HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby redsox » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Take the broken record of the turntable Legs Man and follow the rules put in place for ALL teams and go back to the Country Div.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Legs Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:19 pm

As stated previously I feel it is inappropriate to comment on any persons personal life or situation.
Certainly agree that degrading attacks on Facebook are not called for.
My view on the handling of the relegation and other matters regarding hills footy are simply my take on it.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby On The Pine » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:21 pm

Agree Echunga shouldn't be relegated to Country but Legs, you make it impossible to not be amused by the situation. Maybe the SFL would be a good option after all. Plus I never read that thread!
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Legs Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:57 pm

On The Pine wrote:Agree Echunga shouldn't be relegated to Country but Legs, you make it impossible to not be amused by the situation. Maybe the SFL would be a good option after all. Plus I never read that thread!

Would it be a shorter drive than Sedan Cambrai?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby On The Pine » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Legs Man wrote:
On The Pine wrote:Agree Echunga shouldn't be relegated to Country but Legs, you make it impossible to not be amused by the situation. Maybe the SFL would be a good option after all. Plus I never read that thread!

Would it be a shorter drive than Sedan Cambrai?

Win-win?
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times

Postby Legs Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:29 pm

I actually don't mind the drive to Sedan / Cambrai as it only occurs once a year and they are a club struggling for existence.
They should be supported as Callington should have also.
Their facilities are on par with TV and have a better bar then Bridgey!
They have volunteers who put time and effort into keeping their club going and providing their community and supporters an avenue to sport.
It is not a viable makeup of a league overall when you have a situation where the reigning premier of the top tier Central competition plays a side in this type of predicament.
Surely the clubs and HFL must see what scenario this presents and if they are truly serious about their agenda of promoting a football competition in the aspect of "club" sense then they are not seeing the big picture.
If their opinion and direction is to uphold the by laws and constitution, as deemed by the Community Football investigation ruling, then they need to find a method of changing how the competition is structured across all clubs to enable this league to reach as many participants as possible and to promote the Australian Rules code.
By retaining the current unfolding scenario does not do any of the clubs that are struggling for numbers any favours and makes next years Central comp of lesser value.
This is something we all have to consider as patrons of this great sport.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby citycoaster17 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Legs Man, just stop already. Do the club some good and put a ban on yourself on this forum. As an Echunga supporter, I'm embarrassed!!!
Last edited by citycoaster17 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Legs Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:25 pm

citycoaster17 wrote:Legs Man, just stop already. Do the club some good and put a ban on yourself on this forum. As an ad bungs supporter, I'm embarrassed!!!

Thanks City

Happy to self impose a week's ban to gain an invaluable view from the Central forum members.

Should be interesting to see how insightful - as opposed to spiteful - they all can be.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby CouchExpert » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 pm

I have been following this thread & discussion over Echunga's predicament for a while and have decided to add my views as an outsider.Firstly I will admit that I am not across all the facts but through reading this forum & elsewhere on the web I think I have a reasonable understanding of the situation at hands. A few points i would like to make.
1) Like it or not the promotion/relegation & associated points system is deeply flawed otherwise this situation would not have occurred.I understand what is being said about making sure clubs have a good base & good junior programs but generally those clubs with a large number of juniors will always have more success.These clubs are usually the ones with a large population to start with IE Mt Barker Handorf & Onks I know people will say clubs like Handorf have a fantastic junior program(and I have no doubt they do) but there must be something wrong if they are not translating that to success at a senior level. I have a close relative that is involved with junior footy program at Lobethal ,where they do a great job with the available talent but are beaten soundly by the top sides, As my relative says its hard to compete against clubs who have so many numbers to chose from.It seems to me that perhaps there is a bit too much emphasis put on Junior success in Hills League clubs in relation to the points systems & it definitely favors the clubs in larger population areas.
2) It makes no sense to relegate a team after only 1 season in Central Division.How the hell are teams supposed to to build their strength & depth if you only give them 1 year .My suggestion is 2 years in Central Division after promotion.
3) Do away with the points system completely,Surely it is not too hard to work out which clubs are most suited to playing in Central Division & go from there.Let the smaller clubs play in country division & if someone wishes to change leagues then let that decision be made by someone independent IE SA Community Football. That may mean you end up with 11 teams in Central Division, but so what as I'm sure most players would enjoy a week off during the season.
4)Look at the big picture.Do what is best for football in the Adelaide Hills & put the bickering & personal attacks aside and promote & improve our great game at grass roots level,Cheers
Last edited by CouchExpert on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CouchExpert
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:43 pm

The first thing you notice about this current 'Echunga Debate' is that those commenting from outside the league are making more sense than those directly involved.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Shoot it » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:34 pm

will any players leave Echunga with them going down a division?
Shoot it

Has liked: 2 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Shoot it wrote:will any players leave Echunga with them going down a division?

Which players are worth targeting?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 am

200 Killer Wasps wrote:The first thing you notice about this current 'Echunga Debate' is that those commenting from outside the league are making more sense than those directly involved.

Totally agree. Opinions from outside the league are unbiased although maybe not fully informed. Always easier to tell another league how to do things, problem is no league is perfect & all have issues of their own to deal with.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:28 am

Legs Man wrote:
citycoaster17 wrote:Legs Man, just stop already. Do the club some good and put a ban on yourself on this forum. As an ad bungs supporter, I'm embarrassed!!!

Thanks City

Happy to self impose a week's ban to gain an invaluable view from the Central forum members.

Should be interesting to see how insightful - as opposed to spiteful - they all can be.

Any chance you could make it 6 months. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby The Panther » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:37 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Thanks City

Any chance you could make it 6 months. :D

And a few others take a leaf from this book :lol:
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby P.B » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Unbelievable scenes. As an "outsider" I can't help but agree with how this scenario has panned out. Yes, it is appalling that a premier is relegated to Country. However, if all the clubs operate on the assumption that finals are not included, then it would it be ludicrous to shift the goalposts due only to the fact the a-grade side lets say "least suspected" went on and claimed the premiership.

The flaw in the system here is the fact that the minor/major round was not clearly differentiated in your by-laws/constitution or whatever. To then criticise the other clubs who voted "against" the system as they interpreted and understood it is even more ludicrous.
P.B
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Why not vote for an exception clause. If the A grade win the premiership then no relagation. 11 team comp. with bottom 2 down the following season.

My view : Rules are Rules, but for the A grade premiers to go down to country has a ridiculous feel to it . So explore possible outcomes to fix this embarrassment to the HFL .
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby has been » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:29 am

Echunga won the flag in a nutshell because after round 4 they got Aish and another quality player who I cant remember his surname back. Take those 2 players out of the equation and NO flag - simple. We would then not be wasting our time having this dribble on here. The HFL is one of the strongest leagues in the state and a very high quality with or without Echunga. If you thing the HFL have not done their homework re any legal scenario then Echunga you are foolhardy. Your club helped make the rules now be big enough to admit your club has major flaws in many ways that cant be mentioned due to possible litigation and abide by the rules. Wether it is right or wrong is not the point here. The integrity of the rules and by laws is.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:16 am

has been wrote:Echunga won the flag in a nutshell because after round 4 they got Aish and another quality player who I cant remember his surname back. Take those 2 players out of the equation and NO flag - simple. We would then not be wasting our time having this dribble on here. The HFL is one of the strongest leagues in the state and a very high quality with or without Echunga. If you thing the HFL have not done their homework re any legal scenario then Echunga you are foolhardy. Your club helped make the rules now be big enough to admit your club has major flaws in many ways that cant be mentioned due to possible litigation and abide by the rules. Wether it is right or wrong is not the point here. The integrity of the rules and by laws is.

Yeah and if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle... Ridiculous argument... They won it.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:19 pm

I think I have worked it out!

Country Division is the new Div 1 - the only team that survives is Echunga.
Nairne Bremer, Kersbrook, Macclesfield, Gumeracha, Meadows. Kangarilla, Birdwood & Sedan Cambrai all get promoted to the new 9 team Div 1

The real losers now are Mount Lofty who end up in the lesser division after winning the Premiership and securing promotion
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy