HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby R. White » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:56 am

Not sure that is the way the law works. The law is never black and white but I am sure that in a case like this Echunga will have the upper hand. How do they decide who understood what, and where does it end? Does the mum of a u15 kid get a vote?

Sounds like the vote will go against the 11 team comp (not surprising) and I would expect Echunga to win the legal battle therefore bridgewater go down. This is not good for the league either, they have done a lot of work and will continue to improve on the back of their volunteers hard work.
I've said it before, tv should go down! I have heard that the Hugh's boys are sick of there old man spending their inheritance so when he does eventually pull the funding they will go anyway.
The fact that the competition is in this position proves that the league has evolved and is getting stronger, the rules need to evolve with it.
R. White
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby backdoor » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Hey don't blame the clubs if Echunga get relegated, the by laws definitely need reviewing and updating which is what will happen over the coming months. One question I have is why did Echunga play a couple of their better players in both B's and A grade later in the season? Could it be that they also understood the by law to mean minor round games only like many other clubs do??

I don't agree they should be relegated but I think their argument based on the by laws will be a long shot, and if many clubs understand it to mean something else is it really fair Bridgewater are relegated?
backdoor
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:47 pm

backdoor wrote:Hey don't blame the clubs if Echunga get relegated, the by laws definitely need reviewing and updating which is what will happen over the coming months. One question I have is why did Echunga play a couple of their better players in both B's and A grade later in the season? Could it be that they also understood the by law to mean minor round games only like many other clubs do??

I don't agree they should be relegated but I think their argument based on the by laws will be a long shot, and if many clubs understand it to mean something else is it really fair Bridgewater are relegated?

We have argued this before, all the games count and logic says that a B-Grade game should be easier to won than an A-Grade finals game. Remember they were bottom of the points at that stage and were desperate for every point that was available. Playing a stronger B-Grade game when they were in danger of being relegated is in now way any sort of proof that they were accepting your interpretation of the rule.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby R. White » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:37 am

Definatly not far that bridgewater get relegated. The only reason tv avoided it was paying huge $$$ to one player. Some am say money well spent but again tv have all their eggs in one basket. When he decides to leave they are in trouble again. F the clubs vote to stick to a 10 team comp, they need to grow some balls and vote for it to be the best 10 clubs. Echunga is clearly in the top 10.
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:13 am

R. White wrote:Definatly not far that bridgewater get relegated. The only reason tv avoided it was paying huge $$$ to one player. Some am say money well spent but again tv have all their eggs in one basket. When he decides to leave they are in trouble again. F the clubs vote to stick to a 10 team comp, they need to grow some balls and vote for it to be the best 10 clubs. Echunga is clearly in the top 10.

Agree it should be TV getting relegated based on they had to play 6-7 permit players each week in their junior grades to avoid forfeiting games, plus they haven't had modis teams for at least 3 years so there is nothing coming through for the future. Echunga at least have U9 & U11 teams & Bridgewater have U8, U9, U10 & U11 sides.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Legs Man » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:58 am

Re TV
Also bear in mind that TV played with 18 points when they had finished above Echunga in 2013 ( playing in the higher comp )
The HFL stated no extra points were to be allocated from the initial amount provided this year but true to form gave TV extra being an increase to 18.
This is not a level playing field particularly when the outcome is so crucial.
Why has the league propped them up in so many areas ?
Is TV oval really of a high enough standard for Central matches - it wasn't when the crucial relegation match was played there.
This also occurred after the HFL conveyed they would assess the ground resulting in the match only being played there after rolling and ground remediation.
Of course this didn't occur as no way was any machinery getting onto the oval - and when attempted only resulting in deep ruts being created and worsening the surface.
Final result was as they had already purchased the pies and pasties the match was played on a bog and TV again given an advantage.
Has anyone got any views as to why TV seems to be a club that the HFL will assist more than other Hills clubs?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby chopper7 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:39 am

Cam Hitchcock signed at the Banker$ would be worth 4 points as well, does anyone know how many points they have to play with next year. They have also stitched up a key defender, De Visser, would be worth another 3 points. Jars not mucking around
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:45 am

Why did you use a $ sign when typing Bankers Chopper? Surely these players were attracted by the outstanding facilities on offer at Thunder Park.

I believe Ironbank have 13pts to play with.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 am

chopper7 wrote:Cam Hitchcock signed at the Banker$ would be worth 4 points as well, does anyone know how many points they have to play with next year. They have also stitched up a key defender, De Visser, would be worth another 3 points. Jars not mucking around

Geez nice pick up for the bankers there. I believe mots and the other aboriginal lad are the only people points players they had left and they are 2 each now. Don't think there other recruits from last year have stayed. Is cam Hitchcock 5 cos he was on an afl list last year?
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby 19thman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Why did you use a $ sign when typing Bankers Chopper? Surely these players were attracted by the outstanding facilities on offer at Thunder Park.

I don't reckon the Ironbank facilities are too bad. Small oval but good deck and good size sheds! A lot better than some other centrals clubs
19thman

Postby Pag » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:24 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
chopper7 wrote:Cam Hitchcock signed at the Banker$ would be worth 4 points as well, does anyone know how many points they have to play with next year. They have also stitched up a key defender, De Visser, would be worth another 3 points. Jars not mucking around

Geez nice pick up for the bankers there. I believe mots and the other aboriginal lad are the only people points players they had left and they are 2 each now. Don't think there other recruits from last year have stayed. Is cam Hitchcock 5 cos he was on an afl list last year?

Would be 4 as the majority of his games were at SANFL level.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby chopper7 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:24 pm

19thman wrote:
Yellow & Black wrote:Why did you use a $ sign when typing Bankers Chopper? Surely these players were attracted by the outstanding facilities on offer at Thunder Park.

I don't reckon the Ironbank facilities are too bad. Small oval but good deck and good size sheds! A lot better than some other centrals clubs

You having a lend here 19th Man?

Yellow & black apparently just playing for the love of the game and a pair of shorts and socks
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby Whos ya daddy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:05 pm

chopper7 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Any more recruiting news going around?

Blackwood picking up bricknell and Thompson should improve them significantly, even if they lost their recruits from last year.

Lobey would almost be equal favorites with echunga next year with their pick ups to add onto their local strength.

Surely barker will pick up a few handy players, especially with block in charge and can imagine hahndorf will be much improved next year.

Should make for a really good comp next year once again. Have heard Gordon may be leaving lofty, any truth to that rumor?

Gordon getting on a bit so maybe he thought he couldn't keep up with the central div pace.
Have heard Luke Carey is down at the crows sanfl side training, I would think he would get a run so that would be a big lose for the demons. Also Lindsey has gone down to the MSE comp. Couple of big outs.
Onkas cranking up pre season in 2 weeks, no doubt McGahey will get those boys very fit so Onkas could be a surprise packet if they add to their squad. Any news on Uris? They would only have 3 points to play with if my maths add up.... And providing previous recruits (Delvins and Ivans) go around again.

This comment makes me wonder, how early should you be starting Preseason?
To me anything before Christmas is way too early and to be starting in November is just plain ridiculous :shock: (we're not the AFL). Half of Port Power's list aren't even starting their preseason until the start of December and that's their job. I know as a player the couple of times we had to start preseason before Christmas, I was starting to get sick of footy before we even made it to Rd 1.

Surely Players can get themselves fit over the summer and then start preseason in late Jan, Early Feb.
Whos ya daddy

Been liked: 0 time

Postby chopper7 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Whos ya daddy wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Blackwood picking up bricknell and Thompson should improve them significantly, even if they lost their recruits from last year.

Lobey would almost be equal favorites with echunga next year with their pick ups to add onto their local strength.

Surely barker will pick up a few handy players, especially with block in charge and can imagine hahndorf will be much improved next year.

Should make for a really good comp next year once again. Have heard Gordon may be leaving lofty, any truth to that rumor?

Gordon getting on a bit so maybe he thought he couldn't keep up with the central div pace.
Have heard Luke Carey is down at the crows sanfl side training, I would think he would get a run so that would be a big lose for the demons. Also Lindsey has gone down to the MSE comp. Couple of big outs.
Onkas cranking up pre season in 2 weeks, no doubt McGahey will get those boys very fit so Onkas could be a surprise packet if they add to their squad. Any news on Uris? They would only have 3 points to play with if my maths add up.... And providing previous recruits (Delvins and Ivans) go around again.

To me anything before Christmas is way too early and to be starting in November is just plain ridiculous :shock: (we're not the AFL). Half of Port Power's list aren't even starting their preseason until the start of December and that's their job. I know as a player the couple of times we had to start preseason before Christmas, I was starting to get sick of footy before we even made it to Rd 1.

Surely Players can get themselves fit over the summer and then start preseason in late Jan, Early Feb.

Beg to differ daddy, if you have a keen playing group that want to get stuck into some fitness work before Xmas then why stop them? Trust me it is a lot easier running around with a whole group of mates getting fit rather than doing it all by yourself. Even if it is only one or two nights a week then there is no harm in it at all. We won't be bringing the footys out until middle of Jan, times have changed since you were running around I think.
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby 19thman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:20 pm

chopper7 wrote:
19thman wrote:

Yellow & black apparently just playing for the love of the game and a pair of shorts and socks

facilities are better than Bridgewater, Blackwood, Mt Barker, Mt Lofty and Torrens Valley.
On par with Hahndorf, Uraidla.
Onkas, Lobey, Echunga are probably better.

What's the problem with it? bit tight on parking but i reckon a good deck, the grassy pitch out the front of the home change rooms are a nice touch, good sized rooms.
Showers weren't amazing but i've had worse!
19thman

Postby 19thman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Whos ya daddy wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Beg to differ daddy, if you have a keen playing group that want to get stuck into some fitness work before Xmas then why stop them? Trust me it is a lot easier running around with a whole group of mates getting fit rather than doing it all by yourself. Even if it is only one or two nights a week then there is no harm in it at all. We won't be bringing the footys out until middle of Jan, times have changed since you were running around I think.

Don't Uraidla start preseason around Feb? April usually sounds about right to me
19thman

Postby cracka » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 am

19thman wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
19thman wrote:

facilities are better than Bridgewater, Blackwood, Mt Barker, Mt Lofty and Torrens Valley.

What's the problem with it? bit tight on parking but i reckon a good deck, the grassy pitch out the front of the home change rooms are a nice touch, good sized rooms.

Would make an interesting survey to see who had the best facilities if clubs voted on other clubs changerooms, clubrooms, canteen, playing surface, parking etc.
cracka
Veteran

Postby chopper7 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:10 am

19thman wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
19thman wrote:

The visitors room is a shed, with terrible showers and one corner is full of unused gym gear. The little grass spot is useless, fair enough it is good for Ironbank to warm up on but besides that where do the visitors warm up? Dodging cars in the car park is what they have to do. I think blackwoods would be slightly better and even mt loftys would be slightly better. At least you can use the high school out the back for a decent warm up:
Any way it is a never ending debate.

Any other news on recruiting?
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:21 am

chopper7 wrote:
19thman wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
19thman wrote:

The visitors room is a shed, with terrible showers and one corner is full of unused gym gear. The little grass spot is useless, fair enough it is good for Ironbank to warm up on but besides that where do the visitors warm up? Dodging cars in the car park is what they have to do. I think blackwoods would be slightly better and even mt loftys would be slightly better. At least you can use the high school out the back for a decent warm up:

Do you remember when both teams had to share that shed & showers & there was a hession rug that hung between the 2 teams when warming up.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Keefy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:20 am

cracka wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
19thman wrote:
chopper7 wrote:[quote="19thman"]

Do you remember when both teams had to share that shed & showers & there was a hession rug that hung between the 2 teams when warming up.[/quote]

And were one of the lucky ones if you got a shower that had some sort of warmth in it too
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy