7%
Seaton Ramblers
5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby Boosh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Although Mitcham did ok out of staying up this year.

and I can't recall Glenunga going back down straight awayanytime they've taken the offer.

North Haven stayed up once and finished 4th, best decision we ever made.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby ROOBOY18 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
scottroo wrote:For what it's worth colonel light gardens havnt been approached about div 4

approached by whom? and there are no spots in D4 at this stage, so why would they?

;)
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm

What are you winking at old man? 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Q. » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Although Mitcham did ok out of staying up this year.

and I can't recall Glenunga going back down straight awayanytime they've taken the offer.

Avoiding relegation is hardly a success story.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:24 pm

no but it's better than being unsuccessful in a lower grade.

Never said any of the above were successful, I just said they didn't suck at going/staying up.

There's a difference you know.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Pag » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Pag wrote:Can tell you Salisbury have nominated for Division 4, and I very much doubt external factors would change that nomination.

We took the option to stay up a few years back (when Edwardstown left) after a three0win season, to end up with another 1-win season, don't think we'd make the same decision this time around.

This.

We've had three straight seasons of not winning many games, culminating in a horrible season this year. For the morale around the place as mch as anything, going down to Div 4 (like we are supposed to) will be the decision the club makes. People can judge how they like, but it's the division our A-Grade says we belong in at the moment, and I'm sure if you asked Modbury, who beat us by 20 goals twice this year, or Pembroke, who beat us by 25 goals at our own ground, they'd probably agree.

Good luck to Pooraka if they do agree to take the challenge on, wish them all the best.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:51 pm

scottroo wrote:For what it's worth colonel light gardens havnt been approached about div 4

Why do Clubs who maybe serious for a crack in Div 3 should an opening occur need to be approached.....Why would you wait to be asked?.....Take the initiative and book a place at the table.......there's enough going on in this forum to suggest there maybe a chance if SW go by the wayside...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:58 pm

1) there is no way in hell the league will let CLG go up 2 grades
2) THe club needs to be approached by the club wanting to stay down - not the league - therefore, CLG would potentially be waiting for a phone call from Westies themselves.
3) Given point 1, point 2 will never happen.

Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:1) there is no way in hell the league will let CLG go up 2 grades
2) THe club needs to be approached by the club wanting to stay down - not the league - therefore, CLG would potentially be waiting for a phone call from Westies themselves.

The league don't have a problem letting a side go down 2 grades, which is just as ludicrous.... IMHO
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Footy Chick wrote:1) there is no way in hell the league will let CLG go up 2 grades

I put the smiley face there for a reason FC...... having been chastised in the past for not doing so....nespa'. My reply was made somewhat tongue in cheek that if a club who may be eligible to take a place in a higher Division under the circumstances being discussed that IMO there is no reason why they shouldn't declare that interest rather than wait for a phone call. I accept your point that the onus is on the Club wanting to stay down to make the approach as I wasn't aware that it would be a serious breach of protocol to do otherwise.........learn something new everyday.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:24 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

The league don't have a problem letting a side go down 2 grades, which is just as ludicrous.... IMHO

Did they even get close to winning a game? NO

Was it so ludicous then?

Although, with the signings their pulling now, I'd be inclined to make them stay in D5 but that's just my 2c

Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Was it so ludicous then?

Although, with the signings their pulling now, I'd be inclined to make them stay in D5 but that's just my 2c

yes... It's not U/8's football, it sometimes gets tough...
So they are signing players and could possibly win a flag in D6 :roll: ... Gee the club must be really struggling after one bad year...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Q. » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Footy Chick wrote:no but it's better than being unsuccessful in a lower grade.

Never said any of the above were successful, I just said they didn't suck at going/staying up.

There's a difference you know.

It's still obvious that you've got far better chance at being successful in the higher grade on the back of success, momentum, preparedness etc
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Was it so ludicous then?

If Kilburn and Brahma Lodge come out and win premierships in 2015 with a bunch of fresh players the situation will only become even more comically farcical than it was in 2014
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:19 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Was it so ludicous then?

If Kilburn and Brahma Lodge come out and win premierships in 2015 with a bunch of fresh players the situation will only become even more comically farcical than it was in 2014

Does the above actually apply to Kilburn though?....They just got relegated in consecutive seasons to end up in div 4.....If they get a team together and crack it for a flag in 2015.....not to much wrong in that I would think.....unless you were making a point other than being assigned a Division for whatever reasons.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby jo172 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Cohiba wrote:Does the above actually apply to Kilburn though?....They just got relegated in consecutive seasons to end up in div 4.....If they get a team together and crack it for a flag in 2015.....not to much wrong in that I would think.....unless you were making a point other than being assigned a Division for whatever reasons.

More a general criticism of boom/bust cycles

(I realise that there are plenty of boom/bust cycle examples, just few where the bust is as bad as Kilburn's was this year)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:14 pm

jo172 wrote:
Cohiba wrote:Does the above actually apply to Kilburn though?....They just got relegated in consecutive seasons to end up in div 4.....If they get a team together and crack it for a flag in 2015.....not to much wrong in that I would think.....unless you were making a point other than being assigned a Division for whatever reasons.

More a general criticism of boom/bust cycles

(I realise that there are plenty of boom/bust cycle examples, just few where the bust is as bad as Kilburn's was this year)

boom/bust!!!!.......been down that road ourselves.....(although 15 years ago ours was more bust than boom.... :) )
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby swingman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Cohiba wrote:

Does the above actually apply to Kilburn though?....They just got relegated in consecutive seasons to end up in div 4.....If they get a team together and crack it for a flag in 2015.....not to much wrong in that I would think.....unless you were making a point other than being assigned a Division for whatever reasons.[/quote]

No different to payhnam in recent years really. May not have got flogged by as much but they flew up divisions then crashed back down just as fast and have now risen again.
You don't go down 3 divisions in a row with out losing a whole bunch of players each year. And ya don't come back up unless you get players back of fresh new faces . Good on kilburn and brahmas if they can win the premierships this year
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby Cohiba » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:23 pm

swingman wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

No different to payhnam in recent years really. May not have got flogged by as much but they flew up divisions then crashed back down just as fast and have now risen again.
You don't go down 3 divisions in a row with out losing a whole bunch of players each year. And ya don't come back up unless you get players back of fresh new faces . Good on kilburn and brahmas if they can win the premierships this year

Not sure how you attributed the above quote to me swingman .............but its not mine.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Boosh » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:26 am

swingman wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Does the above actually apply to Kilburn though?....They just got relegated in consecutive seasons to end up in div 4.....If they get a team together and crack it for a flag in 2015.....not to much wrong in that I would think.....unless you were making a point other than being assigned a Division for whatever reasons.

You don't go down 3 divisions in a row with out losing a whole bunch of players each year. And ya don't come back up unless you get players back of fresh new faces . Good on kilburn and brahmas if they can win the premierships this year[/quote]

Brahma's situation is different, they are selecting which grade to be in, they should be in Div 4 this season instead of Div 6.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League