2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:29 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
The analyst wrote:The fees paid by AFL clubs back to the SANFL clubs for drafted players needs to accurately reflect the investment made by that SANFL club on his development. At the moment it is no where near adequate. When that is lifted then the salary cap can be lifted.

Exactly. Tiered payments based on what round they're drafted in, bonus payments for Brownlow finishes, that kind of thing.

Especially now that losing a player in the draft also means that there is a chance he will be an opposition player against you the next season
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby stan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 pm

dedja wrote:
Dutchy wrote:No Hitchcock for the Bays -

The IBCGFC is very pleased to announce the signing of Cameron Hitchcock and Cam De Visser.
Cameron Hitchcock was drafted by Port Adelaide in 2010 and played 35 games kicking 31 goals he also played 38 SANFL games kicking 66 goals.
Cam De Visser is a key defender who played SANFL football for South Adelaide and was an All-Australian amateur in 2011.
Both players are 24 years old.
Welcome to the IBCGFC lads.

Good faarking riddance ...

The competition just improved as a whole.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:31 pm

stan wrote:
dedja wrote:

The IBCGFC is very pleased to announce the signing of Cameron Hitchcock and Cam De Visser.
Cameron Hitchcock was drafted by Port Adelaide in 2010 and played 35 games kicking 31 goals he also played 38 SANFL games kicking 66 goals.
Cam De Visser is a key defender who played SANFL football for South Adelaide and was an All-Australian amateur in 2011.

Not whilst Butcher is still running around
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rising Power » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:05 am

heater31 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Bruggemann staying at Alberton confirmed...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2756/

What bullshit did they spin to him this time? Maybe they sent S.Summerton around to his house to have a chat....

No SANFL club wanted him prior to 2014 (or obviously not enough to get him to sign), why should he leave?
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Grahaml » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 am

Rising Power wrote:
heater31 wrote:

What bullshit did they spin to him this time? Maybe they sent S.Summerton around to his house to have a chat....

No SANFL club wanted him prior to 2014 (or obviously not enough to get him to sign), why should he leave?

So he can be picked on merit and not based on what AFL listed players are available?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Rising Power » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:40 am

Grahaml wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
heater31 wrote:

So he can be picked on merit and not based on what AFL listed players are available?

Pretty sure he knew the deal when he signed up and was probably expecting to spend the bulk of the season in the SANFL reserves. Why didn't any other club pick him up first? I assume the Eagles cut their ties with him but any scouts out there would have had to be blind not to see him. He absolutely tore it up for Mallala last year.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby stan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 am

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
dedja wrote:

Not whilst Butcher is still running around

It will be his turn next year to get the boot.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am

Rising Power wrote: Pretty sure he knew the deal when he signed up and was probably expecting to spend the bulk of the season in the SANFL reserves. Why didn't any other club pick him up first? I assume the Eagles cut their ties with him but any scouts out there would have had to be blind not to see him. He absolutely tore it up for Mallala last year.

It doesn't matter that the Eagles didn't pick him up. What matters is what the club that picked him up did with him for the most important game of the season. I'm sure the fact that he "knew the deal" was consolation to him...

However, his decision to stay reflects a strong character, so good luck to him.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Rising Power » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:45 am

Agreed
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Rising Power wrote: Pretty sure he knew the deal when he signed up and was probably expecting to spend the bulk of the season in the SANFL reserves. Why didn't any other club pick him up first? I assume the Eagles cut their ties with him but any scouts out there would have had to be blind not to see him. He absolutely tore it up for Mallala last year.

It doesn't matter that the Eagles didn't pick him up. What matters is what the club that picked him up did with him for the most important game of the season. I'm sure the fact that he "knew the deal" was consolation to him...

Not the first nor the last hard luck Grand final story. It does reflect strong character though, so good on him.

I will add this, the inclusion of Ryder to Port's AFL side will send a tall back to SANFL level, Butcher ( no need to say anything here! ) falls further down the pecking order and Redden is making his way back.

Good on Gus for sticking around.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

Not the first nor the last hard luck Grand final story.

Would be in this situation though, being based on rules and not ability or selectors
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby JohnnyG » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:31 pm

I guess Bruggermann is happy to play for only $100 per game for the Port reserves reserves side and $400 per game for any Power reserves games he gets to play in.
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Recent article on the SANFL website about how Sturt and the Eagles are leading the way in using 'home grown talent'

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2759/

Godden reveals the reasons behind the Eagles strategy of only recruiting locally and of poaching other clubs players. Basically confirms the lazy attitude of the club when it comes to recruiting (and that he is ok with this) in that the club would prefer to remain risk averse rather than backing its judgement and taking a punt on interstate players. Also reveals there is currently a lack of junior talent at the club.

Hopefully I am wrong but I honestly can't see the club winning another premiership with Godden at the helm.

Straight from the horses mouth from
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Rising Power » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

JohnnyG wrote:I guess Bruggermann is happy to play for only $100 per game for the Port reserves reserves side and $400 per game for any Power reserves games he gets to play in.

Insert 'Thankyou Captain Obvious' statement here.

So what is the evil AFL reserves reserves team offering that real/pure SANFL clubs can't or won't? Heads should roll for this.

He's the perfect example of the diamond in the rough that the Crows and Power will be restricted to recruiting from within the SANFL clubs' own backyards. Might be worth reviewing the reviewed rules.

Anyway, good on him. Good on Aseri, good on Ben. Good on everyone.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby FOOTY TALK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm

saintal wrote:The South Adelaide Football Club advises that the following players will not be continuing in 2015 –

Frazer Dale, recruited from Carlton, 20 games, 8 goals

Todd McKay, Port Noarlunga, 33 games, 8 goals

John McDonald, recruited from Sturt, 18 games, 7 goals (23 games previously with Sturt)

Cam De Visser, recruited from Sacred Heart OCFC, 9 games, 6 goals

South Adelaide General Manager – Football Neill Sharpe said it’s always disappointing when players decide to move on.

“SANFL football is a serious competition and requires a genuine commitment and a real passion to play at the level. We’re disappointed that Todd McKay and Frazer Dale have decided to move on as we think their best football is ahead of them. Unfortunately the demands of the competition aren’t for everyone.

“John McDonald and Cam De Visser have had some injury issues in recent seasons and are at stages in their working life where they feel they need to concentrate on their careers.

“We thank Frazer, Todd, John and Cam for their contribution to South Adelaide and wish them all the best in their future endeavours.”

From what I hear Brooksby will be next .port power(magpies) bound what I hear
FOOTY TALK
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Hazbeen » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:20 am

JohnnyG wrote:I guess Bruggermann is happy to play for only $100 per game for the Port reserves reserves side and $400 per game for any Power reserves games he gets to play in.

Or go back to mallala if not selected for $1K+
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby holden78 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 am

Mr Fuller wrote:Recent article on the SANFL website about how Sturt and the Eagles are leading the way in using 'home grown talent'

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2759/

Godden reveals the reasons behind the Eagles strategy of only recruiting locally and of poaching other clubs players. Basically confirms the lazy attitude of the club when it comes to recruiting (and that he is ok with this) in that the club would prefer to remain risk averse rather than backing its judgement and taking a punt on interstate players. Also reveals there is currently a lack of junior talent at the club.

Hopefully I am wrong but I honestly can't see the club winning another premiership with Godden at the helm.

Straight from the horses mouth from

Yeh Hentchel and Godden have zero confidence now since choosing Eddy over Cachia a couple of years back! That's not one you get over especially when it cost the club very good $ for 0.0 return!!

These guys know the local league and are in the comfort zone in SA plus really how are they going to package up playing in this state with a decent job? All too hard especially when the Candy Crows drop their discards each year ie. Thompson, Petrenko and McKernan.

Lazy? Yes Sir! But priority No. 1 is plenty of recruits from anywhere because the Eagles have more issues then the state treasurer!
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:33 pm

I don't know much about the eagles recruiting, but...
if they have picked up aseri rakawasa they have got a beauty!!!

he is a terrific lad and a very very good player, who was on the brink of being afl listed only a year or so ago...
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Big Phil » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:27 pm

lovethefooty wrote:I don't know much about the eagles recruiting, but...
if they have picked up aseri rakawasa they have got a beauty!!!

he is a terrific lad and a very very good player, who was on the brink of being afl listed only a year or so ago...

But then subsequently could not get into the Magpies League / Power Reserves side and played Academy / Reserves football, until being injured...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:49 pm

this maybe true big phil.
but let me tell you he is an absolute beauty...
and when fit and confident will be the best full back in the competition!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL