Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby shoe boy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:16 am

Luke15 wrote:So i am hearing, massive walkout at the Hawks. Back to square one again it looks like. How did the last 3 years of paying kids money work out for ya Hackham??? The big one i am hearing is Daniel Lee is signing with Christies because he is best mates withe Aiden Coakley. If true a nice pick up for Christies as they need a forward.

Is Daniel in a relationship with Marty's daughter?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby godra » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:48 am

Looking at Facebook, some big ins for 2015 for the MVFC. Will be a tough outfit next season.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:32 pm

The MVFC would like to welcome back the following players who have signed and committed for Season 2015

Tyrone Bennetts, Keegan Bennetts, Josh Sampson, Stuart Sampson, David Sampson, Liam Shrive, Nick Edwards, Connor McCormac, Kim Santos and
Michael Runting - (health permitting)

Stay tuned with more to come

There will be a 2015 Season information night on Thursday November 20 - all players required to attend, free BBQ at 6.30 with meeting at 7.00 - $4.00 beers
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:The MVFC would like to welcome back the following players who have signed and committed for Season 2015

Tyrone Bennetts, Keegan Bennetts, Josh Sampson, Stuart Sampson, David Sampson, Liam Shrive, Nick Edwards, Connor McCormac, Kim Santos and

There will be a 2015 Season information night on Thursday November 20 - all players required to attend, free BBQ at 6.30 with meeting at 7.00 - $4.00 beers

Out of this:

• Looks like the Pinnaroo crew return.
  • Where has Liam Shrive been?
  • Kim Billy Santos given up on Hackham already, or just contributing to the rumoured walk-out? Either way not a good look for Hackham or Santos
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Tiger83 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The MVFC would like to welcome back the following players who have signed and committed for Season 2015

Out of this:

• Looks like the Pinnaroo crew return.
  • Where has Liam Shrive been?
  • Kim Billy Santos given up on Hackham already, or just contributing to the rumoured walk-out? Either way not a good look for Hackham or Santos

How many of those named are AGraders though??
Santos played at MVFC this year i thought???
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby marbles » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:00 pm

so whats edwardstown doing?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:13 am

Connor McCormac played this year at MVFC ? He will love the $4 beers.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:06 am

Interesting story about Caleb Daniel in today's Tiser:

"At age six he was turned away from the Morphett Vale Football Club because he was considered too small to play in its under-8s team."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7118346942

Could be a costly stuff up over the coming years if he is drafted.

Which also brings into question how the Talent Compensation Payment would get split up in this case as he ended up at Edwardstown, who at that time were in the SAAFL.

The initial payment for a draftee is $5000 of which $2000 goes to the club, $1500 goes to the League and $1500 goes to the Zone.

For the Zone, would the $1500 go to the Amateur League or Southern Districts?
For the League, would the $1500 go the the Metro South junior Football League or the SFL?
The previous two questions would probably determine the next one, would the $2000 go to the Edwardstown Football Club or the Edwardstown Junior Sports Club (who he has never played for but are considered the continuing club by the MSJFL)?

Will be interesting to see if the SFL have any balls to stand up for themselves and for one of their member clubs.

The other oddball part of it is the SAAFL, SFL or Southern Districts zone are going to receive a fee even though the lad never stepped foot in any one of their competitions.

More follows with an additional $3000 payment after 10 games (broken up $1200, $900, $900)
and a $2000 payment after his second year (broken up $800, $600, $600)

Could potentially be a $4000 mistake by Morphett Vale, along with the intangible promotional benefits
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:58 am

NPG shopping himself around the SFL looking for the best money and has landed at the emus. Waiting for all those emus supporters to give me a rocket for daring to suggest they pay players huge fees (or is that just TVs?) but I can tell you categorically that this player did not come to your club cheaply
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 am

"At age six he was turned away from the Morphett Vale Football Club because he was considered too small to play in its under-8s team."

This would be because 6 year olds are not allowed to play Under 8's
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:51 am

Dutchy wrote:

But were they allowed to play back when Caleb was 6 years old? Believe he was playing SANFL under 18's at 15. Was a 14 year old in the under 16's at the start of that season.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby spanner » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:33 am

heater31 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

But were they allowed to play back when Caleb was 6 years old? Believe he was playing SANFL under 18's at 15. Was a 14 year old in the under 16's at the start of that season.

Having coached under 8s approx 12 years ago i had a 6 year old who was not allowed to play.
Thankfully he now plays A grade at Morphett Vale
spanner
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Snaparazzi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:39 am

Front & Centre wrote:NPG shopping himself around the SFL looking for the best money and has landed at the emus. Waiting for all those emus supporters to give me a rocket for daring to suggest they pay players huge fees (or is that just TVs?) but I can tell you categorically that this player did not come to your club cheaply

Interesting F&C, what do you suggest he signed at the Emu's for then, seeing you are categorically stating FACTS? You seem to be extremely well connected as this is new information to me? I look forward to your response :oops: :oops: :oops:
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:57 am

Dutchy wrote:

Was not enforced back then, all our clubs gave the kids a run
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby jet-airport » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Snaparazzi wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:NPG shopping himself around the SFL looking for the best money and has landed at the emus. Waiting for all those emus supporters to give me a rocket for daring to suggest they pay players huge fees (or is that just TVs?) but I can tell you categorically that this player did not come to your club cheaply

Interesting F&C, what do you suggest he signed at the Emu's for then, seeing you are categorically stating FACTS? You seem to be extremely well connected as this is new information to me? I look forward to your response :oops: :oops: :oops:

Front and Centre, geez u make some big statements........some would suggest if you appointed a A grade coach this year that had a big hand in getting NPG there the 1st time you would of had him again.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:40 pm

No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.
Thanks for the expected rocket Snappa. Not going to quote a $ amount but it would be a significant - I know the amount he was asking for to return to HV
I would estimate he would be earning more than most MV players and for a club whose hierarchy has preached over the years that they "dont pay players" I think you just made an exception.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby Snaparazzi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Front & Centre wrote:No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.
Thanks for the expected rocket Snappa. Not going to quote a $ amount but it would be a significant - I know the amount he was asking for to return to HV
I would estimate he would be earning more than most MV players and for a club whose hierarchy has preached over the years that they "dont pay players" I think you just made an exception.

Wouldn't have thought that was much of a rocket F&C, all I can say is you have no idea on this matter.

Valley in a bit of trouble with some key players leaving? Atleast 3 bonafide A graders, 1 that would take up multiple MV topline player payments as well as a couple long time servants, more to follow I believe. Do you expect to improve next year?
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Have heard rumours of HV needing to tighten their belt financially, any basis for this?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Snaparazzi wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.

Wouldn't have thought that was much of a rocket F&C, all I can say is you have no idea on this matter.

Valley in a bit of trouble with some key players leaving? Atleast 3 bonafide A graders, 1 that would take up multiple MV topline player payments as well as a couple long time servants, more to follow I believe. Do you expect to improve next year?

OK Snappa - think you will find I do have some idea.
Yes we have had some players leaving - McKenzie has gone to Plympton which I am sure will please many on this forum and there have been some retirements. Heard a former HV B grade coach now coaching in the South East offering big money again and Strathalbyn doing their annual begging to Jonny Eagleton so will see where that ends up. Doubt we will be bothering the clearance page but deep pockets can be attractive
We have also picked up a few and looks like we may have a few of our juniors heading back to the Valley - couple of these currently playing A grade at other SFL clubs. So yes we will be competitive
Name a club that isnt belt tightening Dutchy in these economic times. This hasnt affected player budget though
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:Have heard rumours of HV needing to tighten their belt financially, any basis for this?

Maybe they didn't sell enough raffle tickets
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL