Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby hawks21 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:55 pm

RustyCage wrote:We will see if the media have learnt anything from 2012. Easy draw gave them an inflated view of where the team was at and therefore they thought Sando was the new messiah. Fast forward to 2015 and we will see if the easy draw results in Walsh being the new messiah

Just like Ken Hickley and every other new coach in their first year? Name one coach recently who has had a tough draw in their first year as coach.
The media will do it again, that’s how they sell papers. Have to cater for their audience, and let’s be honest, all clubs supporters want to read it!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:59 pm

hawks21 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:We will see if the media have learnt anything from 2012. Easy draw gave them an inflated view of where the team was at and therefore they thought Sando was the new messiah. Fast forward to 2015 and we will see if the easy draw results in Walsh being the new messiah

Just like Ken Hickley and every other new coach in their first year? Name one coach recently who has had a tough draw in their first year as coach.
The media will do it again, that’s how they sell papers. Have to cater for their audience, and let’s be honest, all clubs supporters want to read it!

the draw suits our ladder position - we mostly play teams that finished near us twice. the only reason why it is a "good" draw is the crows severely under performed last year.

also, what do you expect people to be like after the hiring of a new coach? of course the sense of optimism goes up
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:03 pm

bennymacca wrote:
hawks21 wrote:

the draw suits our ladder position - we mostly play teams that finished near us twice. the only reason why it is a "good" draw is the crows severely under performed last year.

also, what do you expect people to be like after the hiring of a new coach? of course the sense of optimism goes up

Whilst I think the Crows made the right move on moving on Sanderson. It'll be interesting to see if the players will throw Walsh under the bus like the last coach if the group is seen to have "underperformed" again.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:16 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
hawks21 wrote:

Whilst I think the Crows made the right move on moving on Sanderson. It'll be interesting to see if the players will throw Walsh under the bus like the last coach if the group is seen to have "underperformed" again.

I would think that any side who missed the 8 are considered to have under performed by their club. But outside of their walls I don't think too many would think the crows under performed. They certainly finished around where I thought they would - they are not any better than any side who finished above them.
But with a new coach comes renewed enthusiasm and optimism. Couple that with a friendly draw and they are set up for a better year. However, being set up is one thing; being able to deliver is another. I have them missing the 8.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 pm

i think if we are to sneak in it will be Eseendon that will drop out.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby hawks21 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:i think if we are to sneak in it will be Eseendon that will drop out.

Who knows what Richmond will do as well.

I think West Coast, Crows, Gold Coast will be fighting for those 2 spots in the 8.
hawks21
Reserves

Postby Tassie Blues » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:18 pm

hawks21 wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:i think if we are to sneak in it will be Eseendon that will drop out.

I think West Coast, Crows, Gold Coast will be fighting for those 2 spots in the 8.

and we play all of them twice. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Crows will need to have top 8 spot guaranteed before round 23 against the Geelong in Geelong
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Tassie Blues wrote:
hawks21 wrote:

and we play all of them twice. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Crows will need to have top 8 spot guaranteed before round 23 against the Geelong in Geelong

it means the double up games will be pretty much 8 point games. and we all know how well we handled that this year...
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Tassie Blues » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:38 pm

lets hope Sando took that problem away with him
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dols » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Tassie Blues wrote:lets hope Sando took that problem away with him
you are kidding me aren't you? The only person to blame for mental weakness is the 22 on the field. Including that glorious man danger.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:15 pm

Dols wrote:
you are kidding me aren't you? The only person to blame for mental weakness is the 22 on the field. Including that glorious man danger.

where did he say it was sando's problem?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dols » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Dols wrote:

when he said I quote "let's hope sando took that problem away with him" well apart from a cardboard box with stationery in it what else did he take? Your 19th man? That's always been a mental weakness!
Dols
Reserves

Postby Dols » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:29 pm

Meh.
Dols
Reserves

Postby Tassie Blues » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:43 pm

ahh powa supporter :roll:
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Postby hawks21 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:24 am

Dols wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Dols wrote:

when he said I quote "let's hope sando took that problem away with him" well apart from a cardboard box with stationery in it what else did he take? Your 19th man? That's always been a mental weakness!
Attachments
587467-port-adelaide-amp-039-crowd-amp-039-.jpg
Love a good bandwagon
587467-port-adelaide-amp-039-crowd-amp-039-.jpg (94.57 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
hawks21
Reserves

Postby carey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:07 am

That old chest nut......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:08 am

Don't forget to bring up 97,98 :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Fricky » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 pm

carey wrote:Don't forget to bring up 97,98 :roll:

I think we are at point in history now where, instead of comparing someone to Hitler or the Nazi, every argument between Port and Crows fans will end up with a Crows fan using the tarps or 97/98 flags and a Port fan using the 1870 history or plastic franchise to end proceedings ;)
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby valleys07 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Suri wrote:
carey wrote:Don't forget to bring up 97,98 :roll:

I think we are at point in history now where, instead of comparing someone to Hitler or the Nazi, every argument between Port and Crows fans will end up with a Crows fan using the tarps or 97/98 flags and a Port fan using the 1870 history or plastic franchise to end proceedings ;)

I actually don't mind crows fans using 97/98 against me. Its a sledge that has substance to it, and one that I certainly cant rebut. My hope its that during this window, my club can win a few flags, to enable a return serve.

All the other dick measuring contests between both camps is ridiculous. The tarps/bandwagon sledges from crows fans suggests they themselves have a cohort of 57,000 loyal to the death fans who rock up to each and every single game. We all know nobody in the league has this sort of support base.

Yes, our crowds were pathetic a few seasons ago, and most have seemingly come out of the woodwork now we are winning again (it shits me too, believe me), but the amount of crow fans I have read on other forums/social media outlets that are "signing up for 2015 to be a part of the roovolution", or joining now that their former CEO/coach has been moved on, astounds me. Not to mention that there were lean periods in Adelaide attendances between 08-12, although nothing in comparison to Port Adelaide's.

Far out the job is easy as a crows fan. The only thing out of my mouth would be "2:1". Job done.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:48 pm

I just sing INXS songs and that makes power supporters cry :lol:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1432 times