R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

Postby CENTURION » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:38 am

locky801 wrote:No and not even a member of the SAAFL club i support

why would you be? Your bar sounds FAR better!
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby CENTURION » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:47 am

bloody oath! and sponsor.
CENTURION
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

of course even though we will probably be near the bottom ... again :(

but nothing will tear me apart :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Douglas Mawson » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Yep. Will renew my membership again...on the basis that my support for my club's players overcomes my frustrations with my club's administration and it's particular role in the yes vote.

And at this stage I expect I will renew my Panthers membership from last year.
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby puppet arms » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 pm

I hate what has happened to the SANFL but will renew my membership, as will my wife and 3 kids, as we love going to watch the Bays, catch up with friends and enjoy the best standard footy outside of the AFL (which I don't enjoy watching anymore). I nearly pulled the pin due to the reserves debacle but in the end decided that I'll be damned if a bunch of corporate suits will ruin a great day out for me and my family.

I absolutely understand why a lot of people have walked away from it though. Watching us play AFL reserves teams is hard work, whether we win or lose.
puppet arms

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby stan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:24 pm

gossipgirl wrote:of course even though we will probably be near the bottom ... again :(

but nothing will tear me apart :D

Come on GG, that's not great trolling. You were in good form before this post. Time to regroup.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times

Postby Blacky » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:I'll be a member of my least favourite club in 2015.

what westies
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby stan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Blacky wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'll be a member of my least favourite club in 2015.

what westies

Shit is he joining Port?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times

Postby dedja » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:10 am

CENTURION wrote:bloody oath! and sponsor.

I'm with the Gimp ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby CENTURION » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:01 am

puppet arms wrote:I hate what has happened to the SANFL but will renew my membership, as will my wife and 3 kids, as we love going to watch the Bays, catch up with friends and enjoy the best standard footy outside of the AFL (which I don't enjoy watching anymore). I nearly pulled the pin due to the reserves debacle but in the end decided that I'll be damned if a bunch of corporate suits will ruin a great day out for me and my family.

I absolutely understand why a lot of people have walked away from it though. Watching us play AFL reserves teams is hard work, whether we win or lose.

solution, don't watch those games.
CENTURION
Coach

Postby puppet arms » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:28 am

CENTURION wrote:
puppet arms wrote:I hate what has happened to the SANFL but will renew my membership, as will my wife and 3 kids, as we love going to watch the Bays, catch up with friends and enjoy the best standard footy outside of the AFL (which I don't enjoy watching anymore). I nearly pulled the pin due to the reserves debacle but in the end decided that I'll be damned if a bunch of corporate suits will ruin a great day out for me and my family.

then I'd miss out on my weekly catch up with mates as well as a good family day, kicking the footy on the oval with my boys. I'd love to make a bold statement and turn my back on these teams but my 7 and 8 year old boys don't much care who we play. They just want to see their heroes play and cheer on the tigers. That's the deciding factor for me.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions based on their own circumstances. Just because I go to Glenelg versus Adelaide or Port Adelaide doesn't mean I support the reserves concept.
puppet arms

Postby StrayDog » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:41 am

puppet arms wrote:
CENTURION wrote:

then I'd miss out on my weekly catch up with mates as well as a good family day, kicking the footy on the oval with my boys. I'd love to make a bold statement and turn my back on these teams but my 7 and 8 year old boys don't much care who we play. They just want to see their heroes play and cheer on the tigers. That's the deciding factor for me.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions based on their own circumstances. Just because I go to Glenelg versus Adelaide or Port Adelaide doesn't mean I support the reserves concept.

Sounds fair enough. You, your friends, your family, your heroes, the "bunch of corporate suits", Adelaide, Port and democracy itself - winners all.

Play on.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby puppet arms » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:14 pm

StrayDog wrote:
puppet arms wrote:
CENTURION wrote:

Sounds fair enough. You, your friends, your family, your heroes, the "bunch of corporate suits", Adelaide, Port and democracy itself - winners all.

Play on.

Hmmm... not sure if you are having a go? Not sure what to make of your post. Have I inadvertently stumbled on to some in joke and missed the point of the thread? If so, I humbly apologise. I was just trying to put my perspective across in the long-running debate. Merely trying to make the point that it isn't always as easy as saying "I'm never going again because I don't like what the presidents voted for".

The question, as I understood it, was asking who is signing up as a member next year. I am.

Cheers.
puppet arms

Postby PhilH » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Already signed up again.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Fluffbag » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:00 pm

I don't want to give up and then we finally win, they going to pry my panthers membership from my cold, dead hands
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby SDK » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:31 pm

The people I most admire are the ones who stick with their club through thick and thin regardless of results and ladder position. They go to watch even though there is no hope of winning BUT when they win unexpectantly or climb the ladder and win a flag that is the sweetest of feelings in life.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby prowling panther » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Fluffbag wrote:I don't want to give up and then we finally win, they going to pry my panthers membership from my cold, dead hands

I am like you fluffbag, followed the Panthers when they were the Yeoows for the last 62 years, Dad bought me my first South membership for my 14th birthday, continued ever since. I have no intention of not being a member when we win our next premiership and I intend to live for another 25 years.
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby DOC » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:56 pm

prowling panther wrote:
Fluffbag wrote:I don't want to give up and then we finally win, they going to pry my panthers membership from my cold, dead hands

I am like you fluffbag, followed the Panthers when they were the Yeoows for the last 62 years, Dad bought me my first South membership for my 14th birthday, continued ever since. I have no intention of not being a member when we win our next premiership and I intend to live for another 25 years.

87 is an unlucky number.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:41 pm

...from my cold ,dead hand....also :evil: :twisted:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby StrayDog » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 am

prowling panther wrote:

If resilience and dedication were water, you and other South people would fill a few Olympic pools. Hats off to you.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL