HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:45 pm

has been wrote:Hey Legs man here is one for you. Believe a few phone calls made today between HFL clubs re a special AGM excluding Echunga for next week where they will vote to kick them out of the league altogether. Lets see what value your injunction does then legs man. Not a lot I would suspect. There are a lot of angry clubs out there. At least Birdwood respected the constitution in their circumstance. Will be an interesting week or so ahead.

From HFL Constitution:
HFL Constitution - 8 Expulsion

Any member club may be expelled from membership of the League if it breaches any provisions of this Constitution or the By-laws.

What rule or by-law have they breached other than use their legal right?
I don't believe there would be grounds to kick them out and would only hamper the Hills FL case further as it would be a further item that could be challenged and expose the HFLs rules and regulations to further scrutiny.

This is not legs man's injunction, it is the Supreme Court's - whose powers over-rule the Hills FL.

has been wrote:a special AGM excluding Echunga for next week where they will vote to kick them out of the league altogether

From HFL Constitution:
8.4 The member club, which it is proposed to expel, must be given the right to state its case at that meeting prior to any vote being taken.

By the way, Birdwood did not win the Premiership the season they were relegated, did not make finals and had no grounds to challenge the relegation so whether they respected anything or not has absolutely nothing to do with this case.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:32 am

Hook, line & sinker.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:35 am

cracka wrote:Hook, line & sinker.

Considering the ridiculous situation, it is not that far fetched.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:58 am

Shouldn't we all wait for the final decision (this friday I believe) before jumping to conclusions though.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby jo172 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:01 am

cracka wrote:Shouldn't we all wait for the final decision (this friday I believe) before jumping to conclusions though.

There won't be a "final" decision.

There will be a decision about whether to grant a temporary injunction.

I'd be amazed if the parties got a full hearing in before Christmas
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Justquietly » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Grocke all but signed at Hahndorf I've heard.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby OnSong » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Justquietly wrote:Grocke all but signed at Hahndorf I've heard.

Dave Hankin returning too. Would be handy around his feet.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:17 pm

grocke signing with Hahndorf???
can anyone confirm this??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby afc9798 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:08 pm

lovethefooty wrote:grocke signing with Hahndorf???

Can't confirm it, but would be a very good get if true. Good player and a very good bloke also.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby On The Chest » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:02 am

afc9798 wrote:

Can't confirm it, but would be a very good get if true. Good player and a very good bloke also.

Who is coaching Hahndorf this season?
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 am

On The Chest wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

Craig Smith is continuing on as Hahndorf A Grade Coach - sounds like he'll have better cattle to work with in 2015.

Can anyone confirm who will be coaching Echunga in 2015 ?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Alaska » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:18 am

Jonothan Wells I believe
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:39 am

A brief update on the promotion/ relegation issue:

On Monday, the HFL gave the court an undertaking not to make any decision on the relegation question until a final court hearing.

The undertaking given by the HFL takes the place of an interim injunction order being issued by the court, with the same result.

The final court hearing will deal with EFC's request for a declaration that our interpretation of by-law 18.2.3 is true and correct i.e. that wins during finals count and on that basis we no longer face relegation and stay in central division.

This final hearing is expected to take place within the next two weeks.

We will keep you updated on any further progress.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby On The Chest » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

Craig Smith is continuing on as Hahndorf A Grade Coach - sounds like he'll have better cattle to work with in 2015.

Can anyone confirm who will be coaching Echunga in 2015 ?

Thanks for that.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Tanka wrote:Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -*STUPID!!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.

It is Stupid, no doubt you are from one of the BIG clubs that dont have to worry about ever being relegated because your population guarantees that, Or you are from TV who were short on juniors so the HFL allowed you permits for overagers thus distorting these results and allowing you to stay up much like the extra points given to TV.
If u want relegation to work you have to have an equal playing field where ALL clubs are treated exactly the same

Suprisingly daysy im from ironbank which would have one of the smaller populations and it is hard with blackwood being the major area to get juniors. Im definitely not from tv if u read my previous posts I said they should go down cos thy have been treated much better than echunga, who didnt get a proper shot. But the rules make sure clubs look at the bigger picture rather than just one grade so I have no issue with them. Although b grade shouldn't be weighted so heavily and should be the same points as a 17 game.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Hahndorf a couple of huge ins, will surely be one of the teams to beat. What else has been happening on the recruiting front around the League? Have Onkas secured any players on the back of Magoos coaching appointment? Sounds like Ironbank have been busy and can anyone confirm Ben Digga Hanna is chasing coin at TV?
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Hahndorf a couple of huge ins, will surely be one of the teams to beat. What else has been happening on the recruiting front around the League? Have Onkas secured any players on the back of Magoos coaching appointment? Sounds like Ironbank have been busy and can anyone confirm Ben Digga Hanna is chasing coin at TV?

Good to have some footy talk on here yellow and black. Hahndorf with grocke and hourigan will be much improved, have they picked up anyone else? Havent heard anything bout onkas but assume they would be looking to recruit a few players. We have picked up 3 handy players and hoping a few of our better 17s from last year can develop into good A graders, but its about time we did something because we have been mediocre for years. Have many left uraidla, i saw daniel ebert left to kersbrook?
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby rock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 am

Echunga - Read page 15 of Saturday's Advertiser, I think you know a bloke in a similar position. Looks like they come down pretty hard on those people these days.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:44 am

Hey Rock

Thanks for the heads up. Great piece about selling off Nobel prizes. Excellent fund raising idea.

Cheers
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby overthehill » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:20 am

Who have Hahndorf signed? I understand they have picked up Hourigan but he has a pretty bad case of OP (Hence not playing SANFL) so not sure if he'll venture far out of the goal square! I had been informed they either had or were very close to signing Powell and Grocke but have since been trumped McLaren Vale.
After the way they finished off 2014 they are going to need a few prize pick ups. I think the team to watch will be Lobethal, playing their cards close to their chest but they were very close to the mark last year and i wouldn't be surprised if they finished top 2 in 2015
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy