Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby all rounder » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:12 am

fair go days when you play state cricket instead of sitting in the pub then ya can have a crack, what you playing A2 A3 at best
all rounder
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby scud » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:29 pm

all rounder wrote:fair go days when you play state cricket instead of sitting in the pub then ya can have a crack, what you playing A2 A3 at best

A fair bit of sarcasm in what Days said mate I would've thought.

Not sure you'd want to question his cricketing credentials though mate.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:59 pm

scud wrote:
all rounder wrote:fair go days when you play state cricket instead of sitting in the pub then ya can have a crack, what you playing A2 A3 at best

A fair bit of sarcasm in what Days said mate I would've thought.

Not sure you'd want to question his cricketing credentials though mate.

whether he made 7, 70 or 700, the fact that he turned out for his 'community club' should be applauded!
I know the GV boys were raring to go once they heard the news. One would have thought the young lads from South would have loved playing with their mate and his inclusion may have have helped spike the bar takings for the day, throw on top some unsolicited press coverage of the league... everyone is winning (in particularly GV!, just sneak into the 4 boys thats all you need to do ;) )
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:25 pm

So you lose to a side that hasnt won a game this year with 4 grade cricketers in your side, what conclusion would you draw from that? I would say perhaps they got a little ahead of themselves and took the GV boys and standard of the comp a little too lightly.
Anyway with that loss you can look forward to a few more wins in the A1 resserves next season.

Serious question, maybe Angry Bull might know, had grade cricket not been called off last week would TTG been as keen for these boys to play in the local comp?
With the Test match weekend off as well and obviously their bye on the weekend they would have gone 4 weeks without a game
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Angry Bull » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

So you lose to a side that hasnt won a game this year with 4 grade cricketers in your side, what conclusion would you draw from that? I would say perhaps they got a little ahead of themselves and took the GV boys and standard of the comp a little too lightly.
Anyway with that loss you can look forward to a few more wins in the A1 resserves next season.

Serious question, maybe Angry Bull might know, had grade cricket not been called off last week would TTG been as keen for these boys to play in the local comp?
With the Test match weekend off as well and obviously their bye on the weekend they would have gone 4 weeks without a game

TTG are always happy for their players to go back to their community clubs when there is a bye or in the event of non selection. For instance, hosking senior and JV when he was playing for port. They'd much rather their guys having a hit, however this is all dependent on squad requirements ie: organized trials or a bonding session (beers). I know that the prolonged break was talked about and the guys were encouraged to play, sleepy and zads know that 30 minutes in the middle is greater than 5 hours in the nets.

Btw, am I the only one on here that thought GV had the game in the bag from the start. Call me one eyed, but if there was ever a bunch of underachieving upstarts that would cause, well lets be honest, 'an upset' like that it would be GV! Horns up!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby happyhawk » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:02 pm

whether he made 7, 70 or 700, the fact that he turned out for his 'community club' should be applauded!
I know the GV boys were raring to go once they heard the news. One would have thought the young lads from South would have loved playing with their mate and his inclusion may have have helped spike the bar takings for the day, throw on top some unsolicited press coverage of the league... everyone is winning (in particularly GV!, just sneak into the 4 boys thats all you need to do ;) )[/quote]

I completely agree. Good on him for playing back where it all started for him. He obviously still has good mates there and wanted to have a hit with them. He was fantastic in the field, encouraged and gave advice to a few young lads. It is also great publicity for the comp and like the angry bull said it may have given the bulls the kick in the arse we needed. The crowd was also a lot larger than a normal home and away game so everyone was a winner on the weekend.. cricket, the comp, bar takings and of course the GV bulls!
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby bennymacca » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:05 pm

i used to like Trav Head until I found out he plays for South ;)
Last edited by bennymacca on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Angry Bull » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:13 pm

bennymacca wrote:i used to like Trav Head until I found out he plays for Sough ;)

It makes it tough!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby all rounder » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:50 am

I generally agree with days on most things, not that impressed that our district players and a state cricketer comes back to play for the club that they started at and we cop sarcasm for it, its got to be good for our comp.
all rounder
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 am

all rounder wrote:I generally agree with days on most things, not that impressed that our district players and a state cricketer comes back to play for the club that they started at and we cop sarcasm for it, its got to be good for our comp.

Read back further on this board, and the years previous, Days loves stirring re: grade cricket, all tongue in cheek though (unless you mess with his Salisbury CC ;) ). Yet, I reckon he has always welcomed the great Greg "Big Show" Bain back with open arms when he could.
Focus on the positives AR, you have two, and quite possibly three in the coming weeks, A grade players at a Grade club (and a shield player obviously, and maybe more if you have any at ND) who are more than happy to come back and play, some clubs would kill for a record like that, let alone being able to have players of that quality available whenever possible.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 am

bennymacca wrote:i used to like Trav Head until I found out he plays for South ;)

So you don't like Head?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:i used to like Trav Head until I found out he plays for South ;)

So you don't like Head?

Not when Travis does it. Bit toothy. :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Slowey » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:00 am

What are peoples thoughts now close to the half way mark?

Scuds prediction after round 2
Freeling $2.50
Sandy creek $3.50
Angaston $5.00
Gilbert Valley $7.00
Nuri $15.00
Kapunda / Gawler Central $19.00
South Gawler $25.00

Still the same thoughts scud?
Slowey

Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Angaston slight favourites for me. Freeling next in line and with a full side should start once again destroying teams.
Sandy's brittle batting and over reliance on McLean sees them drop to third on the list. Im putting GV next, still have a good squad and hopefully fir them Saturday's win kickstarts their season, Nuri the surprise packet, many expected then to finish bottom or there abouts, Kapunda still capable on their day but not consistant enough. Centrals look in free fall ATM, have been rolled a few times this year cheaply, think they will fight with South for the spoon. As for South if you cant beat the bottom side with half a side of District players then you dont deserve to stay up, they will be back in the Ressies next year.
My current market
Angaston $2.10
Freeling $2.50
Sandy $5.00
GV $12.00
Nuri $19.00
Kapunda $25.00
Centrals $150.00
South $1000
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby norm11 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Angaston slight favourites for me. Freeling next in line and with a full side should start once again destroying teams.
Sandy's brittle batting and over reliance on McLean sees them drop to third on the list. Im putting GV next, still have a good squad and hopefully fir them Saturday's win kickstarts their season, Nuri the surprise packet, many expected then to finish bottom or there abouts, Kapunda still capable on their day but not consistant enough. Centrals look in free fall ATM, have been rolled a few times this year cheaply, think they will fight with South for the spoon. As for South if you cant beat the bottom side with half a side of District players then you dont deserve to stay up, they will be back in the Ressies next year.
My current market
Angaston $2.10
Freeling $2.50
Sandy $5.00
GV $12.00
Nuri $19.00
Kapunda $25.00
Centrals $150.00
South $1000

100 on sandy please.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:18 am

Everyone talks down their teams chances, not Norm11.

Sandy the favourites for mine closely followed by Freeling now that the Montgomery's are back.
That may change after next Saturdays game between Ango and Freeling. Il be prepared to give Ango a chance if they can knock off the reigning premiers.
Ango have accounted for all the average teams easily but were destroyed by Sandy Creek. Huge gap between the top 3 and the rest. It will be a massive advantage to finish top this year if you want an easy path to the Grand Final, not so if you want a good hit out on Semi Final weekend.
Any of the remaining 5 could get relegated. South and Central to battle that out.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby scud » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Slowey wrote:What are peoples thoughts now close to the half way mark?

Freeling $2.50
Sandy creek $3.50
Angaston $5.00
Gilbert Valley $7.00
Nuri $15.00
South Gawler $25.00

Yep, only thing is Ango into $3.80, Gilbert and Nuri are at $10's
Kap $14 and gawler central $40 and South are out to $100

Freeling still going to be hard to beat with apparently the BEST captain in the business...
scud
Under 16s

Postby Slowey » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:13 am

scud wrote:

Freeling $2.50
Sandy creek $3.50
Angaston $5.00
Gilbert Valley $7.00
Nuri $15.00
South Gawler $25.00

Freeling still going to be hard to beat with apparently the BEST captain in the business...

I think you are on the money. I still think Gilbert Valley are too far back now to pass Kapunda for 4th Spot.
The top 3 look better than the rest, South will be alot better when R.Barker comes back from injury.
Slowey

Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby THE POPE » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:07 pm

scud wrote:

Freeling $2.50
Sandy creek $3.50
Angaston $5.00
Gilbert Valley $7.00
Nuri $15.00
South Gawler $25.00

Going on the stats over the past 2 seasons I'd have to agree with you spud!!! DEF the best captain in the business!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
THE POPE
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby scud » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:08 pm

THE POPE wrote:
scud wrote:

Freeling $2.50
Sandy creek $3.50
Angaston $5.00
Gilbert Valley $7.00
Nuri $15.00
South Gawler $25.00

Going on the stats over the past 2 seasons I'd have to agree with you spud!!! DEF the best captain in the business!!!

Ahh spud-scud I see what you have done there, good job!!! But just FYI bluey knows I rate him very highly, and it was a bit of a joke from a drunken conversation at the test. Luckily stats from past two years means not much this year though. It's a even top 3 with GV still very much a dark horse.
scud
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps