Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:32 am

Vikings started their preseason on Monday night and 40 blokes turned up which is better than last couple of years. Apparently far more organised too.

No Marion players there but couple of handy ins from outside of the SFL

Apologies to all those that want to trash a dual mail medalist and would prefer to see talent leave our league for cash elsewhere but Jonny Eagleton was there - signed and eager for season 2015 apparently :D :D :D

Also heard that Justin Calderbank has gone to Flaggies as Assistant A Grade coach - probably better role for him that Lonsdale A grade. Good luck to the bloke
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby beer tent » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 am

23 departures maybe at the start how many of them come back and out of retirement
beer tent

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Im hearing a Hills/Valley derby as a season opener.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:Im hearing a Hills/Valley derby as a season opener.

Hope that's true. Would be even better if it was kicked off on a Friday night or Saturday night under lights while the weather is still a bit better.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby beer tent » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
vics01 wrote:Understand the Premiers have had a bit of a dummy spit over only having 12 APPS for season 2015.. After using 14 on GF day they may not be able to top up the list??

You back at Cove vics01?[/quote
On the contrary Vics , a delegation from NFC has just returned from a successful sojourn to Darwin and secured a more than handy recruit for 2015 with possibly more to follow , theres going to be a bit of movement on our list with retirements etc but squeezing us on points wont be much of an issue , you just have to look back at what we achieved last season with 23 departures and 3 season ending injuries in the pre season .
Maybe you would like a complementary bottle of our premiership wine to appease your concerns about us , its called Winefly Tears , I'll even throw in a box of Kleenex for you

What a WANK !!! could you please make it a new box for vics because the one you have has been wiping up the shit and dribble in ya beard or your tears when the shoe crew left you at the airport because you weren't invited on the mission
beer tent

Postby Dutchy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:01 pm

afc9798 wrote:

Hope that's true. Would be even better if it was kicked off on a Friday night or Saturday night under lights while the weather is still a bit better.

Flaggy lights aren't that good....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Oldman Munga » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 pm

beer tent wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
vics01 wrote:Understand the Premiers have had a bit of a dummy spit over only having 12 APPS for season 2015.. After using 14 on GF day they may not be able to top up the list??

You back at Cove vics01?[/quote
On the contrary Vics , a delegation from NFC has just returned from a successful sojourn to Darwin and secured a more than handy recruit for 2015 with possibly more to follow , theres going to be a bit of movement on our list with retirements etc but squeezing us on points wont be much of an issue , you just have to look back at what we achieved last season with 23 departures and 3 season ending injuries in the pre season .
Maybe you would like a complementary bottle of our premiership wine to appease your concerns about us , its called Winefly Tears , I'll even throw in a box of Kleenex for you

What a WANK !!! could you please make it a new box for vics because the one you have has been wiping up the shit and dribble in ya beard or your tears when the shoe crew left you at the airport because you weren't invited on the mission

Sorry to dispel your ministry of information there Tent , Being between jobs prevented me from going there, but dont worry ol mate I gave the fellas a Mud Map before they left , least I could because I could'nt go .
And Speaking of shit ??? Got Some MORE ???????????
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby beer tent » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
vics01 wrote:
OMM
Well what other SFL club has Hamilton played at ????

Really what a silly question from someone so involved at the Shoe..

Started his days at Cove which I am sure was not passed onto Reynella or the SFL when you guys claimed him a home grown product

Settle down Ringo Ive only been @ Noarlunga for 4 yrs , was'nt aware of that ,

Ummm Yep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
beer tent

Postby Courtney Fish » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Don't know if this has been confirmed or just a draft but I heard
The usual catchup round with last years bottom 4.
Then Round 2
M/Ville P vs OSB/Lons
E/Town vs Hackham
Reynella vs Cove
Marion vs Aldinga
Chr Beach vs BDOS
Flagstaff H. vs H/Valley
Pt Noar. vs Noar.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby afc9798 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:39 am

Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

Ah, was thinking if it was a Valley home game, but obviously not. Oh well, either way will be a good game and better to get to Flaggies before the mudpie season kicks in.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby afc9798 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 am

Oldman Munga wrote:
beer tent wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:You back at Cove vics01?[/quote

Sorry to dispel your ministry of information there Tent , Being between jobs prevented me from going there, but dont worry ol mate I gave the fellas a Mud Map before they left , least I could because I could'nt go .
And Speaking of shit ??? Got Some MORE ???????????

Nice to see such team spirit at the Shoes. Probably a good thing that it's off season. Thought you blokes would be holding hands and skipping around the place after a flag.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:50 am

afc9798 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

Ah, was thinking if it was a Valley home game, but obviously not. Oh well, either way will be a good game and better to get to Flaggies before the mudpie season kicks in.

It was HV Oval that had games called off due to conditions this year.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby afc9798 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:11 am

afc9798 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

It was HV Oval that had games called off due to conditions this year.[/quote]

Can't recall anything being called off other than training on a few occasions to protect the surface.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Noticed a post about the rebel Edwardstown juniors getting kicked off their oval. Any truth to this? Any chance of a reunion?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:26 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Noticed a post about the rebel Edwardstown juniors getting kicked off their oval. Any truth to this? Any chance of a reunion?

Not kicked off EV. The EFC juniors are returning to the Towns ground in 2015 and will continue in Metro South for one more season. I understand that the long term plan for 2016 is that they will then become one club and finally fulfill the SFL agreement to field all juniors in the league. Hopefully it all comes to fruit so the club can get back to realising its decision to be a strong club in the SFL.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Noticed a post about the rebel Edwardstown juniors getting kicked off their oval. Any truth to this? Any chance of a reunion?

Not kicked off EV. The EFC juniors are returning to the Towns ground in 2015 and will continue in Metro South for one more season. I understand that the long term plan for 2016 is that they will then become one club and finally fulfill the SFL agreement to field all juniors in the league. Hopefully it all comes to fruit so the club can get back to realising its decision to be a strong club in the SFL.

Maybe they have finally realised the SFL juniors is much stronger.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Are they the Edwardstown Junior Sports Club or the Edwardstown Football Club?

Are they still holding the line that Junior Football should only be run by parents and not by clubs that have senior football as a conflicting priority?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:02 am

Yank Man wrote:

Thanks for the clarifier Yank.

It would appear in 2016 when they are one club again all that bad blood will have been for naught. I wonder how many life long friendships will have been lost as a result? How many kids left for greener pastures? How much time, effort and $$ will have been put into a breakaway club only to return a few years laters. It's all a bit puzzling from an outsiders perspective
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Thanks for the clarifier Yank.

It would appear in 2016 when they are one club again all that bad blood will have been for naught. I wonder how many life long friendships will have been lost as a result? How many kids left for greener pastures? How much time, effort and $$ will have been put into a breakaway club only to return a few years laters. It's all a bit puzzling from an outsiders perspective

Puzzling for those inside as well EV. I started the juniors in 1995 with Andrew Millington who went to West Adelide in 2000. 5 years of hard work to give the club a future. Unfortunately there still seems to be some egos that don't have much regard for SFL but the goal is to work together for the common thread. They will remain EFCJSC for 2015 because of ongoing sponsorship arrangements and have the full season to put it back together. Yes I'm sure a few good people and players have been affected and probably moved on. But what is done is done and can't be changed but at least they're back together and have a base to work with.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby shoe boy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:44 am

Port Noarlunga have the new lights up.

Maybe round 1 with the Shoes visiting this game could see Friday night footy.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL