Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Postby Big Phil » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:51 pm

on the rails wrote:Described as a Carlton great? Did I miss the Brownlow and Norm Smith phases of his career???

Yes, I must admit, I thought the same when I read the headline of the article. With the greatest amount of respect to Nick's career...

Stephen Kernahan is a great of Carlton. Nick Stevens is a past player with a strong playing background. A great, he is not...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Wouldn't be hard to be a Carlton "great" the last 10-15 years.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am

Today fish wrapper has some interesting allegations.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Booney wrote:Today fish wrapper has some interesting allegations.

Link or GTFO. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:Today fish wrapper has some interesting allegations.

Link or GTFO. ;)

regards,

REB

:D

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nati ... 7142070154
FORMER Carlton midfielder Nick Stevens was a regular drug user and supplied cocaine to his former partner, a court heard.

Stevens is facing 30 assault charges including allegations he slammed his former partner’s head against a wall and a kitchen bench.

The woman said she feared for her life after Stevens slammed her head repeatedly against a kitchen wall and threatened to kill her and her family.

Giving evidence his former partner said in an earlier incident Stevens grabbed her by the throat, held her down on the couch then punched her in the chest eight to 10 times, after she confronted him about his alleged infidelity.

The alleged attack happened after Stevens had spent the day drinking with his cricket mates in Traralgon. The woman said she had checked his phone at night and after discovering a message threw water at the sleeping Stevens.

Under cross examination today the woman said Stevens could “drink more than anyone she had even known”.

She said Nick or his friends would supply her with cocaine and she took it once every two months. She told the court Stevens would also use drugs.

Stevens, who now coaches Glenelg told the Herald Sun earlier he had aspirations to coach in the AFL, denies the allegations.

The woman said the relationship with Stevens turned violent in January 2012 and there were seven violent outbursts in the two years they were together.

The woman said she didn’t leave the allegedly abusive relationship because she loved Stevens and “didn’t want to lose him.”

“I wanted to stay with Nick. We were good together in our good times so I wanted to stay with him.”

She said the violence got progressively worst and culminated on February 10, 2013 when the former midfielder repeatedly slammed her head against a wall in their Traralgon home.

The woman said she confronted Stevens again about his cheating, he then pushed her into the kitchen and forced her head onto the kitchen bench.

“He picked my head up again and slammed me against the tile wall five or six times.”

The woman told the court that during the February 10 incident Stevens smashed her phone, threw a chair at her and threatened to kill her and her father after she had phoned her parents.

They stayed together after the attack because the women said she loved Stevens and wanted to believe him when he told her he wouldn’t do it again.

But she said at her parents’ Park Orchards home on April 27 that year he slammed her head against a brick wall. The court was shown pictures of her injuries following the alleged attack.

The Ringwood Magistrates’ Court heard Stevens often called her a “drunk psycho” and claimed she was manipulating and controlling.

“He liked to put me down like that,” she said.

His barrister Serge Petrovich said the allegations was just her “vindictive and manipulative personality trying to maximise damage to her reputation.”

When told Stevens would deny all the assaults she replied “he is a liar.”

Stevens’ barrister Serge Petrovich repeatedly told the witness she was making up the allegations in a vindictive attempt to harm him.

“What you have done in this court room you have exaggerated, made stuff up because you know the damage it will do to his career.

The court was shown photos of her injuries following the alleged assault but Mr Petrovich asked if she had inflicted them on herself.

The former midfielder, 34, who played 231 games for Carlton and Port Adelaide, is in Ringwood Magistrates’ Court facing 43 charges relating to assault, making threats to kill and contacting a witness in a criminal investigation.

The case will continue next week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:15 pm

A conundrum for Glenelg.
He may end up being found not guilty and therefore, they could justify keeping him on.
However, the drug allegations open up another concerning aspect for the Tigers.
They will definitely have to do some investigations into the drug allegations.
Whatever the outcome of this hearing, there will be big decisions to be made at the Bay.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby heater31 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:A conundrum for Glenelg.
He may end up being found not guilty and therefore, they could justify keeping him on.
However, the drug allegations open up another concerning aspect for the Tigers.
They will definitely have to do some investigations into the drug allegations.
Whatever the outcome of this hearing, there will be big decisions to be made at the Bay.

Rather concerning especially with some allegations releating to the coach last season.

*note they relate to a 'party' culture within the playing group. Now coupled with these allegations in court is rather disturbing...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Got to support him, innocent until proven guilty and despite having an amicable break up for a long term relationship myself I'm well aware of two guys that had the mother's accuse them of domestic violence just as payback. Beware the wrath of women.
(Having said that if he is found guilty, hang the bastard)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Grahaml » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm never comfortable with the naming of people in the media when there's been no guilty verdict. Whether he's done this or not, whether it's proven or unproven he'll suffer a penalty regardless now.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Only one side of the story has been told so far.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Postby luketorrens » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:17 pm

This chick must come from quite the dodgy family to fake her injuries and get her parents to lie in court. What a low life. http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-orde ... 7151309809
luketorrens
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:43 am

luketorrens wrote:This chick must come from quite the dodgy family to fake her injuries and get her parents to lie in court. What a low life. http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-orde ... 7151309809

No mention of medical evidence of these bazillions assaults and she denies any of infidility despite her main witness being her best friend who is male.
Hmmm.
Both parties involved innocent until proven guilty. Good luck to whoever is telling the truth and may the liar rot in hell.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:49 am

Interesting. ......
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby knowledge » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Heard a whisper around the traps ( from a reliable informant) that Brett Backwell has been appointed as reserves coach/assistant at Glenelg. Fall back position, maybe?
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:59 pm

knowledge wrote:Heard a whisper around the traps ( from a reliable informant) that Brett Backwell has been appointed as reserves coach/assistant at Glenelg. Fall back position, maybe?

Mouse departed his Midfield Coaching role at Noarlunga, stating family reasons and wanting to put more time into his building business...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby dedja » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Announced yesterday. Not one bit related to the Senior position, but nice story.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby luketorrens » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:22 pm

The best friend of a former AFL footballer accused of beating his girlfriend says he didn't believe a text the woman sent him saying she had been hit.

Former Carlton and Port Adelaide player Nick Stevens has appeared in the Ringwood Magistrates Court to contest 30 charges of assaulting the woman while they were in a relationship.

Billy Parsons told the court today that he and Mr Stevens had been best friends for two decades and he had regularly spent time with him and the woman throughout their relationship.

Mr Parsons told the court the woman had sent him a text message saying Mr Stevens had hit her.

"He's beaten me up, cheated on me for the last time," she said in the message read to the court.

His reply followed: "You need to do what's right for you (name), I'm sorry for the way he's treated you, you deserve better."

Mr Parsons said he sent a sympathetic reply but had not believed her because he had never seen Mr Stevens in a physical altercation with anyone.

"At no stage did I believe what she said," he told the court.

"You've got to be sensitive to people's mental states. You don't want to write back and say 'you're lying, I don't believe you'.

"In all the time I've known Nick he's never hit anyone, let alone a woman."

Stephen Hazelman told the court he had seen the pair engage in a heated argument after a night out drinking, but he said it had not been physical.

"It was definitely a heated argument, there's no doubt about that," he said.

"I'm not going to leave (the woman), or Nick for that matter, if they're having a physical altercation."

The prosecution told Mr Hazelman evidence had already been given that Mr Stevens had picked up a computer belonging to his former girlfriend and threatened to throw it out a door, but only stopped when Mr Hazelman told him to calm down, but he denied that had happened.

"Not while I was there. I never had that conversation," he said.

One witness who gave a statement but did not appear in court said she had seen the victim with marks on her face early in 2013 while another said the victim told a story about walking into a door and noted "her face wasn't quite right" because of swelling, bruising and a recent scar.

The hearing continues.

© AAP 2014

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/1 ... YTlaZMp.99
luketorrens
Rookie

Postby luketorrens » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Former AFL footballer Nick Stevens believes his ex-girlfriend made it look like he abused her to ensure he repaid money she'd lent him.

The former Carlton and Port Adelaide player has appeared in the Ringwood Magistrates Court to contest 30 charges of assaulting his former partner while they were in a relationship.

Stevens said the woman had lent him money when they first got together and she wanted to make sure she got the money back.

"It feels like she's trying to set me up to get leverage over me to give her that money," he said in a police interview played in court.

Stevens admitted to grabbing his former partner by the arm during one argument where she made claims he was having an affair, but he said he was only trying to calm her down.

"There was a little bit of pushing. Well, she pushed me, I pushed her," he said.

"I grabbed her to say 'I love you, calm down'."

He admitted during the same incident to threatening bankruptcy to stop her getting the money back, but said he only said that to hurt her and always intended to repay her.

Police said the woman alleged Stevens had slammed her head into a wall, jumped on her and tried to strangle her, and showed him photographs of her injuries.

"I actually think that she might have done it afterwards," Mr Stevens said in the interview.

"If I was strangling her, I'm a big bloke, she'd have a lot worse marks than that.

"If I hit her, you've seen the size of her, she'd look a lot worse."

But he admitted she may have been fearful of him during the incident.

"Probably the second time when I grabbed her," he said.

"I grabbed her pretty hard."

Stevens told police during the interview that the woman had issues with drugs and alcohol and that he had approached her parents about her seeking treatment, which they had helped her to do.

He claimed she had previously made false allegations against him to her parents, and denied allegations he had threatened to kill her father.

"I love her parents," he said.

"Her parents have tried to help me help her through it and her mum, she would sit here and tell the truth and say that I've contacted her a number of times to help her get through it ..."

The case is expected to wrap up on Friday.

AAP
luketorrens
Rookie

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:27 pm

knowledge wrote:Heard a whisper around the traps ( from a reliable informant) that Brett Backwell has been appointed as reserves coach/assistant at Glenelg. Fall back position, maybe?

A few things here add up. Not good . Possibly like you say a fall back position.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:

A few things here add up. Not good . Possibly like you say a fall back position.

Keep fishing.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL