Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Postby JK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Again Port unhappy with a deal that they signed!

Questions need to be asked of the administration who continue to enter agreements that are detrimental to their business!!!

....while they were still under the control of the SANFL.

The licence had not been sold, no "actual" date for the licence sale was in place.

That was Port's own doing though, they could have brokered the sale of license much earlier than they did.

I think there's some transparency needed here. Total Revenue needs to be listed, per body, then compared against what was agreed. If that doesn't match, then it needs to be rectified immediately. If it does match, then I'd imagine the footy clubs would hope to re-negotiate but would expect the SMA and SANFL to stand their ground until big brother leans on them.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:33 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Again Port unhappy with a deal that they signed!

Questions need to be asked of the administration who continue to enter agreements that are detrimental to their business!!!

....while they were still under the control of the SANFL.

The licence had not been sold, no "actual" date for the licence sale was in place.

That was Port's own doing though, they could have brokered the sale of license much earlier than they did.

I think there's some transparency needed here. Total Revenue needs to be listed, per body, then compared against what was agreed. If that doesn't match, then it needs to be rectified immediately. If it does match, then I'd imagine the footy clubs would hope to re-negotiate but would expect the SMA and SANFL to stand their ground until big brother leans on them.

I would be interested to see the revenue and really we cant comment either way until we have some actual numbers tp work with.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Port also significantly increased its football spend in 2014
Port also chose to discount memberships to get people thru the door in 2014
Port acknowledge they got a $4m uplift from the AO in 2014
Port still lost $2m

There are many more factors to making a profit/loss than stadium deal, yet that is what everyone is focusing on?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3580 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:Port also significantly increased its football spend in 2014
Port still lost $2m

There are many more factors to making a profit/loss than stadium deal, yet that is what everyone is focusing on?

So are you know going to start about the crows?

You also forgot to mention that the $4m uplift is what was project with a average crowd of 35,000.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:16 pm

kickinit wrote:
Port still lost $2m

You also forgot to mention that the $4m uplift is what was project with a average crowd of 35,000.

WTF are you on?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Port still lost $2m

WTF are you on?

Nothing, but seems like you are. You've done nothing but bag Port, who isn't the only party complaining about the deal.

Maybe you should take off the Kermit mask and have a look at the whole situation not just the points you want to.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Crows are not squealing like Port
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:Crows are not squealing like Port

Nah cause they get free rent. Still living with mum and dad.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Rod Hook having a few words now.
stan
Coach

Postby kickinit » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:37 pm

stan wrote:Rod Hook having a few words now.

A couple of interesting statements from the article

“A representative from each club on the SMA would have been the smart thing,” Hook said.

“But the SANFL — that was (then) the holder of the Crows and Power licences — would not have it

The Advertiser understands the SANFL scored a bigger “financial uplift” than either the Crows (almost $3 million) or Power (almost $4 million) in the move from Football Park. The league’s gain was almost $4.5 million.

So much for a lean stadium management that will bring the $$ back to the clubs, looks more of a money grabbing pit for the SANFL.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby the milky bar kid » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:55 pm

From my understanding the Crows & Port are not looking for more money in the dollar from AO. All both clubs are looking for is the crowd cap to be removed for when each club stops making money from the deal. The Crows cap was about 38k & Ports roughly 33k to my knowledge, after that 100% of takings go to the SANFL & the SMA.
It strikes me as fair, that if the teams are bringing larger crowds, that they should be entitled to their slice of that (the % that they earn to the dollar, not all of it)

The deal was hastily put together last season to ensure it was ready for round 1 with the intent to be reviewed at the seasons end picking up any bugs in the system.
Obviously unless those bugs make good $$$ for someone :roll:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:00 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:From my understanding the Crows & Port are not looking for more money in the dollar from AO. All both clubs are looking for is the crowd cap to be removed for when each club stops making money from the deal. The Crows cap was about 38k & Ports roughly 33k to my knowledge, after that 100% of takings go to the SANFL & the SMA.
It strikes me as fair, that if the teams are bringing larger crowds, that they should be entitled to their slice of that (the % that they earn to the dollar, not all of it)

The deal was hastily put together last season to ensure it was ready for round 1 with the intent to be reviewed at the seasons end picking up any bugs in the system.

Im staggered that both clubs would sign a deal like that. And whilst it hurts to defend the AFL clubs, IF, the agreement is as you say then yes it needs to be amended. Madness that Port don't make anything from the additional 17k people, or the Crows from the additional 12k, that have regularly come through the turnstyle..
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:33 pm

JK wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:From my understanding the Crows & Port are not looking for more money in the dollar from AO. All both clubs are looking for is the crowd cap to be removed for when each club stops making money from the deal. The Crows cap was about 38k & Ports roughly 33k to my knowledge, after that 100% of takings go to the SANFL & the SMA.

Im staggered that both clubs would sign a deal like that. And whilst it hurts to defend the AFL clubs, IF, the agreement is as you say then yes it needs to be amended. Madness that Port don't make anything from the additional 17k people, or the Crows from the additional 12k, that have regularly come through the turnstyle..

Yeah its like they dont get numbers and stuff.

Although Port dont normally have accesz to computers. Joking joking, just having my daily dig a Port and the ferals that follow them [emoji6]
stan
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:54 pm

It's all a big game, the crows and port used their power, tricks and manipulation to weave reserves sides into the SANFL.

In the meanwhile the SANFL managed to get a better deal for themselves with stadium and all a sudden the AFL clubs squel like pigs.

Badluck you lost out on this one despite having all the facts and documents infront of you, it's only your presumptions that make this seem like such a bad deal.

Eat it!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2540 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kickinit » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 pm

whufc wrote:It's all a big game, the crows and port used their power, tricks and manipulation to weave reserves sides into the SANFL.

In the meanwhile the SANFL managed to get a better deal for themselves with stadium and all a sudden the AFL clubs squel like pigs.

Badluck you lost out on this one despite having all the facts and documents infront of you, it's only your presumptions that make this seem like such a bad deal.

Eat it!!

You mean like put everything on offer to the sanfl clubs who agreed to and signed off on the terms.

What we had in front of us was a deal purely setup to support the people who at the time owned us and, we also had the leaders of the league we played in wanting us to sign it and worry about it down the track.

What the SANFL have now done has shown how incompetent they are, plus have put themselves on the back foot for any support in the future.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 pm

kickinit wrote:
What the SANFL have now done has shown how incompetent they are, plus have put themselves on the back foot for any support in the future.

Yeah they have done nothing for Port, wish I could get a $14m loan that I didnt have to pay back... :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Yeah they have done nothing for Port, wish I could get a $14m loan that I didnt have to pay back... :roll:

Yep sounds like about another 6-7 years of this deal should clear what the Power owes South Australian football
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2426 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Oh oh wait a sec but the initial deal Port signed to get in the AFL and thought they would deal with later was unfair as well

Is there a dumber sporting franchise in Australia that repeatedly make the same mistakes

It's only in the last couple of years that they think they have worked out their own identity :lol: :lol:

Even that's still questionable

Well I'm off to get a new house loan, gonna sign whatever contract com bank put in front of me, ill head back there in 6 months time and try and renegotiate the t&c with them then if my presumptions aren't correct.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2540 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kickinit » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:

SANFL owned Port's license, they could of easily said no. When you own any business and something goes bad you make the decision to pump in the money or cut it loose. When you look at the figures and the money coming in is outweighing what you have to pump in, you pump the money. Because the one thing your forgetting Dutchy is that have made the SANFl a hell of a lot more then $14m.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 pm

whufc wrote:Oh oh wait a sec but the initial deal Port signed to get in the AFL and thought they would deal with later was unfair as well

Is there a dumber sporting franchise in Australia that repeatedly make the same mistakes

It's only in the last couple of years that they think they have worked out their own identity :lol: :lol:

Even that's still questionable

Well I'm off to get a new house loan, gonna sign whatever contract com bank put in front of me, ill head back there in 6 months time and try and renegotiate the t&c with them then if my presumptions aren't correct.

But hang on is it ok for the bank turn around a couple months of signing that contract and say our fees have change from $500 to now $10,000, so you will be required to pay an extra $9,500?

You do realise (even though you and duchy seem to blind to see it) but the crows are also in the same situation?
kickinit
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL