Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby the joker » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Craig hulm the big signing at United?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:55 pm

the joker wrote:Craig hulm the big signing at United?

Huge signing if yes.. back to back div 1 medalist
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:01 pm

swingman wrote:Tough to dominate week in week out when your team only wins 3 games for the year and realistically. Bet if he played at HB this year people would have different opinions

Not questioning Solly's ability at all, or the fact that being in a poor team made it hard for him, but if you look at Ettridge from the year before at United, he kicked 70 odd goals in a team that was a lot worse. From the sidelines, his desire didn't seem quite enough, although this is only my opinion. Possibly a reason he's going back to Salisbury though? (not having a go at all, just what I thought from the few games I saw him)
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby swingman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
swingman wrote:Tough to dominate week in week out when your team only wins 3 games for the year and realistically. Bet if he played at HB this year people would have different opinions

Not questioning Solly's ability at all, or the fact that being in a poor team made it hard for him, but if you look at Ettridge from the year before at United, he kicked 70 odd goals in a team that was a lot worse. From the sidelines, his desire didn't seem quite enough, although this is only my opinion. Possibly a reason he's going back to Salisbury though? (not having a go at all, just what I thought from the few games I saw him)

From the few games I saw Ettridge isn't in the same league as Solly, Solly also played in the midfield parts of this year didn't he.

Solly kicked 39 and was in the best 7 times this year. Ettridge kicked 22 and was not in the best once. Could say Ettridges desire wasn't quiet enough aswell
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby swingman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
the joker wrote:Craig hulm the big signing at United?

Huge signing if yes.. back to back div 1 medalist

Didn't this rumor get around last year. Massive inclusion if true
swingman
Rookie

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:49 pm

swingman wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:

From the few games I saw Ettridge isn't in the same league as Solly, Solly also played in the midfield parts of this year didn't he.

Solly kicked 39 and was in the best 7 times this year. Ettridge kicked 22 and was not in the best once. Could say Ettridges desire wasn't quiet enough aswell

I doubt it was this year as well (as everyone could probably see from the few kegs he put on over the summer break), I'm talking about 2013 when he was one of the best forwards in the league
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:49 pm

swingman wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:

You could. Ettridge's 2014 wasn't a shadow of his 2013. Ended up playing in defence.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby hairy cat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Is it true United has Elijah ware this year not a good fit if true!
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Lame Choice » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:32 pm

I thought Shipway pretty much summed it up this morning on MMM for those that caught it.
A bit of perceived control on clubs that go over the top on recruitment and payments can't be a bad thing eh.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Snags » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:15 pm

hairy cat wrote:Is it true United has Elijah ware this year not a good fit if true!

Why would this be not a good fit?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby hairy cat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 pm

To be blunt snags my opinion he will milk em dry what would attract him to longies apart from coin we've seen it before
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:26 am

hairy cat wrote:To be blunt snags my opinion he will milk em dry what would attract him to longies apart from coin we've seen it before

A beautiful ground, yellow shorts?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pine Warmer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:36 am

So solly kicked 39 and played half the year through the middle? Sounds like a pretty good player to me!
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:44 am

Lame Choice wrote:I thought Shipway pretty much summed it up this morning on MMM for those that caught it.
A bit of perceived control on clubs that go over the top on recruitment and payments can't be a bad thing eh.

They're kidding themselves. Laws have been in place around tax evasion for ever and a day. The lack of investigation and capacity to do so is the issue.

Everyone knows which clubs are the main offenders (and in most cases we know exactly where/who the money is coming from and who the players are with their hand out), so if the SANFL and SACFL are actually serious about this issue why not investigate these clubs and start pinging them. Because its too hard and they don't have the resources/capability to do so. I fully appreciate that the managers of country footy in SA are attempting to tackle this issue, its great, but until they actually fine a club, whether it be financially or via premiership points, nothing will change. If and when that occurs, country footy in SA will have taken a massive step .
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 am

Pine Warmer wrote:So solly kicked 39 and played half the year through the middle? Sounds like a pretty good player to me!

The disappointing part for United is that he appeared to have barely broken into a canter.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:32 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:I thought Shipway pretty much summed it up this morning on MMM for those that caught it.

They're kidding themselves. Laws have been in place around tax evasion for ever and a day. The lack of investigation and capacity to do so is the issue.

Everyone knows which clubs are the main offenders (and in most cases we know exactly where/who the money is coming from and who the players are with their hand out), so if the SANFL and SACFL are actually serious about this issue why not investigate these clubs and start pinging them. Because its too hard and they don't have the resources/capability to do so. I fully appreciate that the managers of country footy in SA are attempting to tackle this issue, its great, but until they actually fine a club, whether it be financially or via premiership points, nothing will change. If and when that occurs, country footy in SA will have taken a massive step .

Good thing for Arg then swamp. Wouldn't want to see him in jail :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Step 1 is re-education and information to clubs and players. Contract form compliance etc. That is here and now.
Step 2 is club audits. That is coming.
The catalyst will be when a disgruntled player or club adminstrator signs a stat dec that discloses underhand payments.

Of course the CFL's interest is in club sustainability. Any penalty to clubs in real terms is more likely that they fold due to inability to keep the cash flow going. Or, other clubs in their league will fold because they cannot compete. The idea is to keep payments in check and have a club/league/zone program in place to attract and keep local players playing. Big money lifts the standards and squeezes these people out.

My view is that finishing bottom is acceptable if the club fosters a community environment that is inclusive to those who live there. If the family enjoys going to their sport on Saturdays, does a club really need to throw around volunteer/donor generated money for their own self indulgence?
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby swingman » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:53 pm

hairy cat wrote:To be blunt snags my opinion he will milk em dry what would attract him to longies apart from coin we've seen it before

And Craig Holme is going their because of their strong team culture and recent team success is he ?
swingman
Rookie

Postby Pine Warmer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Probably just the 1500 they threw in his general direction
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Lame Choice wrote:My view is that finishing bottom is acceptable if the club fosters a community environment that is inclusive to those who live there. If the family enjoys going to their sport on Saturdays, does a club really need to throw around volunteer/donor generated money for their own self indulgence?

Let's not forget senior footy is a competitive sport, it's not really acceptable to finish bottom.
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy