Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby Slowey » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:42 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Non Issue. Suck it up, cant do anything about it.

Stockwell got their pitch up. As TC said they have covers for nearly the whole square.
As CockandDonkey said Nuri didnt cover their's so you want to give them points for being lazy ****
Sandy Creek would have had the most rain and nearly got their's up.

The competition is spread far and wide geographically that some hard wicket games played some didnt, you want points for those games as well?

Get off your high horse days it was a sheer opinion/question.
I know not every club can afford a turf pitch I just think the amount of lost cricket due to weather for turf teams is a disadvantage. It would be silly for the hirachy to look into these issues. Will cost teams finals births in the future.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Slowey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Non Issue. Suck it up, cant do anything about it.

Stockwell got their pitch up. As TC said they have covers for nearly the whole square.
As CockandDonkey said Nuri didnt cover their's so you want to give them points for being lazy ****
Sandy Creek would have had the most rain and nearly got their's up.

The competition is spread far and wide geographically that some hard wicket games played some didnt, you want points for those games as well?

Get off your high horse days it was a sheer opinion/question.
I know not every club can afford a turf pitch I just think the amount of lost cricket due to weather for turf teams is a disadvantage. It would be silly for the hirachy to look into these issues. Will cost teams finals births in the future.

No high horse Pal, as i said its a non issue.
Nothing raised at tonight's meeting and nor should there be.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby scud » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Would just like to Add that it wasn't just turning up Saturday and playing for Angaston on a hard wicket there were puddles all over the oval including on the run ups at both ends plus the madding was drenched (obviously) , so we pulled it up and hung it over the rails around the oval , then we had 4 brooms out spreading the water around, all before 12:30 and we lost 10 minutes.

I think a lot of the time games can be played if sides are willing to do a little hard work.

As for being unfair for teams , depends how you look at it, I reckon if the game continued in the same way then Sandy might feel lucky to have 5 points more than they might have by playing Saturday.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Slowey » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:31 pm

All good and well to put in some hard yards prior to play but if you were on turf Saturday there is absolutely nothing you can do. Still fair on the turf teams?

I couldn't care less weather everyone played or didn't play my opinion is it's unfair on turf teams who don't get the opportunity to play if and when it rains.
this will always be the case because there is always going to be hard wicket teams playing in the top grade.

I take my hat off to ango and Gilbert Valley for getting games going Saturday it doesn't happen without some work being put in.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:20 am

Just a topic after yesterday’s unfortunate incident, but how many clubs really seriously be prepared for something like this, e.g. trained first aid, first aid/trainers kit, some may say what a stupid idea, but yesterday proves things can happen and some grounds can be up too 2hrs away for a ambo if one available, you can never say never in any sport. All the best to Phil Hughes
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:23 am

magpieeagle wrote:Just a topic after yesterday’s unfortunate incident, but how many clubs really seriously be prepared for something like this, e.g. trained first aid, first aid/trainers kit, some may say what a stupid idea, but yesterday proves things can happen and some grounds can be up too 2hrs away for a ambo if one available, you can never say never in any sport. All the best to Phil Hughes

That's a pretty fair point. I know it is less dangerous than footy, but footy clubs seem to be much better prepared on that front.

Having a first aid kit and at least one person per team that has basic first aid training should be looked at imo.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:28 am

magpieeagle wrote:Just a topic after yesterday’s unfortunate incident, but how many clubs really seriously be prepared for something like this, e.g. trained first aid, first aid/trainers kit, some may say what a stupid idea, but yesterday proves things can happen and some grounds can be up too 2hrs away for a ambo if one available, you can never say never in any sport. All the best to Phil Hughes

Great point, I was wondering that last night.

How many games are being played per weekend without the luxuries of having doctors on hand? Perhaps it should be a part of SAMCA's critique to have at least one person at each venue with basic first aid training at least.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 am

That will prove very challenging for most clubs, particularly in the lower grades.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 am

Dogwatcher wrote:That will prove very challenging for most clubs, particularly in the lower grades.

I would guess that a significant fraction of people already have senior first aid, and maybe a first aid kit should be placed in every club rooms?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:45 am

I would guess a significant fraction of people don't have first aid. They probably should.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I would guess a significant fraction of people don't have first aid. They probably should.

Agreed. Everyone should do it
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:That will prove very challenging for most clubs, particularly in the lower grades.

I would guess that a significant fraction of people already have senior first aid, and maybe a first aid kit should be placed in every club rooms?

We have a pretty decent kit kept in the clubrooms at Sandy along with numerous ice packs in the freezer. The senior Captains and junior coaches all are given kits at the start of the season to take to games each week aswell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 am

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

We have a pretty decent kit kept in the clubrooms at Sandy along with numerous ice packs in the freezer. The senior Captains and junior coaches all are given kits at the start of the season to take to games each week aswell

Although having the equipment there is better than nothing, administering first aid in a serious condition could prove life saving.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Although having the equipment there is better than nothing, administering first aid in a serious condition could prove life saving.

I suppose at Mallala they are lucky as I am a level 2 trainer with the footy clubs equipment at my disposal to help any club, but having someone trained can be the difference
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Is it a requirement as a junior coach to have first aid training? It should be.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby james07 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Sounds good in theory but to get everything coach to do a first aid course would be tough it's hard enough getting coaches
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:22 pm

james07 wrote:Sounds good in theory but to get everything coach to do a first aid course would be tough it's hard enough getting coaches

Single day for a couple hundred dollars.

If that is too hard there is something wrong imo.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:
james07 wrote:Sounds good in theory but to get everything coach to do a first aid course would be tough it's hard enough getting coaches

Single day for a couple hundred dollars.

If that is too hard there is something wrong imo.

I take it you are not involved in junior cricket Benny?
Its a tough ask trying to get coaches let alone get them to attend a course.
Not as easy as you make it sound unfortunately
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Nah I'm not mate, but ask yourself, if something happened to a kid on the field, and the only adults there had no idea what to do in a first aid sense, do you think "it's hard enough as it is to even get them there" would be a valid excuse to that kids parent?

Honestly not having a go at anyone because I appreciate it would be hard, but I really do think we should have at least one person per match with first aid training.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Should be mandatory for every parent to have done a first aid course, should either be tax deductible or paid for by government

Greatest skill in life you can have
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps