Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby RooShootOhh » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:28 am

Club Decision = we love you and we want you to stay but can't pay you any more
His Decision = I love you too but Im leaving...

Maybe something like that?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 am

RooShootOhh wrote:Club Decision = we love you and we want you to stay but can't pay you any more

Jimmy's been a great player for Mallala, still a great player.
Would have thought he was playing for free anyway, surprising really.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:21 pm

I hear Caleb howell is pretty close to signing a nice little deal with the Seaton rambles
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:42 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:I hear Caleb howell is pretty close to signing a nice little deal with the Seaton rambles

Spewing! Did Greg Phillips get the coaching gig there?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby one day I will » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:49 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:Club Decision = we love you and we want you to stay but can't pay you any more

James hasn't been paid a cent since playing A grade at mallala. Knowing he is a good footballer and having a family to support any other money in the pocket is a bonus. And im sure if mallala came to the party he would still be there. Oh well their loss.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:I hear Caleb howell is pretty close to signing a nice little deal with the Seaton rambles

I believe so
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:04 pm

one day I will wrote:

James hasn't been paid a cent since playing A grade at mallala. Knowing he is a good footballer and having a family to support any other money in the pocket is a bonus. And im sure if mallala came to the party he would still be there. Oh well their loss.

Some subscribe to the theory of not paying locals. It might lead to a snowball effect where every local was wanting to get paid.
But with a young family to support, no harm in asking for a little help. I can see both sides here.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

I believe so

Nah, I think Webber got the gig
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby RooShootOhh » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:48 pm

OnSong wrote:
one day I will wrote:

Some subscribe to the theory of not paying locals. It might lead to a snowball effect where every local was wanting to get paid.
But with a young family to support, no harm in asking for a little help. I can see both sides here.

Sorry I should make myself clearer, I wasn't saying thats what happened, but with some saying club decision and some saying his decision its what sprung to mind.

Either way it doesn't matter if he ever got paid or not, if he wants to move on then so be, I hate it when other try to sour someone elses name because they make a personal choice (normally aimed at paid players mind you) usually becuase they never had the balls to do so or no-one ever wanted them.

good luck to him, where's he meant to be going?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:49 pm

one day I will wrote:Good to see mallala looking after the players who put alot of time and money into the club!!!! All to get a slap in the face.

one day I will wrote:James hasn't been paid a cent since playing A grade at mallala. Knowing he is a good footballer and having a family to support any other money in the pocket is a bonus. And im sure if mallala came to the party he would still be there. Oh well their loss.

I fail to see where the slap in the face has come from if this is all about the same guy.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby RooShootOhh » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:51 pm

I know he is still meeting with other clubs...

Is there going to be anyone left in the plains?

Every team seem to have lost 2 or 3 of their top 7-8 players from all report except Balak and HWE
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:59 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:

Every team seem to have lost 2 or 3 of their top 7-8 players from all report except Balak and HWE

Who have TW lost?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:08 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:
OnSong wrote:
one day I will wrote:

Sorry I should make myself clearer, I wasn't saying thats what happened, but with some saying club decision and some saying his decision its what sprung to mind.

Either way it doesn't matter if he ever got paid or not, if he wants to move on then so be, I hate it when other try to sour someone elses name because they make a personal choice (normally aimed at paid players mind you) usually becuase they never had the balls to do so or no-one ever wanted them.

good luck to him, where's he meant to be going?

I have no idea what's going on. I thought you must!
OnSong
Coach

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:13 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:

Who have TW lost?

Feasty (Norwood midfield coach) is all what I've heard.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:18 pm

I've heard of some big player movements at United.. Haven't heard names but was assured they would be big. Got any intel on this MC?
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby one day I will » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
one day I will wrote:Good to see mallala looking after the players who put alot of time and money into the club!!!! All to get a slap in the face.

one day I will wrote:James hasn't been paid a cent since playing A grade at mallala. Knowing he is a good footballer and having a family to support any other money in the pocket is a bonus. And im sure if mallala came to the party he would still be there. Oh well their loss.

I fail to see where the slap in the face has come from if this is all about the same guy.

As I believe if u are in the top 7-8 players in any A grade country footy (which james would be at mallala) being a local or not U should be getting a small or large reward for consistency over so many years and to be told no from ur own club would make ya feel pretty shitty. Agree or disagree?
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:00 pm

one day I will wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

As I believe if u are in the top 7-8 players in any A grade country footy (which james would be at mallala) being a local or not U should be getting a small or large reward for consistency over so many years and to be told no from ur own club would make ya feel pretty shitty. Agree or disagree?

Agree to a point but a club can't be held to ransom by local players requesting cash either...
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

one day I will wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Disagree. Also, he is a back pocket player so he is not in their best 7-8 players IMO. However does possess a quality nickname.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby one day I will » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Like I said if ur in the top 7-8 players u shouldnt have to hold anyone to ransom it should just be how it is. U would obviously be worthy of it. And if ur outside the top eight u get a 20-30 dollar beer card. Ull get the most out of ur players if u make them feel wanted on and of the field. Do u no were he finished in there b&f mythical creature. I suppose don't?
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:29 pm

one day I will wrote:Like I said if ur in the top 7-8 players u shouldnt have to hold anyone to ransom it should just be how it is. U would obviously be worthy of it. And if ur outside the top eight u get a 20-30 dollar beer card. Ull get the most out of ur players if u make them feel wanted on and of the field. Do u no were he finished in there b&f mythical creature. I suppose don't?

No idea and I don't care where he finished either.

Look at it this way, if he is happy to leave and the club is happy to let him leave, where is the problem?
Mythical Creature
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy