3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby The Informer » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Yes no doubt Wayno called all the shots. HE alone kept IF down and the club kept out of it. What bull dust. MP were in a similar situation in 2010. Given a chance to stay up and the President and the committee came to me and said what do you think. I said frankly, we weren't any where near ready at that point and needed to regroup a lot more to ensure our club was strong. It took 2 years and we struck it lucky in 2012. People of quality like Wayno, Q and pardon the self indulgence, me, make educated assessments on the best thing for our clubs. History shows we get it right most times and our clubs are the only benefactors. ;)

**** me I've read it all now.

You just mad you weren't included in this esteemed group.

LOL i was just upset that AR hadn't been mentioned since he is the new major of Houghton!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:48 am

beeroclock wrote:
Groover wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:went for a run thursday night at Brahma Lodge 38 blokes out on the track seen at least 12 of the div 4 grand final side running around plus current recruits

Brahma Lodge by a country mile in div 6 dont think any team stands a chance against them

You must have been running around with the cricket club then, because last time I checked blfc didn't train Thursday night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starky thinks umpires never make mistakes and it's always the players fault as well.

99 percent of the time it is the players fault maybe 1 percent of the time the umpire will get it wrong
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:59 am

hahahahaha. Umpires get it right 99% of the time at amateur level.

Now that IS comedy gold.

Honestly, would be 60/40 in D6 and D7, as in, just a tipple over flipping a coin instead.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby adr107 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:19 am

The_Informer wrote:
Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Yes no doubt Wayno called all the shots. HE alone kept IF down and the club kept out of it. What bull dust. MP were in a similar situation in 2010. Given a chance to stay up and the President and the committee came to me and said what do you think. I said frankly, we weren't any where near ready at that point and needed to regroup a lot more to ensure our club was strong. It took 2 years and we struck it lucky in 2012. People of quality like Wayno, Q and pardon the self indulgence, me, make educated assessments on the best thing for our clubs. History shows we get it right most times and our clubs are the only benefactors. ;)

**** me I've read it all now.

You just mad you weren't included in this esteemed group.

LOL i was just upset that AR hadn't been mentioned since he is the new major of Houghton!

Director of Strategic Planning & Policy thanking you.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:14 am

morell wrote:hahahahaha. Umpires get it right 99% of the time at amateur level.

Now that IS comedy gold.

Honestly, would be 60/40 in D6 and D7, as in, just a tipple over flipping a coin instead.

doubt it is 60/40 ......... but you know at umpire trainning they do talk about certain clubs and what to look out for so least the umpires that get stuck doing these games know the shit that is coming there way

clubs always feel robbed when a decision goes against them but like i said the player is nearly always at fault its hard for one eyed supporters to see that
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby beeroclock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:

Now that IS comedy gold.

doubt it is 60/40 ......... but you know at umpire trainning they do talk about certain clubs and what to look out for so least the umpires that get stuck doing these games know the shit that is coming there way

clubs always feel robbed when a decision goes against them but like i said the player is nearly always at fault its hard for one eyed supporters to see that

60/40 Morrel maybe stretching it a little.
But for you guys to discuss teams and go into a game with pre conceived thoughts is ridiculous.
I guess that's why 50s get paid against spectators too.
That doesn't incite any agro does it.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby OKC! » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:

Now that IS comedy gold.

You are tripping balls if you dont think its 60/40. Half the guys that do the job would struggle with under 11's.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:44 pm

I understand that as far as supporters go. You're allowed to cheer and express your disappointment towards your team, opposition and even to the umpires. But what I cannot stand is when supporters get stuck into an umpire and even to the point of abusing them and making threats towards them based on a decision he/she may have made. Without umpires the game wouldn't be played and there will be no game for the supporters to watch. End of the day there is going to be a winner and a loser (very rarely a draw). So the supporters just need to understand that and leave the umpires alone.
If in the past the supporters of few amateur league clubs just shut their mouths towards umpires and officials. Then maybe, just maybe the umpires would be more tolerant and fair towards those clubs that have a bad reputation.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:57 pm

And you should already understand that at Div 6 level, you're not going to get the best umpires in the league. All I can say is just play the footy in good spirits and not worry about the umpiring and everyone should enjoy a good game of footy.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I understand that as far as supporters go. You're allowed to cheer and express your disappointment towards your team, opposition and even to the umpires. But what I cannot stand is when supporters get stuck into an umpire and even to the point of abusing them and making threats towards them based on a decision he/she may have made. Without umpires the game wouldn't be played and there will be no game for the supporters to watch. End of the day there is going to be a winner and a loser (very rarely a draw). So the supporters just need to understand that and leave the umpires alone.
If in the past the supporters of few amateur league clubs just shut their mouths towards umpires and officials. Then maybe, just maybe the umpires would be more tolerant and fair towards those clubs that have a bad reputation.

I've never seen a free kick payed against Joffa before.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Honestly think about 40% of the decisions umpires make at this level would be technically incorrect or not within the spirit of the game. Of course that's completely anecdotal and I have nothing empirical to back it up. Obviously there are games where they get it right most of the time.

Considering the AFL thinks their umpires get approx 15% of their decisions wrong (1) , it wouldn't be anywhere near out of the question that a D6 amateur umpire would be going at 40%.

Also, shocked and disgusted that teams are specifically discussed at umpires training. Talk about prejudice. Make each decision on its merits FFS.

(1) http://www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/apprj/ ... 2-gill.pdf
morell
Coach

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:58 pm

morell wrote:Honestly think about 40% of the decisions umpires make at this level would be technically incorrect or not within the spirit of the game. Of course that's completely anecdotal and I have nothing empirical to back it up. Obviously there are games where they get it right most of the time.

Considering the AFL thinks their umpires get approx 15% of their decisions wrong (1) , it wouldn't be anywhere near out of the question that a D6 amateur umpire would be going at 40%.

Also, shocked and disgusted that teams are specifically discussed at umpires training. Talk about prejudice. Make each decision on its merits FFS.

I don't understand why people worry about umpires. I have played 14 years of footy between div 6 and div 4 and I reckon I could count on one hand the number of times an umpire has had a significant impact on the result. Yes they make mistakes but so do the players. Its a lot more likely that a players mistake will impact a result than an umpires mistake.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:05 pm

when players make less mistakes then umpires then we'll go blaming the umpires for loses...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby morell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:19 pm

WOS Dragons wrote:
morell wrote:Honestly think about 40% of the decisions umpires make at this level would be technically incorrect or not within the spirit of the game. Of course that's completely anecdotal and I have nothing empirical to back it up. Obviously there are games where they get it right most of the time.

I don't understand why people worry about umpires. I have played 14 years of footy between div 6 and div 4 and I reckon I could count on one hand the number of times an umpire has had a significant impact on the result. Yes they make mistakes but so do the players. Its a lot more likely that a players mistake will impact a result than an umpires mistake.
I'm not worried, and I agree, they've never altered a result that I have seen, but lets not pretend they're any good, or that major improvements couldn't be made.

One of the worst things you can do is compare them to players. They're not players and should not be held to the same standards. Completely different jobs, focuses and measurements of performance. This reasonably new way of thinking of "they're part of the game" is complete folly.

In addition, they may not have altered any results, but I reckon they've caused a fair few unnecessary blues, lost tempers and sullied reputations.

Perhaps this notion of making their mind up before they've even thrown a ball up might be part of the problem.
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:40 pm

They're always gonna get some wrong, all you can ask for is a little consistency.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:46 pm

doubt it is 60/40 ......... but you know at umpire trainning they do talk about certain clubs and what to look out for so least the umpires that get stuck doing these games know the shit that is coming there way.

I'm actually just struggling to come to terms with the comment above from Starky.
Basically says that mentioned clubs at Umpy training are trouble makers and let's clamp down early on them instead of calling it as we see it.
Not a good look,but hey thanks for the honesty and everyone suspected it anyway.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Q. wrote:They're always gonna get some wrong, all you can ask for is a little consistency.
You see I disagree. And this gives them an excuse. Their first and by far most important job is to get the decision right. That’s it.

If they're not doing that, then practice more…

Sorry but umpires are not holier than thou, in fact just the opposite, this trend of late to over protect them and treat them like princess unicorns has given them an ego and sense of entitlement to do what they please, which only makes matters worse.

Honestly think our sport is the worst adjudicated in the world. From the top to the bottom.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:59 pm

beeroclock wrote:I'm actually just struggling to come to terms with the comment above from Starky.
Basically says that mentioned clubs at Umpy training are trouble makers and let's clamp down early on them instead of calling it as we see it.
Not a good look,but hey thanks for the honesty and everyone suspected it anyway.
Simply amazing and explains A LOT. ;)
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:25 pm

South B/Hill Roos wrote:So I'm hearing Smithfield are loosing a few more players

Any names behind your comment or were you just bored?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 pm

its very common to hear about incidents from other umpires about games on the weekend a lot of the crap that happens is in the dregs of lower levels like div 6 or div 7 and yes if supporters like the new coach from salisbury west wanna talk shit towards umpires while sitting behind the salisbury west coaches box of course that will get back

ill use an example so central united guy puts poo on door handles you think thats not gonna play in the back of an umpires mind when he umpires them ??? or how about smithfield when they king hit players from behind or how about ingle farm when there supporters abuse the crap out of you

when you are told about these incidents you pay more attention to them so if i was to umpire one of these games i would do my best to umpire it to the best of my ability but in the back of my mind i would be looking out for these things also
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League