NSW vs SA at SCG

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Do SA and NSW play for any sort of trophy?

I reckon a Phil Hughes trophy in the same vein as the David hookes one would be appropriate.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby David Brent » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:10 am

bennymacca wrote:Do SA and NSW play for any sort of trophy?

I reckon a Phil Hughes trophy in the same vein as the David hookes one would be appropriate.

Yep agreed.
Also naming the Domestic Player of the year award after him would be fitting also. The one they give out on AB Medal Night
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby RustyCage » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:06 pm

The scorecard for this game has been altered to list Hughes at no out on 63, rather than retired hurt on 63, as he wasn't actually replaced by another batsman
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:16 pm

RustyCage wrote:The scorecard for this game has been altered to list Hughes at no out on 63, rather than retired hurt on 63, as he wasn't actually replaced by another batsman

#forever63notout
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:43 am

I can't even imagine how the redbacks will get through this season. the pain of just seeing his vacant locker would be emotional enough before taking the field. Results for the rest of this season are almost irrelevant. The boys need the strength to just take the field and continue on without their mate.
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:49 am

Coach Bombay wrote:I can't even imagine how the redbacks will get through this season. the pain of just seeing his vacant locker would be emotional enough before taking the field. Results for the rest of this season are almost irrelevant. The boys need the strength to just take the field and continue on without their mate.

Don't forget that after David Hookes passed, Victoria went on to win the shield. But at this point I hope we can just get 11 blokes on the park to field a team then worry about winning games.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Yangebup » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:24 pm

I feel terribly for all the players that were there. Haddin made a lunge to try & catch Phil as he fell, Warner was right there & ran to the boundary to get help, Abbot holding his head - heart breaking, Tom Cooper who lived with him & was batting with him & took Phils pads off carefully on the boundary.
Callum Ferg & Cosgrove who had batted with him for long periods earlier in the day & lots others.
All the talk & concern has been about the Aust players & fair enough but not much has been really mentioned about the welfare of the SA boys, who had to return home without their mate. He had played a lot more with the SA lads in recent times.
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket