29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Cohiba » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Diknbones wrote:I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.

But begging to be downgraded two divisions for fear of being "smacked" has most questioning your courage Camille......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby twobob » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Diknbones wrote:Talk of the town in November.. Wow. Talk about us when we're winning, talk about us when we're losing.. Didn't know so many of you had nothing better to do. Bring on the footy then we'll see who makes the most noise in the playground :D

Just remember to stay on the little swings until you become big boys again
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:39 pm

X Runna wrote:Ran into a BL player from this season who was quite proud to tell me every BL A Grade player next season is being paid.......

That's a lie. I know I won't recieve a cent for playing
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby EddieV » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Diknbones wrote:I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.

But begging to be downgraded two divisions for fear of being "smacked" has most questioning your courage Camille......

It was a fear of actually not having a club more then getting smacked, as it turned out we had players who played in our C grade the season before who were then forced through the situation to play A grade Div 5. We all seen the results of how that went and would hate to imagine how this would have played out if the club was in any higher division.

This is a compliment to those players who stood up each week to play well out of their depth, knowing what the result was going to be but going out there anyway. There were actually times that players were playing and I actually felt worried about their physical safety on the football field.

Would everyone prefer that the SAAFL didnt allow BLFC to recruit any players for a period of time and continue down through Div 6 without winning (probable result if we didn't have any players coming in) and then down to the bottom of Div 7 and then what? Perhaps it would have been better to fold for a season or just have a single team and then start at Div 7 and try working our way back up?
EddieV
Under 18s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:01 pm

LOL been a while since Brahma had this many active posters at once!

Times must be looking good down at Tiger land :lol:
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:17 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:LOL been a while since Brahma had this many active posters at once!

i dont think Kilburn had a single person post during the season of shame they had made the record books for all the wrong reasons ......but go on throw that mud :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:25 pm

1. Not all clubs pay players, you got spanked twice by a side last year that doesnt pay players
2. "Let the footy do the talking" maybe you blokes should have done that, rather than taking the easy option and piking it down the grades. You would have won more games in divvy 3 ironically, at least Kilburn were there..
3. Having said that, I personally dont have grievances with clubs paying players, its just clubs that cant sustain it yet continue to do it that irks me
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Cohiba » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:28 pm

EddieV wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

It was a fear of actually not having a club more then getting smacked, as it turned out we had players who played in our C grade the season before who were then forced through the situation to play A grade Div 5. We all seen the results of how that went and would hate to imagine how this would have played out if the club was in any higher division.

This is a compliment to those players who stood up each week to play well out of their depth, knowing what the result was going to be but going out there anyway. There were actually times that players were playing and I actually felt worried about their physical safety on the football field.

Would everyone prefer that the SAAFL didnt allow BLFC to recruit any players for a period of time and continue down through Div 6 without winning (probable result if we didn't have any players coming in) and then down to the bottom of Div 7 and then what? Perhaps it would have been better to fold for a season or just have a single team and then start at Div 7 and try working our way back up?

That all and good Eddie.....Everyone understands BL's predicament.... But for DikH....to be "mouthing off", he's hardly in a position to preaching about others cleaning up the backyards......is he......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Jetters » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:35 pm

The Brahma Lodge people just don't get it.

There's nothing wrong with paying players (imo), IF you can do it sustainably. Pay what you can afford.

Your issue is you have ONLY paid players, the ONLY reason these people were playing for your club was because you paid them, nothing else (evidently).

@Groover, I do understand your situation, your club is poorly administrated, and your club offers no value to its A grade players (outside of $$).

To fix your situation, you are choosing to go back down the path that got you in this position in the first place, continue to pay disloyal pea-heart, players and again and blow your false bubble of 'success'. You are not entitled to success.

Groover, if you are a committed, loyal player I would be disgusted at what your admin has done, and would walk out if they again choose to support the disloyal rather than the committed like yourself.

What gives everyone the shits is you've cheated the system. Loyal, honest volunteers and players bust their guts for their clubs and you've robbed them for a chance for success when you were winning and you are going to cheat them all again this year. Plus, you have taken the piss out of the SAAFL's display of good faith who have given your club a chance to rebuild and you are going to spit it back in their face.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:37 pm

I agree with CatchistheCry, Brahma may compete for premiership points this year, but not eligible for finals. If they come 2nd they get promoted, but dont get a chance in the big dance
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:LOL been a while since Brahma had this many active posters at once!

i dont think Kilburn had a single person post during the season of shame they had made the record books for all the wrong reasons ......but go on throw that mud :)

I'm cricket buddy, nothing to do with footy since I played juniors there.
Last edited by no_remorse28 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:52 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

I'm cricket buddy, nothing to do with footy - couldn't play if I tried haha!

sounds like you are a true kilburn man ohh wait only in the cricket season........................football who kilburn who
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby unknown source » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:12 pm

timmy alosi kicked 10 in 9 a side tonight at brahma club gave him 20 bucks a goal
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time

Postby unknown source » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:14 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Haha! Was that your average losing margin last year? From memory a 92 point GF loss in 2013 by you wasn't much better.

oh 2013 the year we went to div 4 with you lot. lost round one to golden grove by 20 goals then beat you twice then knocked golden grove out the finals and made the grand final from 4th. pretty good year i say
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby unknown source » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
citycoaster17 wrote:I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program. To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.

A big difference, Brahma Lodge has not done it the hard way, they spent up big, became successful, stopped spending, got flogged.

Doing it the hard way is keeping 20 or so 100 game players that stick together through success and failure and play for the guernsey.

we spent last year so there goes that theory but nice try :)
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby unknown source » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:18 pm

brahma have one bad year out of 6 and everyone kick em while there down now were looking good and people still crying..

go talk about something else smh its november
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby eric » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Nth Haven people commenting on Brahma spending money when they've offered 4 blokes the whole of Brahmas footy budget.. Lol
Stick the boots in boys, we love it. Keep kicking us. It's all good. Swings an round abouts you know.
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby carey » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Welcome back Unknown, Welcome back.

You my friend have been sadly missed! :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:35 pm

unknown source wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Haha! Was that your average losing margin last year? From memory a 92 point GF loss in 2013 by you wasn't much better.

oh 2013 the year we went to div 4 with you lot. lost round one to golden grove by 20 goals then beat you twice then knocked golden grove out the finals and made the grand final from 4th. pretty good year i say

Can you remind me how you went in the grand final?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:48 pm

carey wrote:Welcome back Unknown, Welcome back.

You my friend have been sadly missed! :lol:

By whom?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League