Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby carey » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
carey wrote:Welcome back Unknown, Welcome back.

You my friend have been sadly missed! :lol:

By whom?

Most defiantly me! And I'm sure plenty of others :lol:

Especially after a dozen cans.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:12 pm

unknown source wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Haha! Was that your average losing margin last year? From memory a 92 point GF loss in 2013 by you wasn't much better.

oh 2013 the year we went to div 4 with you lot. lost round one to golden grove by 20 goals then beat you twice then knocked golden grove out the finals and made the grand final from 4th. pretty good year i say

Then went down 2 divs without playing a game
Difference is we are still in div 4.
After 12 months off I thought your IQ may have improved.
I feel sorry for Groover
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Old Fellow » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Heard of another comp that if a team gets dropped down a number of grades when they weren't supposed to, one of the conditions placed on the club before thay are demoted is that they can't recruit any of the players who left the club for the same number of seasons as grades dropped i.e. dropping from grade 3 to 5, being 3 grades the club can't register any of the players who left creating the issue for 3 seasons. That's the general gist of it. Stops the ex-players, who have a heart the size of a pea, but an open wallet wanting it stuffed, from coming back and glory hunting and making a mockery of everything. If the club can recruit new player, that's their choice.

Maybe the league needs to look into a system similar to stop these situations from occurring. You can't rely on all clubs making correct moral decisions so the league needs to make them on their behalf. Read that the new president who replaced Gino last year was going to do wonders for the clubs and the comp, but I am sure if BL does make a mockery of this situation it will not go down as one of his successful achievements in his first year on his CV.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby superboot7 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm very much a hater of BL, so if the comment is sink the boots in guys we love it is all the rage!!

After reading the comment about north haven spending heaps of cash on 4 players...my response to that is good on them as they have the ability to do so and I can't remember the last time north haven asked to be dropped into easier divisions because it all got to hard!

Havens had a big loss of players at one stage but took there medicine, banded together and pulled through resulting in 3 reserves grand finals in a row and a grand final birth in the A grade and a promotion! It's like a few posters have said.... BL just don't spend the money right [color=#FF0000]<edited - no need to get personal>[/color]

I would hate to be involved in a club like BL who show no respect to the faithful. All your victories are hollow and I hope the slide or battle continues!
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby eric » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:34 pm

That's fine By us mate cos we'd probably hate to have ya..
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby BFG » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Fantastic reading guys. My thoughts on the subject:

Brahma Lodge (the loyal club people and administrators) are victim of the one thing that is more dangerous than money in amateur clubs and that is poor recruiting. Paying 800 bucks for an Ex- SANFL gun might sound excessive but if this player ends up playing 150-200 games and being a club legend then you'd have to say that its been more than worthwhile. Good players are attracted to a good club culture and the club culture is fostered by recruiting quality people.

This year the lodge are in a no win position. They can either choose to try and build a team around its current crop with maybe a handful of previously untried recruits and likely be relegated to div 7 which can be tough to find your way out of and you also run the risk of losing more players and (worst case scenario) fold. This scenario preserves or at least doesn't diminish the reputation of the club around the league.

OR

They can welcome back past players looking to return for financial reasons or others. They have possibly another 3-4 years of success with that same group and in the meantime hope you can attract a younger generation that eventually replace them. This scenario ensures that BL remain one of the most despised clubs in the SAAFL.

To be completely honest if i was in this position and it was my club in this pickle, it would be very, very hard to take option 1. While I' sure many (including myself) would be angry if the Lodge get these players back and are head and shoulders above everyone else in div 6 next year. Making the decision to be terrible for 3- 4 years before improving over improving straight away would be one that few clubs around the league would make.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Masha » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:57 pm

I haven't been at the club since last year (moved due to work) but it appears to be a case of the club trying to stop the rot, rather than continue the slide and potentially not have a club at all in the future. I can understand the hate, the club certainly had players and spectators who rubbed it in. But believe me, there are good, hard working people behind the scenes.
I just hope that they are not going to break the bank in the recruitment of these players. And for the sake of the clubs future, I hope they stick around for a few years at least, rather than potentially using it as a quick dash for cash.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby eric » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:53 am

It's only a handful of past players returning, most of which have played nigh on 100 games for the club and one who's father is also a Brahma past player. I not sure why all the carry on.
Not sure if you are referring to Brahma Lodge when you mention $800 for an ex SANFL player but I can assure you that has never happened at the lodge although I know one club who has an interest in this thread ha paid that much for one bloke.. I think they've merged now.. So it worked well.
As for you other peanuts saying we should take our medicine. Lol
Div 3 to Div 6 in one season and losing 36 games in the middle, I guess that's some medicine. We should have stayed in div 3 and got spanked by 100 goals a week. Pffft.. You idiots!
As a past player of the club, to which I came to from a div 1 club, and now passionate club member, if you think I will sit idly by and watch my club slip away you are fools. If donating my time to raise funds, recruit players and putting my hand in my own pocket means my club can get back some of its past success then I will do it.. I doubt any of you if you love your clubs would do any different.
eric

Postby superboot7 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Very noble to keep putting ya hand in ya own pocket to pay players to stay a year... Bit like paying a hooker because you think if you pay them enuff.... Maybe they'll love and stay with me! Bahahaha!

Who's the idiot!

Maybe a way of getting all the lads together for a premiership reunion would be through skype.
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Cohiba » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Diknbones wrote:It's only a handful of past players returning, most of which have played nigh on 100 games for the club and one who's father is also a Brahma past player. I not sure why all the carry on.
Not sure if you are referring to Brahma Lodge when you mention $800 for an ex SANFL player but I can assure you that has never happened at the lodge although I know one club who has an interest in this thread ha paid that much for one bloke.. I think they've merged now.. So it worked well.
Div 3 to Div 6 in one season and losing 36 games in the middle, I guess that's some medicine. We should have stayed in div 3 and got spanked by 100 goals a week. Pffft.. You idiots!
As a past player of the club, to which I came to from a div 1 club, and now passionate club member, if you think I will sit idly by and watch my club slip away you are fools. If donating my time to raise funds, recruit players and putting my hand in my own pocket means my club can get back some of its past success then I will do it.. I doubt any of you if you love your clubs would do any different.

There there now Dicky ...... :goodman: .....passion has nothing to do with poor governance..... Perhaps if you "manned" up rather than taking the soft option......much of derision BL is copping now..... would disappear......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby eric » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Lol.. Hookers and manning up? Sure you guys aren't dating?
eric

Postby Cohiba » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Diknbones wrote:Lol.. Hookers and manning up? Sure you guys aren't dating?

"Hookers" .......totally academic laddie......You can't afford it.......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby carey » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Some quality posting going on! I like it.......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jetters » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Diknbones wrote:It's only a handful of past players returning, most of which have played nigh on 100 games for the club and one who's father is also a Brahma past player. I not sure why all the carry on.

So your disloyal, pea-heart players have played 100+ games and have family ties to the club!!!?

What is wrong with your football club!?
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:31 pm

of all the stupid posts...

Jetters, get out of this thread. You'll go on holidays if I see another post from you in here. You're providing nothing to this discussion except trolling.

Given that there is 4 grades between you and Blodge, I'm not sure why you're concerning yourself so much.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Browny25 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Cohiba wrote:

There there now Dicky ...... :goodman: .....passion has nothing to do with poor governance..... Perhaps if you "manned" up rather than taking the soft option......much of derision BL is copping now..... would disappear......

At the end of the day the final decision was made the league, and was instigated by both parties.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Browny25 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:05 pm

superboot7 wrote:Very noble to keep putting ya hand in ya own pocket to pay players to stay a year... Bit like paying a hooker because you think if you pay them enuff.... Maybe they'll love and stay with me! Bahahaha!

Who's the idiot!

Maybe a way of getting all the lads together for a premiership reunion would be through skype.

With the points system in place, wouldnt the smart option be to recruit and target players that are worth 0 points?
Browny25
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 pm

superboot7 wrote:I'm very much a hater of BL, so if the comment is sink the boots in guys we love it is all the rage!!

After reading the comment about north haven spending heaps of cash on 4 players...my response to that is good on them as they have the ability to do so and I can't remember the last time north haven asked to be dropped into easier divisions because it all got to hard!

Havens had a big loss of players at one stage but took there medicine, banded together and pulled through resulting in 3 reserves grand finals in a row and a grand final birth in the A grade and a promotion! It's like a few posters have said.... BL just don't spend the money right <edited - no need to get personal>

I would hate to be involved in a club like BL who show no respect to the faithful. All your victories are hollow and I hope the slide or battle continues!

Which club are you from superboot? Havens?
Browny25
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:23 pm

BFG wrote:Fantastic reading guys. My thoughts on the subject:

Brahma Lodge (the loyal club people and administrators) are victim of the one thing that is more dangerous than money in amateur clubs and that is poor recruiting. Paying 800 bucks for an Ex- SANFL gun might sound excessive but if this player ends up playing 150-200 games and being a club legend then you'd have to say that its been more than worthwhile. Good players are attracted to a good club culture and the club culture is fostered by recruiting quality people.

This year the lodge are in a no win position. They can either choose to try and build a team around its current crop with maybe a handful of previously untried recruits and likely be relegated to div 7 which can be tough to find your way out of and you also run the risk of losing more players and (worst case scenario) fold. This scenario preserves or at least doesn't diminish the reputation of the club around the league.

OR

They can welcome back past players looking to return for financial reasons or others. They have possibly another 3-4 years of success with that same group and in the meantime hope you can attract a younger generation that eventually replace them. This scenario ensures that BL remain one of the most despised clubs in the SAAFL.

To be completely honest if i was in this position and it was my club in this pickle, it would be very, very hard to take option 1. While I' sure many (including myself) would be angry if the Lodge get these players back and are head and shoulders above everyone else in div 6 next year. Making the decision to be terrible for 3- 4 years before improving over improving straight away would be one that few clubs around the league would make.

Nicely put BFG

Option 1 purely isnt an option, if we were to do this then I fear that we'd have no club.

We need to recruit players, MY club does not have a flourishing junior program where each year we have another 15 kids wanting to play senior footy. Perhaps this is the major issue at our club? I know personally that seeing a successful junior program is a long term goal, however in an ageing area and competiting with the likes of salisbury, eastern park, modbury, golden grove, TTG - I see this is as an extremley difficult project.

Perhaps recruiting those that left us in the past is a bad move, only time will tell, but providing them with a different direction and culture is all we can do to ensure that they make BL home for the remainder of their careers.
Browny25
Coach

Postby Boosh » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Diknbones wrote:Nth Haven people commenting on Brahma spending money when they've offered 4 blokes the whole of Brahmas footy budget.. Lol
Stick the boots in boys, we love it. Keep kicking us. It's all good. Swings an round abouts you know.

Which four would that be? And what is this princely sum?

North Haven have a budget set by the executive committee and the football department work within it.

I have no issue with BL paying players, just an issue with some of those players and BL picking their grade.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh earlier but some of those blokes were utterly ridiculous in their behaviour when they were beating us by big margins.

Maybe you will find a way of teaching them some humility and hopefully that is what your intentions are.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League