2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Postby Big Phil » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Not sure why Phil didn't respond to you Knowledge but did others after your post however why would he now change his mind or did he not sign as mentioned ?

Just responded, as above, Bounce of the ball...

To be honest, I didn't even see Knowledge's post, until you pointed it out, along with the point I agree with regarding already signing...

The mystery of season 2015...

Where will Angus Bruggemann play?

I don't know . Going by Knowledge obviously Sturt .

Yep, he has bet his left 'you know what' so he must be pretty confident...

At this stage, I'd take the word of the Magpies Football Manager over the Knowledge's knowledge, but we will just have to wait and see, I guess...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby knowledge » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Not sure why Phil didn't respond to you Knowledge but did others after your post however why would he now change his mind or did he not sign as mentioned ?

To be honest, I didn't even see Knowledge's post, until you pointed it out, along with the point I agree with regarding already signing...

Yep, he has bet his 'left you know what' so we will wait and see, now...

I'll throw in the other one as well if you need convincing any further, Phil.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby Big Phil » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:25 pm

knowledge wrote:I'll throw in the other one as we'll if you need convincing any further, Phil.

Mate, it's your Kahuna's, I don't want anything to do with them ;)

We will have to wait and see, like I said...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby knowledge » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Big Phil wrote:
knowledge wrote:I'll throw in the other one as we'll if you need convincing any further, Phil.

Haha. Always up for some humour on a Friday evening!
knowledge
Rookie

Postby Big Phil » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 pm

knowledge wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Haha. Always up for some humour on a Friday evening!

Agreed, mate. Especially when it has been a sh!t week !!
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Big Phil wrote:Mate, it's your Kahuna's, I don't want anything to do with them ;)

WTF?
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Big Phil » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:07 pm

Kahuna wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Mate, it's your Kahuna's, I don't want anything to do with them ;)

WTF?

Sorry, I didn't have my Urban Dictionary on hand and wasn't sure how it was spelt?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kahoonas
Big Phil
Coach

Postby holden78 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:10 am

Mr Fuller wrote:
Hopeful Jelly wrote:Luke Thompson (formerly Adelaide Crows) and Fraser Thurlow (formerly Essendon rookie list) have officially signed with the Eagles.

While useful gets its a bizarre recruiting strategy. Its almost as if they are determined NOT to address the one area we have had an obvious deficiency in over the last 4 years - our midfield.

Was Thompson necessary given we already have Von Bertouch, Templeton, Giufredda and signed Raikiwasa. All key backs. With Thomopson there you wouldn't think they would all play back. So who is going to drop out?

I wouldn't be surprised if Petrenko is considering playing VFL after training with St Kilda and having a lot of his mates over there.

Eagles missed Thurlow last year and boy did we get hammered when Grocke wasn't pinch hitting in ruck!
Key signing this one as Borholm aint good enough to carry the ruck ala Craig Parry!!!!!
At times last year the Eagles midfield setup and play was so obvious and poor, it made Boyd look a b grader :evil:
Norman going from the coaches box along with Wright means Michael Godden's neck is firmly on the block if they can't make it work inside the square. Last year of his contract too! Last chance Micky or off to the Brighton Rd Mardi Gras.
Petrenko would be a fool not to give the SANFL 100% for a year, not get injured, and stand up with the League's best and not just for a few games either.
Look at it this way Mr Fuller, it's nice to have an area we can consider a strength, plus Giufredda and Templeton can play small and do their best work at ground level. Add Sumner and Raymond for good measure heh!
Having to accommodate Powell and his weaknesses every game made us painfully predictable and slow, plus held back someone from getting a game and improving!
Anyhow Rowntree plays that role so there, we just need Poole, Appleton, Lloyd, McGregor etc stepping up right away.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Jimmy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:41 am

knowledge wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Just responded, as above, Bounce of the ball...

Yep, he has bet his 'left you know what' so we will wait and see, now...

I'll throw in the other one as well if you need convincing any further, Phil.

glad i brought it back up ;)

looking forward to having him at unley in 2015
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby RB » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:40 am

holden78 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:
Hopeful Jelly wrote:Luke Thompson (formerly Adelaide Crows) and Fraser Thurlow (formerly Essendon rookie list) have officially signed with the Eagles.

While useful gets its a bizarre recruiting strategy. Its almost as if they are determined NOT to address the one area we have had an obvious deficiency in over the last 4 years - our midfield.

Was Thompson necessary given we already have Von Bertouch, Templeton, Giufredda and signed Raikiwasa. All key backs. With Thomopson there you wouldn't think they would all play back. So who is going to drop out?

I wouldn't be surprised if Petrenko is considering playing VFL after training with St Kilda and having a lot of his mates over there.

Eagles missed Thurlow last year and boy did we get hammered when Grocke wasn't pinch hitting in ruck!
Key signing this one as Borholm aint good enough to carry the ruck ala Craig Parry!!!!!
At times last year the Eagles midfield setup and play was so obvious and poor, it made Boyd look a b grader :evil:
Norman going from the coaches box along with Wright means Michael Godden's neck is firmly on the block if they can't make it work inside the square. Last year of his contract too! Last chance Micky or off to the Brighton Rd Mardi Gras.
Petrenko would be a fool not to give the SANFL 100% for a year, not get injured, and stand up with the League's best and not just for a few games either.
Look at it this way Mr Fuller, it's nice to have an area we can consider a strength, plus Giufredda and Templeton can play small and do their best work at ground level. Add Sumner and Raymond for good measure heh!
Having to accommodate Powell and his weaknesses every game made us painfully predictable and slow, plus held back someone from getting a game and improving!
Anyhow Rowntree plays that role so there, we just need Poole, Appleton, Lloyd, McGregor etc stepping up right away.

That's the most optimistic post I've ever seen from you, Holden.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Bruggerman has definitely left Port Adelaide, told the playing group during the week he's leaving the club.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:26 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Bruggerman has definitely left Port Adelaide, told the playing group during the week he's leaving the club.

Thought this would be the case. If Port want to play there AFL listed players then he wont get a game.
Last edited by stan on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Aerie » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Bruggeman would struggle to get a game in any league team wouldn't he? He was fortunate to get an opportunity with Redden and Renouf injured.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby The analyst » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Just made some calls.............soon to be announced...........Angus Bruggermann at Unley next season.
The analyst
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Yep, he has bet his left 'you know what' so he must be pretty confident...

At this stage, I'd take the word of the Magpies Football Manager over the Knowledge's knowledge, but we will just have to wait and see, I guess...

I wouldn't. Still think the same ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:54 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:I wouldn't. Still think the same ?

:lol: :lol:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 am

Big Phil wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:There were a couple of Nathan Browns running around the junior grades in the Riverland at around the same time as there were two in the AFL.

Yes, and I'm pretty sure there were 2 x Nathan Browns at West Adelaide (same ones, I think?), with one being the former Melbourne AFL player. Just not sure they played League together, that's all. The other Nathan Brown also played at North, if memory serves me correct, and also plays in Darwin?

Sorry, the second Riverland in my original post should have been AFL.

One of the Riverland Nathan Browns did spend time at Westies.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The analyst » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 am

Angus Bruggermann just announced with Sturt next year. Along with Jackson Allen from Gold Coast Suns also with Sturt.
The analyst
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby knowledge » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 am

The Sturt Football Club would like to welcome two new recruits to the club for Season 2015.

Angus Bruggemann comes to the club after spending season 2014 with the Port Adelaide Magpies. Angus played mainly as a ruckman for Port due to injury to some of their key big men however; Angus has been recruited to add depth to our forward line. At 193cm and 98 kgs, Angus will provide us with a strong marking target.

Jackson Allen has spent the past three years on the Gold Coast Suns list where he played four games as a defender. He comes to Sturt looking for opportunities through the midfield. He is a product of the Suns’ QLD zone but grew up in Mt.Gambier. Jackson is an elite kick and has a strong work ethic. He will begin training with the club in the New Year.
knowledge
Rookie

Postby knowledge » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 am

knowledge wrote:The Sturt Football Club would like to welcome two new recruits to the club for Season 2015.

Angus Bruggemann comes to the club after spending season 2014 with the Port Adelaide Magpies. Angus played mainly as a ruckman for Port due to injury to some of their key big men however; Angus has been recruited to add depth to our forward line. At 193cm and 98 kgs, Angus will provide us with a strong marking target.

Jackson Allen has spent the past three years on the Gold Coast Suns list where he played four games as a defender. He comes to Sturt looking for opportunities through the midfield. He is a product of the Suns’ QLD zone but grew up in Mt.Gambier. Jackson is an elite kick and has a strong work ethic. He will begin training with the club in the New Year.

Didn't have to risk the crown jewels for too long BP!!
knowledge
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL