29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:48 am

Groover wrote:The only solution is to stamp out player payments at an amateur level, but we all know that could not and would not ever happen.

That would require defining what the amateur level is.

I think this is already happening anyway, I am not aware of much in the way of player payments at reserves and junior level.

People just need to accept that A-Grade football is semi-professional sport, and should be treated as such.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:53 am

Groover wrote:I guess I feel like I have to reply to a few comments on here as I have bitten my tongue long enough.
I for one can totally understand the hatred and critical comments we are copping as a club from a lot of outsiders looking in and can also understand the fact that this whole situation has played out horribly since the start of 2014.
But as someone who is involved in the process I can see that our club doesn't have much choice then to welcome back anyone who is willing to pull on a jumper in 2015.
To be honest, what happened in 2014 was embarassing, humiliating and definitely something that disappointed a lot of past players, current players and supporters after we worked hard as a collective to have our chance to try and match it in div3 (where we had never been before).
As things eventuated the circumstances put in front of us were brutal and we dealt with those the best way we saw fit.
There was no way we could have predicted in 2013 that everyone (bar a couple) would leave us in the situation of 2014 and there is no doubt that we could never have predicted the current situation that is now unfolding.
This whole series of events has left a bitter taste in the mouth of many, and what has happened will be a tag brahma has to go on living with.
From a club point of view, the only way forward is to focus on the short term to make sure we are still here in 3-5years (hence the recruitment of past players)
One thing I do hope we can do though is learn from these mistakes, get a junior club up and running so hopefully in 5 years time we can sustain our numbers and quality from within rather than relying on trying to gain others who may have some allegences elsewhere.
If this can happen, then the mistakes of the past shal not be repeated, and as a club we may be entitled to win back the respect of all the outsiders looking in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Groover as LM said no one will have a go at you as you hung around and didn't run off for a bigger pay cheque elsewhere and then when it got tough there went to the next pay cheque.
If these blokes were all about the club then why didn't they come back middle of last season when you needed them the most after leaving there country club?
I respect you pal as you hung around and toughed it out and im sure once the big fella gets back that Juniors will be at the forefront of his mind to get up and running.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Boosh » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 am

The_Informer wrote:
citycoaster17 wrote:I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program.
To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides
. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.

And that you can respect, not clubs who just bring out the big cheque book and then rub it in the faces off clubs who don't think people should be getting paid in Div 6.

These blokes who jump from club to club for money are just killing the hard work of loyal club men.

Seems to be a common theme here Brahma people, no one likes a team that rubs people's face in it when they are winning.

No one likes the fact that you have cheated the system, but it also appears no one likes you because < edited, why make it personal?>

When you are winning next season please at least learn that lesson.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:57 am

Boosh dont spread ya self to thin in the forums save some of that for div 4 :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 am

Ok...

It's one thing to hang shit on the club for not learning their lesson but it's another to make it personal.

There are some very good people at Brahma. There are no doubt also some knobs at Brahma.

There are some very good people at Haven, your clubs is also not without it's knobs and you know it.

If we could please keep the discussion relevant to the club and leave reference to it's people out of the conversation that'd be great.

I think some people are just using this as an excuse to have a crack for the sake of having a crack. *cough* WUB, Jetters - cough*
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:24 am

Since everyone thinks brahma has a massive cheque book. What would be an acceptable amount to pay out for the year.

Just want to add that I wouldn't know exact numbers that players are being paid but have a rough idea of what most clubs would pay.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby jo172 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:26 am

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Since everyone thinks brahma has a massive cheque book. What would be an acceptable amount to pay out for the year.

Div 6? Less than $16,000
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:27 am

in div 6?

How about squat...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:28 am

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Since everyone thinks brahma has a massive cheque book. What would be an acceptable amount to pay out for the year.

Just want to add that I wouldn't know exact numbers that players are being paid but have a rough idea of what most clubs would pay.

Nothing lol. play for the jumper and a beer card after the game, 3,2,1 paid for A grade at the club Sat night.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby jo172 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:28 am

Footy Chick wrote:in div 6?

How about squat...

2-3 playing assistant coaches I think is reasonable (so long as they're actually contributing something as coaches)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Riddler » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 am

Footy Chick wrote:Ok...

It's one thing to hang shit on the club for not learning their lesson but it's another to make it personal.

There are some very good people at Brahma. There are no doubt also some knobs at Brahma.

There are some very good people at Haven, your clubs is also not without it's knobs and you know it.

If we could please keep the discussion relevant to the club and leave reference to it's people out of the conversation that'd be great.

I think some people are just using this as an excuse to have a crack for the sake of having a crack. *cough* WUB, Jetters - cough*

:lol:
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:34 am

My point is.. is that every club has knobs - no need to single out knobs of a particular club!

now off you go, back to the SANFL forum with the other nutbags ;)

Footy Chick

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:34 am

It's the dollar chasers that you attract that give everyone that impression.

Let's face it, you went from rags to riches thanks to Payney and his Eastern Park connections which in turn attracted more players from Salisbury West, I have no problems with clubs paying players, if you are fortunate enough to have the dollars rolling in you can spend it however you like.
It does make me cringe though when clubs can sustain it, I'm not one for forking out money for just rocking up, dangle the carrots in the best player awards.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:35 am

To be honest and i probably live in dream world, but in Div 6 i don't think anyone should be paid.

I think you can look after subs and throw in a club polo and that.

Give a beer card for use Sat night after the game and 3,2,1 for the best A graders.

Yes my club will be in for a tough season but at least you will have players at the club playing for the right reasons and enjoying there football with mates.

If clubs are going to base there success on how deep there pockets are then we are in a lot of trouble.

If you are good enough to demand big money in this grade how about you go play a higher grade and test yourself?

Like i said, i am in dream world.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:45 am

country clubs started it and local clubs joined in now here we are cant blame anyone for going for the cash loyality died around the same time most of you finished up football and to people currently playing still it died 5-8 years ago :) its all about the $$$$$ now
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 am

City clubs have always been doing it. I don't believe in this city/country divide regarding player payments.
I can remember my club losing players to bigger clubs, particularly ones closer to the city, when I was a kid; just as I remember my club losing players to the near country comps.
It's a furphy that country clubs started this stuff.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:28 am

The_Informer wrote:Yes my club will be in for a tough season but at least you will have players at the club playing for the right reasons and enjoying there football with mates.

How has the response been from this year's contracted players, they sticking around?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 am

Robb_Stark wrote:country clubs started it and local clubs joined in now here we are cant blame anyone for going for the cash loyality died around the same time most of you finished up football and to people currently playing still it died 5-8 years ago :) its all about the $$$$$ now

I thought it was about the base, no treble ;)
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:39 am

Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Yes my club will be in for a tough season but at least you will have players at the club playing for the right reasons and enjoying there football with mates.

How has the response been from this year's contracted players, they sticking around?

I don't make the call mate, that is up to the committee, that is just my thoughts, i do know of 2 that have definitely left already.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:42 am

The_Informer wrote:
Q. wrote:

I don't make the call mate, that is up to the committee, that is just my thoughts, i do know of 2 that have definitely left already.

Fair enough. Football directors should have a big say ;)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League