29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby morell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:any other stupid questions?
What are you doing this year chief? Putting in a big pre season?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Real Number 3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:34 pm

morell wrote:

haha we'll see after meet the coach day this sunday my friend. quite content to sporadically train preseason and captain the b's again (hopefully)

what about your fine self? will the knees hold up for 1 more go?
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby beeroclock » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Ingle Farm been good the last two years, why bottom two predictions? Other sides going to improve that much or you really think that a few players was holding that club together? :?

Lots of big outs there.
Quality players too.
Pretty sure they have moved onto higher grades.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:52 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:
The Real Number 3 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:So how many players from Mawsons have followed Wayne Knowles to Brahma for coin??

1. and it's no big loss anyway... hardly around the club and only needs 1 hit to the head and he is not playing footy again. But hey, if Knowlesy wants to pay him $300/$350 per game, good luck to the pair of them!

Unfortunately in a couple of seasons Brahma will be in the poop again.
One Mawson lad got offered $100 a game and a $50 drink voucher and knocked it back.
It's not the way to go.

absolutely no doubt. hopefully blokes like matty (BL b grade coach last year) and kris jones don't get f*cked over by all these blokes "coming" back.

Matty will still be coaching the B grade in 2015 and Kris announced his retirement at the end of the season (although I reckon he will play in the c grade next season) so not sure how you think these two will be screwed over by returning players?? Mr Brown on the other hand hmmm.....
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Real Number 3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm

I meant by matty losing the b grade job. you've cleared it up, all good. absolute legend is mj, taught me everything!
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby X Runna » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:20 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:there really was only 1 who played c grade all year that was A grade quality and that was Clegg. O'Gorman played c's as it was his first attempts at playing after serious knee surgery. Reid is a near on 50yo who, once injured, decided to play the last qtr of the yr with his fellow 50yo mates because they all prob will retire. And nisbet played C's because McCammon was the A grade ruckman and Santos was the B grade ruckman.

Clegg wanted to play with his best mate Nisbet. We'd much rather them play together in the C's rather than leaving altogether.

any other stupid questions?

What a load of bullshit. The whole world knows your side was STACKED in the last 6 weeks or so....
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Informer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:56 pm

X Runna wrote:
The Real Number 3 wrote:there really was only 1 who played c grade all year that was A grade quality and that was Clegg. O'Gorman played c's as it was his first attempts at playing after serious knee surgery. Reid is a near on 50yo who, once injured, decided to play the last qtr of the yr with his fellow 50yo mates because they all prob will retire. And nisbet played C's because McCammon was the A grade ruckman and Santos was the B grade ruckman.

Clegg wanted to play with his best mate Nisbet. We'd much rather them play together in the C's rather than leaving altogether.

any other stupid questions?

What a load of bullshit. The whole world knows your side was STACKED in the last 6 weeks or so....

Mate you are quite welcome to look at the team sheets for the last six weeks and tell me who these STACKED players were. I know straight sets burns deep for you.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Informer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:
The Real Number 3 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:
The Real Number 3 wrote:1. and it's no big loss anyway... hardly around the club and only needs 1 hit to the head and he is not playing footy again. But hey, if Knowlesy wants to pay him $300/$350 per game, good luck to the pair of them!

One Mawson lad got offered $100 a game and a $50 drink voucher and knocked it back.
It's not the way to go.

absolutely no doubt. hopefully blokes like matty (BL b grade coach last year) and kris jones don't get f*cked over by all these blokes "coming" back.

Matty will still be coaching the B grade in 2015 and Kris announced his retirement at the end of the season (although I reckon he will play in the c grade next season) so not sure how you think these two will be screwed over by returning players?? Mr Brown on the other hand hmmm.....

Did you re apply for the job this season?
You did well to put your hand up to coach last season under trying conditions and what have been a lot easier for you this season with the list you will have.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Bigshow82 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:07 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:
The Real Number 3 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:[quote="The Real Number 3"]
1. and it's no big loss anyway... hardly around the club and only needs 1 hit to the head and he is not playing footy again. But hey, if Knowlesy wants to pay him $300/$350 per game, good luck to the pair of them!

It's not the way to go.

Did you re apply for the job this season?
You did well to put your hand up to coach last season under trying conditions and what have been a lot easier for you this season with the list you will have.[/quote]
I did apply to coach them again but wasn't what they were looking for. I wish the blokes that toughed it out last season all the best, I hope these blokes get to taste some success. I've been lucky enough to pick up the Salisbury North B grade job.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:55 am

I think it would be too early to predict where each club will finish. It's still 2014 and they're is plenty of time for clearances and retirements. You'd think that if you had to go by 2014 results that West Croydon and Fitzroy will be up there as early contenders. But you also have to be weary of teams coming down from Div 5 and coming up from Div 7 (As long as they can recruit well and add to their list).
With all the gossip and innuendos about BL and the money they have to throw around. If that is all true then they to will be up there to win the flag. But dont count out Trinity, Lockleys and Central United (they are possibly quite dangerous at home).
Im not sure about the ins and outs (as it is still very early for clearances) for Ingle Farm and Mawsons. But have heard whispers of players leaving.
If I had to make a choice on my tip to win, it would go to West Croydon and I reckon Smithfield will take up the wooden spoon. But like I said I havent seen or heard of clearances to clubs as of yet.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:00 am

On another note about Mawson Lakes so called stacking up their C grade towards the end of the home and away season. They did nothing wrong by the league. Its allowed for every club to play players in any grade the players feel like playing in (he he he bit of a tongue twister). If that player has the skill to play in a higher grade but chooses to play with his mates. Or if he hasnt been available for most of the seasaon due to work or family committments. Well that's their choice and no-one should say a bad thing about it.
I say congrats to the C grade and Rob would've been feeling quite good about his chances with the list of quality blokes at his disposal. Any club would do the same if they were in the same position. There is no rule that says you cant have quality players playing a lower grade. As long as they play the right amount of games to qualify for finals then they are doing the right thing. I say to those on here that are whinging about Mawson stacking their C grade. GET OVER IT.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

The Real Number 3 wrote:
morell wrote:

haha we'll see after meet the coach day this sunday my friend. quite content to sporadically train preseason and captain the b's again (hopefully)

what about your fine self? will the knees hold up for 1 more go?

Funny you say that, the year before last where I played B Grade all year was bar none the most enjoyable year of footy I have ever had - great times! Lot to be said for having a kick and a catch with mates, being all done by 2pm and then either having some drinks on the sidelines or heading somewhere else.

RE knees - met with the surgeon last week and I am on the list firstly for a clean out of the old LARS stuff and a meniscus trim, then later for a reconstruction. So 18 months away, 3 years total from injury to fix - yay for public health.

I figure **** it, might as well trash the bejesus out of it before it gets fixed up then retire! So yep I'll try and run around again and beguile the opposition with my wit and charm.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Who cares if Mawsons played old blokes in the C grade, not the first and wont be the last to do so.. They won the flag in C4, let them enjoy it..

West Croydon would have to be the team to beat this year, barring any major loss of players
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:45 pm

[quote="human_torpedo"]Who cares if Mawsons played old blokes in the C grade, not the first and wont be the last to do so.. They won the flag in C4, let them enjoy it..

West Croydon would have to be the team to beat this year, barring any major loss of players
Totally agree with ya there Torps. Why winge about it and just go about your business as normal. Sounds like sour grapes from those who didnt win eh??
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I think it would be too early to predict where each club will finish. I.

and the Captain Obvious award goes to.... :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby giffo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:On another note about Mawson Lakes so called stacking up their C grade towards the end of the home and away season. They did nothing wrong by the league. Its allowed for every club to play players in any grade the players feel like playing in (he he he bit of a tongue twister). If that player has the skill to play in a higher grade but chooses to play with his mates. Or if he hasnt been available for most of the seasaon due to work or family committments. Well that's their choice and no-one should say a bad thing about it.
I say congrats to the C grade and Rob would've been feeling quite good about his chances with the list of quality blokes at his disposal. Any club would do the same if they were in the same position. There is no rule that says you cant have quality players playing a lower grade. As long as they play the right amount of games to qualify for finals then they are doing the right thing. I say to those on here that are whinging about Mawson stacking their C grade. GET OVER IT.

I know that at least two players where granted qualifications/permits because of a flaw in the Sporting Pulse system that allowed Mawson Lakes to submit teamsheets for their forfeits gifting them enough games to tip the scales in their favour. Probably a few others managed to get enough "games" this way as well.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:55 pm

giffo wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:On another note about Mawson Lakes so called stacking up their C grade towards the end of the home and away season. They did nothing wrong by the league. Its allowed for every club to play players in any grade the players feel like playing in (he he he bit of a tongue twister). If that player has the skill to play in a higher grade but chooses to play with his mates. Or if he hasnt been available for most of the seasaon due to work or family committments. Well that's their choice and no-one should say a bad thing about it.

I know that at least two players where granted qualifications/permits because of a flaw in the Sporting Pulse system that allowed Mawson Lakes to submit teamsheets for their forfeits gifting them enough games to tip the scales in their favour. Probably a few others managed to get enough "games" this way as well.

Boy they must have a smart footy director to decide to forfeit against the two top teams in a row so they could put in team sheets with all these guys on it to make sure they qualified to play at least 6 weeks away.
Its bloody C4 move on, sorry Mawson Lakes older blokes had more experience than others. Was ok when Naley tore Lakes a new one earlier in the season in C4?
The Informer
Reserves

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:56 pm

giffo wrote:

Also if you want to keep going over old ground maybe if you didn't run up and down the wing complaining about it all game and actually got the footy things may have been different.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:14 pm

How are you informer? Are you kicking on again next season? Are you still hanging around at Mawsons?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby great catch » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I think it would be too early to predict where each club will finish. It's still 2014 and they're is plenty of time for clearances and retirements. You'd think that if you had to go by 2014 results that West Croydon and Fitzroy will be up there as early contenders. But you also have to be weary of teams coming down from Div 5 and coming up from Div 7 (As long as they can recruit well and add to their list).
With all the gossip and innuendos about BL and the money they have to throw around. If that is all true then they to will be up there to win the flag. But dont count out Trinity, Lockleys and Central United (they are possibly quite dangerous at home).
Im not sure about the ins and outs (as it is still very early for clearances) for Ingle Farm and Mawsons. But have heard whispers of players leaving.
If I had to make a choice on my tip to win, it would go to West Croydon and I reckon Smithfield will take up the wooden spoon. But like I said I havent seen or heard of clearances to clubs as of yet.

Mate if your tip is for Smithfield to be wooden spoon wow that's a bit to far I'm sure a few more players will come along and seems they smashed every team last year I'm sure if a few more players at to the list then top 4 is we're they will be
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League