Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby Ramrod » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:11 am

Well judging by the way results look at this stage i will be getting 3 from 3. Lobey mustve batted well, no scores up yet so cant go into any detail. Ashbourne and Woodside, Very evenly balanced Ashbourne with there noses in front at this stage, big week for woodside, they want to be taken seriously they need to rock and roll ashbourne. Wistow did well but you feel Strath will get those runs comfortably and perhaps send Wistow back in. Abbott and Cousins to come back in this week, if they can chase those runs down within 30overs youd assume wistow will have to bat again.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Its interesting to see the number of A grade players playing in the C grade and seemingly dominating over recent weeks. One made a century (not out) and took 4/3. Another couple made lazy half centuries with one bloke retiring whilst yet another took 6 for bugger all :roll:

What does a C Graders face look like when they shape up against players of that callibre? :shock:
Last edited by Roxy the Rat Girl on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:04 am

Ramrod wrote:Well judging by the way results look at this stage i will be getting 3 from 3. Lobey mustve batted well, no scores up yet so cant go into any detail. Ashbourne and Woodside, Very evenly balanced Ashbourne with there noses in front at this stage, big week for woodside, they want to be taken seriously they need to rock and roll ashbourne. Wistow did well but you feel Strath will get those runs comfortably and perhaps send Wistow back in. Abbott and Cousins to come back in this week, if they can chase those runs down within 30overs youd assume wistow will have to bat again.

Was a tight contest at Lobey for most of the day. Lobey batted patiently and piled on the runs late in the day. Weeks with 112* n.o. was the mainsaty. Very few chances given all day by Lobey batsman but the 2 chances Weeks gave on 40 odd and 60 odd and not taken by the Creeks proved very costly. Take either and a score of under 200 was on the cards. With 252 on the board, i wouldnt totally count the Creeks out of this as they do have one of their better batting line ups for a few years in this week.
Strath to win but no outright for them.
Ash v Woodside 50/50 one would think? Woodsides batting has been very disappointing to start the season off and unless it improves will only be making up the numbers.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Its interesting to see the number of A grade players playing in the C grade and seemingly dominating over recent weeks. One made a century (not out) and took 4/3. Another couple made lazy half centuries with one bloke retiring whilst yet another took 6 for bugger all :roll:

What does a C Graders face look like when they shape up against players of that callibre? :shock:

This is a perennial problem, and I don't think there is all that much that can be done about it. Some times circumstances may dictate a player being in the lower grades for a week or so. We had one last week, made 160 because he could play C's or not at all. He will be straight back to the top side this week. It's the "serial offenders" that enjoy being the big fish that all you can do is shake your head and think, why don't you challenge yourself? Then there's the other problem of the older guys playing down to help the kids. Case in point this season - Loby are playing kids in their A Grade, and going well it seems, so now Wimberley is playing C's - could argue that he should be in their A2's. The there are the blokes who have ability but just want to have a hit & a giggle with their mates... again not much you can do. I guess we have pussy clubs, and pussy players?!?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:03 pm

It's disappointing when you have 2 fairly even teams playing in a good match and 1 bloke who is clearly playing in a grade which is far below his ability dominates that game to the point that it becomes a farce. There are lower grade players who can make good scores or bowl well on their day and that is all fine as the match is still an even contest with regard to overall team ability. What I dislike is the enormous mismatch created by an individual player who plays in a much lower grade than their ability, and in turn ruins the contest for everyone else on the field in order to satisfy their own self glory.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:39 pm

The bloke who made 160 is a serial offender at playing in lower grades when things get a bit tough for him in a higher grade. He was pissed that he got a duck in A2s the week before so came out to grab a bit of glory for himself in the C grade. He'll feel a bit better about himself now his batting average is up and he is once again the mighty hero of the day. Some of you blokes need to stop being whimpy little pussys and challenge yourselves to play at the highest level you can play.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:The bloke who made 160 is a serial offender at playing in lower grades when things get a bit tough for him in a higher grade. He was pissed that he got a duck in A2s the week before so came out to grab a bit of glory for himself in the C grade. He'll feel a bit better about himself now his batting average is up and he is once again the mighty hero of the day. Some of you blokes need to stop being whimpy little pussys and challenge yourselves to play at the highest level you can play.

I would like to appologise to the player who made 160 in the C grade last week for the comments I made on this forum. I have since been made aware that he played C grade due to family reasons which were unavoidable and necessitated that he play in that grade :oops: :oops: :oops: I stand by my general remarks on players who play in much lower grades than their ability warrants without a valid reason. Apologies again to the player concerned and well batted.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Corona Man » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Fair enough RTRG - sometimes it takes a big man to apologise, so kudos to you there.

As an overall statement I think we all want to see the more talented players, striving to play at the higher levels. I understand your point about a player dominating a C Grade game, and therefore making it less enjoyable for the "regular" C graders, and the contest as such becoming a farce. That's not what any club wants. It's up to the clubs to be vigilant as much as possible that they are fielding their more talented players in the higher grades, and leaving the lower grades to the blokes who "should" be there, so they too can enjoy their Saturday afternoon. We all want to win, the majority realise that you can't expect to win every week, and that an even contest, played in good spirit, and a few beers after play is what we all want.... After all its community cricket!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby old fullback » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:08 pm

kickittome wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:perhaps the Strath boys can't play spin?

Strath boys loved ashbournes spin today in particular Luke cousins who had a huge day out hitting 216 no. Cousy batted the full 70 overs & even the great stats man perry jones could not remember the last time someone made 200 plus at strath. Strathalbyn ended up 9/365 & fowlston finished with 5/130 odd off 30 overs. Let's hope Luke can carry his form in to tomorrow's 20/20 vs Nairne at strath.
Nairne look well on there way to getting an outright v wistow which I think could be happening a lot this year for the boys on the hill. At least they had the guts to stay up in a grade I guess unlike some other team :oops:

There has been 6 Strathalbyn players previously to make a Double Century and I believe a Mathew Hoffman in 1991 in the C Grade comp scored 334, but im not sure if any of the 6 players made their runs on the home ground..The Players are - A.Goldsworthy (209 v Langhorne Creek 1939), A.Borchers (207no v Ashbourne 1940), K.Perry (206 v Langhourne Creek 1950), A.C Beviss (205 v not sure 1934), F.Von Doussa (203 v Ashbourne 1909), J.Milnes (201 v Woodchester 1953) and an unlucky R.McEwen (198 v Woodchester 1934).
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:25 pm

If some gun plays down a grade due to work, family, exams or whatever wouldn't they bat themselves at 8 or something so as not to make a mockery of it?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Creeks defeated Ashbourne in their T20 tonight under lights at the Creek.
Creeks surprisingly sent into bat in the daylight got off to a flyer before making a bit of a mess of things to only manage 128.
Ashbourne also got off to a flyer racing to 0/21 off the first 8 balls of the innings before it was all down hill from there. Some pretty ordinary shot selection the cause of most wickets. Golding helping himself to 5/9 from 3 overs. Creeks unleashed a new recruit tonight. Bowled just the one over but had the local crowd a bit gobsmacked watching the batsman duck and weave trying to lay bat on ball. Will be interesting to see if this guy fronts up on some upcoming Saturdays? Ashbourne collapsed to be All Out fot for 64 off 12 overs.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Stinga » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Good to see that we are getting a reasonably comprehensive coverage and updates for the A&EH on their website. Here is a link - http://aehca.sa.cricket.com.au/ - Good to see this level of coverage, as opposed to the tripe in the Courier!

Covering not only the A Grade, but all senior grades as well. I know that one of the A Grade umps did something last year, but it only covered A Grade. To be honest I don't think English was the guy's first language, it was awful to read!
Stinga
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:11 am

Stinga wrote: I know that one of the A Grade umps did something last year, but it only covered A Grade. To be honest I don't think English was the guy's first language, it was awful to read!

Yes Big Brucey did his best to generate a bit of interest with his unique style of reviews and previews.
I certainly didnt agree with a lot of his views but i suppose it'd be a pretty boring world if we all thought the same.
I think the fantastic coverage we are receiving this year is as a result of our new MyCricket Administrator who has his finger on the pulse with all things cricket.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Stinga » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 am

Thanks for that JJ whoever the new guy is he is doing a great job.
Stinga
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby limb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:36 am

limb
Under 18s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Ramrod » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 am

Well 3 out of 3. Very interesting round of cricket. Lobethal vs Langhorne Creek. Well Lobey continue to Win and that is a credit to them, Well done to Langhorne creek on making 190 odd, Probably there best score for a while. It's unfortunate Warren cant play every week as he will be a big loss for Langhornes when footy comes around. Lobey have a well deserved break this week and Langhorne creek face ashbourne in a interesting contest. Ashbourne vs Woodside. Ashbourne didn't let me down terrific result for them, firstly to make 180 and then roll woodside again, well done to them. On to Woodside, they have some serious issues, without a doubt the biggest dissapointment of the year so far. Drop out of the 4 with that loss and to be honest if they dont sort out there batting thats where they might stay. They will have a chance to bounce back this week against a shaky Wistow. If they lose that there will be questions to answer. Wistow Vs Strath. Well there you go, Strath have absolutely destroyed Wistow. Not suprised by Strath winning however, Winning Outright is a shock. No scores have been put up from Wistow but imagine it wouldnt be good reading. Strath's bowling seems to be hitting its straps. This weeks Match against Nairne is Shaping up to be cracker. Big opportunity for Strath to extend there lead at the top of ladder.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Ramrod wrote:Well 3 out of 3. Very interesting round of cricket. Lobethal vs Langhorne Creek. Well Lobey continue to Win and that is a credit to them, Well done to Langhorne creek on making 190 odd, Probably there best score for a while. It's unfortunate Warren cant play every week as he will be a big loss for Langhornes when footy comes around. Lobey have a well deserved break this week and Langhorne creek face ashbourne in a interesting contest. Ashbourne vs Woodside. Ashbourne didn't let me down terrific result for them, firstly to make 180 and then roll woodside again, well done to them. On to Woodside, they have some serious issues, without a doubt the biggest dissapointment of the year so far. Drop out of the 4 with that loss and to be honest if they dont sort out there batting thats where they might stay. They will have a chance to bounce back this week against a shaky Wistow. If they lose that there will be questions to answer. Wistow Vs Strath. Well there you go, Strath have absolutely destroyed Wistow. Not suprised by Strath winning however, Winning Outright is a shock. No scores have been put up from Wistow but imagine it wouldnt be good reading. Strath's bowling seems to be hitting its straps. This weeks Match against Nairne is Shaping up to be cracker. Big opportunity for Strath to extend there lead at the top of ladder.

3 from 3 here as well.
For this week I think that Straths form has been outstanding, only beaten by a Lobethal team who is playing some very good cricket at the moment. I'm going with Strath to defeat Nairne in a good match. I just think their form has been better so far this season and they will want to make amends for their below par batting performance in last seasons GF.
Although Woodside's batting is letting them down at the moment I don't think Wistow have the bowling line up to contain it. Also, Wistow's batsmen will need to be on top of their game against a good Woodside bowling line up. Woodside should handle Wistow OK and secure a win.
Ashbourne and Langhorne Creek is a really interesting match and the result could go either way. Ashbourne will be buoyed by their win over Woodside and will be keen to carry on that form, although they were smashed by the Creek boys in the 20/20. Ill toss a coin and go with Ashbourne in a close one.
Lets just hope the weather doesn't interfere with what has been a good season to date.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:02 am

Ramrod wrote: Lobethal vs Langhorne Creek. Well Lobey continue to Win and that is a credit to them, Well done to Langhorne creek on making 190 odd, Probably there best score for a while. It's unfortunate Warren cant play every week as he will be a big loss for Langhornes when footy comes around. .

I can understand where you're coming from Ramrod with your "well done" on the Creeks for making 184 BUT in reality it was a VERY POOR effort apart from a 15 over period where Johnson and Warren hammered the Lobey bowlers to all parts putting on 114 at close to 8 rpo. At 2/133 off 25 overs they should NEVER EVER had lost from there. 2 long hops in consecutive balls combined with 2 mis timed pull shots and 2 brilliant catches at Mid Wicket by Weeks and Huxter changed the game in the blink of an eye as Warren & Johnson departed. Another long hop by Huxter then felled Golding who uncharacteristically batted without a helmet. Attempting to put the ball over the fence, he missed it and copped a fractured cheek bone to see him Retire Hurt. 3 TOP A Grade batsmen gone to long hops in 15 minutes of mayhem for the Creeks.
Full credit to the young Lobey side. Batted their overs out the 1st day to put a competitive score on the board and when they were being belted off the park, they accepted the opportunities that the Creeks missed on day 1 and were rewarded with a 3rd straight win.
For the Creeks, it's time for NO MORE EXCUSES and WINS need to be put on the board. There is too much talent there to just turn up and get rolled week in week out.
Well done again to Lobey but hard to see them being a serious contender with a steady bowling attack at best but they bat with tenacity and field well which can take a team a long way.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Ramrod » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:21 am

Well predictions for this weeks game are. Strath Vs Nairne. What a game this will be, i know it's early but i get the sense this game has a fair bit riding on it with Strath having a chance to extend there lead after smashing Wistow last week. Nairne on the other hand dont want that gap to get to big at all, as they would prefer a grand final on hard wicket if it came down to that. Both teams bowling has quality all the way down, Nairne's batting depth is probably just stronger. Which Hein brother will have the first success, I'm tipping Strath Just due to the fact it's there home game. Woodside Vs Wistow: Woodside need to Bounce back quickly, there batting has serious issues, they might get a bit of confidence against a depleted Wistow attack. Nettle for Wistow needs to take some or it will be a long day. Wistow last week must've been terrible, need to show some fight as they did against Nairne a couple weeks ago. Woodside to be to Strong in this one. Ashbourne vs Langhorne Creek. Well interesting game this, will goldy play with a cracked jaw? If he doesnt Ashbourne to win comfortably. Well done to Ashbourne for bowling out Woodside twice last game. There bowling might be to strong for Langhornes here. Ashbourne for me. Hopefully the rain Stays away
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Creeks might be hoping for a bit of rain this week to turn it into a 1 dayer.
Could be a bit depleted this week due to Weddings (FFS ) Car racing and Injury.
Then again Warren wont be available the 2nd week so the Creeks cant win either way.
jackpot jim
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps