trying to coerse one of their young kids over aswell, unfortunately I dont recall the kids name
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby southee » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:40 pm

DOC wrote:

I think he still owes North for two unpaid accounts. And yes he walked out from South taking Todd Pfieffererffer with him to Mount Gambier.

Wasted talent.

Correct ... Going got tough and spat it at South .
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby JK » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Gee the strong get stronger. McInnes will do ok over here, seen him in action at VFL level a couple of times and looks a decent enough type.
Throw in a Georgiou and perhaps Stevenson and thats some good additions to replace the ones they have lost. Also have Partington from Port and by the sounds of it a decent crop of ex-Magpie zone players coming into the system and they have a fair list. Dont think they will lose too many to the draft, maybe 3 or 4 tops. Have heard from a North mate I play golf with that they are trying to coerse one of their young kids over aswell, unfortunately I dont recall the kids name

A swap deal I believe
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:38 pm

JK wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Gee the strong get stronger. McInnes will do ok over here, seen him in action at VFL level a couple of times and looks a decent enough type.

A swap deal I believe

So there is truth to it?
Care to name the players, is it an established player for a kid or just a swapping of kids?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Squawk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
JK wrote:
Throw in a Georgiou and perhaps Stevenson and thats some good additions to replace the ones they have lost. Also have Partington from Port and by the sounds of it a decent crop of ex-Magpie zone players coming into the system and they have a fair list. I don't think they will lose too many to the draft, maybe 3 or 4 tops. Have heard from a North mate I play golf with that they are trying to coerse one of their young kids over aswell, unfortunately I dont recall the kids name

A swap deal I believe

So there is truth to it?
Care to name the players, is it an established player for a kid or just a swapping of kids?

Two "kids" being swapped. A 16 yo or thereabouts for a 19yo or thereabouts. The 16 yo comes from Norwood's country zone and is headed to boarding school in Norwood's city zone, but he wants to play at North with a cousin who is already there. Norwood is endeavouring to accommodate this. Hard to evaluate the swap at this age but the 16yo looks to have an AFL career path ahead of him, (and comes from pedigree footballing stock) whereas the 19yo probably doesn't although he comes from a footballing family himself.

Not sure if the swap has been finalised/agreed to as yet, so best not to name names at this time.
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby stan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:23 am

I dont think Stevenson will stay to be honest.

McInnes is not a bad pickup and assuming Georgiou comes back and does not get redrafted then this is another good result.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby rocketeer » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:58 am

Shaun (edit!) McKernan stated on 5AA that if he isn't picked up in the draft he's a good chance to play in the SANFL... for the Eagles. So that'd be what his 4th SANFL team (including Crows) in about 5 years?
Last edited by rocketeer on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm

rocketeer wrote:Corey McKernan stated on 5AA that if he isn't picked up in the draft he's a good chance to play in the SANFL... for the Eagles. So that'd be what his 4th SANFL team (including Crows) in about 5 years?

Shaun possibly (although Woodville supporters might be more excited for Corey)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Aerie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 pm

McKernan would be a very good get at SANFL level if he isn't drafted.

Ruck (McKernan) and pace (Petrenko) would tick two major boxes the Eagles needed to cover. Hopefully the Eagles are still scouring for another Ruckman and someone else with midfield pace because you would expect both are likely to get a second chance in the upcoming draft - which will be good for them, but not so good for the Eagles.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby saintal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Josh Thewlis retiring from South. Has been a favourite of mine over the past 9 seasons. One of the few recruits to stick with the club through thick and (mostly) thin. Will be missed.

South Adelaide Co- Captain Josh Thewlis has announced his retirement from SANFL football.

The 30 year-old defender joined the Club in 2006 off North Melbourne’s rookie list, playing 140 League games and kicking 58 goals.

A well respected player, Thewlis spent the last two years as Captain.

In meeting with the Club, Thewlis, who runs his own business as a carpenter, felt the time was right to step away from the SANFL.

General Manager of Football Neill Sharpe said that Thewlis had been a fantastic and loyal servant of the South Adelaide Football Club.

“To join the Club as a recruit and to end up being its Captain says a little bit about his character. He’s had some tough times with injuries, some self-inflicted, but he’s toughed it out and its disappointing that he leaves the game without being able to achieve the ultimate in team success.

“But moving to South Australia has agreed with him and we wish him and his wife Keira all the best in his retirement.”

Thewlis honors included finishing second in the 2007 Knuckey Cup and had top five placings in 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011. He made the Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year in 2011.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby JK » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Big loss for the Panthers. Quality bloke, highly skilled and a great onfield general. All the best to him.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:14 pm

saintal wrote:In meeting with the Club, Thewlis, who runs his own business as a carpenter, felt the time was right to step away from the SANFL.

Nothing to do with the big offer from a club east of Noarlunga
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
saintal wrote:In meeting with the Club, Thewlis, who runs his own business as a carpenter, felt the time was right to step away from the SANFL.

Doubt it, body is dead set shot. Think he is looking forward to drinking beers on a hill somewhere watching the footy...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Our best recruit in some time, stuck it out when other rats deserted. Quality player and great leader on field. Wish him all the best, one of my favourites bows out... :(
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby blueandwhite » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 pm

heater31 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:

Doubt it, body is dead set shot. Think he is looking forward to drinking beers on a hill somewhere watching the footy...

Very lucky to get throught the sanfl finals, barely trained and had regular needles for a very dodgy achilles...
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL