Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby finn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 pm

marbles wrote:
finn wrote:There's been much discussion around Uni about what structure the SAAFL lower grades will have and what is best for the A grade. There's a view that perhaps the B grade should be playing in div 6 as opposed to 1 reserves due to the length of quarters replicating those in div 1 and that the overall quality of a grade sides (in div 6) may be higher than that in div 1 reserves (aside from goodwood/rocs). The view is that this would mean that b graders are exposed to a more consistent pressure game than 1 reserves. This decision may not be made until early December.
I'm guessing that Uni's c grade would play in a c grade specific competition should that emerge especially given the inconsistent nature of the c grade and the inability of the club to really predict the quality of player that will come out to the club. Having said that though, we've gone up in the past when we've been able to but the quality of div 6 to div 7 is higher.

its controversial but also quite logical. Your Div 6 side is actually your clubs second franchise side. shouldn't your second best players be here?

the equation has been trialled by henley in the late 70s, and i think the C-Grade were fielded into the Div 1 reserves. these boys inevitably copped thrashings and the set up had to be restored to As,Bs,Cs,Ds due to a denting participation rates

BUT your projection states your cgrade would play in a lower division? what side would fill your Div 1 reserves then?

Sorry, didn't explain this too well...we're looking at all possibilities as to where the C grade could play with the division 1 reserve option being investigated; this is the one where the b grade plays in div 6. But I'm guessing that we're more likely to be playing from div 6 down.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby marbles » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:14 pm

i think your bgraders would do fine in div 6

but i think your cgraders would get smashed in div1R - unless your CGraders trained at the same intensity levels as your A's & B's - then it could quite possibly work

maybe separate your A's to their own training and have a 50 man reserves squad (Bs & Cs)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby The Ash Man » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

What would happen in finals? If an A grader got dropped he wouldn't be able to play div 6. (I'm pretty sure)
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:01 pm

The Ash Man wrote:What would happen in finals? If an A grader got dropped he wouldn't be able to play div 6. (I'm pretty sure)

Presumably if they made the decision soon enough they would be able to work out a sensible solution with the League.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:59 pm

finn wrote:
marbles wrote:
finn wrote:There's been much discussion around Uni about what structure the SAAFL lower grades will have and what is best for the A grade. There's a view that perhaps the B grade should be playing in div 6 as opposed to 1 reserves due to the length of quarters replicating those in div 1 and that the overall quality of a grade sides (in div 6) may be higher than that in div 1 reserves (aside from goodwood/rocs). The view is that this would mean that b graders are exposed to a more consistent pressure game than 1 reserves. This decision may not be made until early December.
I'm guessing that Uni's c grade would play in a c grade specific competition should that emerge especially given the inconsistent nature of the c grade and the inability of the club to really predict the quality of player that will come out to the club. Having said that though, we've gone up in the past when we've been able to but the quality of div 6 to div 7 is higher.

its controversial but also quite logical. Your Div 6 side is actually your clubs second franchise side. shouldn't your second best players be here?

the equation has been trialled by henley in the late 70s, and i think the C-Grade were fielded into the Div 1 reserves. these boys inevitably copped thrashings and the set up had to be restored to As,Bs,Cs,Ds due to a denting participation rates

BUT your projection states your cgrade would play in a lower division? what side would fill your Div 1 reserves then?

Sorry, didn't explain this too well...we're looking at all possibilities as to where the C grade could play with the division 1 reserve option being investigated; this is the one where the b grade plays in div 6. But I'm guessing that we're more likely to be playing from div 6 down.

sandbagging??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:54 pm

marbles wrote:
finn wrote:
marbles wrote:

sandbagging??

At the risk of biting.....
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:16 pm

How sweet it is to have Div 7 nice and quiet with no one making big statements or being a tosser. C'mon marbles.... DO something. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:44 pm

In latest news yankman is being interviewed by western bulldogs to be their new director of coaching

Flinders uni starting preseason

And morell has has been hired by Telstra to best position their next phone tower

Meanwhile did north pines pay the fine?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:14 am

Yes they did
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby adr107 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 am

HDFC had their 'meet the coaches' night last night. Good night for a cold beer, dinner and to hear from our new coaching staff about the plan for 2015. Great night. Really looking forward to Jan 6...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Riddler » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:33 am

adr107 wrote:HDFC had their 'meet the coaches' night last night. Good night for a cold beer, dinner and to hear from our new coaching staff about the strategic plan for 2015. Great night. Really looking forward to Jan 6...

edited for accuracy adr107 :D
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:37 am

adr107 wrote:HDFC had their 'meet the coaches' night last night. Good night for a cold beer, dinner and to hear from our new coaching staff about the plan for 2015. Great night. Really looking forward to Jan 6...

AR did you name your new 10 grand sponsor Pal?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:38 am

The_Informer wrote:
adr107 wrote:HDFC had their 'meet the coaches' night last night. Good night for a cold beer, dinner and to hear from our new coaching staff about the plan for 2015. Great night. Really looking forward to Jan 6...

Well there's one new midfielder ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 am

The_Informer wrote:

Outstanding Garden Maintenance
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:15 am

Good work Q, lucky club to have him on board.

Didn't he dominate the forward lines for you blokes a couple of games last season.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The_Informer wrote:

Nope, that's my back pay.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am

The_Informer wrote:Good work Q, lucky club to have him on board.

Didn't he dominate the forward lines for you blokes a couple of games last season.

Everytime he kicked a goal, it was the loudest I've ever heard the crowd cheer at Houghton. That man is a cult hero.

I was joking about the sponsorship btw ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:59 am

Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Good work Q, lucky club to have him on board.

Everytime he kicked a goal, it was the loudest I've ever heard the crowd cheer at Houghton. That man is a cult hero.

I was joking about the sponsorship btw ;)

I know you were joking mate, its hard enough to get a beer out of him.

He does have a cult following and would of made a good forward for you blokes if he stuck it out!
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The_Informer wrote:

Nope, that's my back pay.

When did you hurt your back?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:28 pm

another off my tree question, but how would houghtons recruiting campaign go if their training sessions were held in metropolitan adelaide rather than asking new players to drive home down mount everest at 8pm at night

if a central accessible location was established for training would the club be more appealing to new players, removing the factor of travelling through mountain goat country landscapes just to get to the ground over & over every week?
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League