Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby jet-airport » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:04 am

twobob wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:
jet-airport wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.
Thanks for the expected rocket Snappa. Not going to quote a $ amount but it would be a significant - I know the amount he was asking for to return to HV
I would estimate he would be earning more than most MV players and for a club whose hierarchy has preached over the years that they "dont pay players" I think you just made an exception.

I wasn't talking about BC front and centre , he was always going round again at MV, think you will find another HV coach who unbelievably is for 2015 "now no longer required at the football club" was the person I was alluding too that got NPG to HVFC.

Regarding PETO, it's not onlyl about the money for him - SUCCESS has always driven the bloke! Good luck to him if he is actually back in the SFL - CAN PLAY!

:shock: Losing Macca / johhnny would be massive! and may be the start of a little slide down the ladder for the Taylor's road boys, picking up Marion blokes and paying them $$ tends to lean that way. :o

Ohh well time will tell.

The bloke you are referring to hasnt been told he is no longer required - applied for A grade job ONLY and didnt get it. Didnt apply for other coaching jobs so he cant complain. :?

Yeah Jonny and Macka would be massive losses but are both going? :?

Dunno anyone that has said we are paying Marion blokes :?

What about Tommy Mc Namara? I'm hearing whispers

Heard a rumour at the Pub last night as you do :D ..... that T-MAC gone?? Can anyone confirm?
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby 1919 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:Noticed a post about the rebel Edwardstown juniors getting kicked off their oval. Any truth to this? Any chance of a reunion?

Not kicked off EV. The EFC juniors are returning to the Towns ground in 2015 and will continue in Metro South for one more season. I understand that the long term plan for 2016 is that they will then become one club and finally fulfill the SFL agreement to field all juniors in the league. Hopefully it all comes to fruit so the club can get back to realising its decision to be a strong club in the SFL.

Thanks for the clarifier Yank.

It would appear in 2016 when they are one club again all that bad blood will have been for naught. I wonder how many life long friendships will have been lost as a result? How many kids left for greener pastures? How much time, effort and $$ will have been put into a breakaway club only to return a few years laters. It's all a bit puzzling from an outsiders perspective

Puzzling for those inside as well EV. I started the juniors in 1995 with Andrew Millington who went to West Adelide in 2000. 5 years of hard work to give the club a future. Unfortunately there still seems to be some egos that don't have much regard for SFL but the goal is to work together for the common thread. They will remain EFCJSC for 2015 because of ongoing sponsorship arrangements and have the full season to put it back together. Yes I'm sure a few good people and players have been affected and probably moved on. But what is done is done and can't be changed but at least they're back together and have a base to work with.

Don't count the chickens before they're hatched folks. To the best of my knowledge there's nothing official that the juniors have any intention of leaving MSJFL. In fact MSJFL changed their constitution extending the minimum notice member clubs had to give. Don't know exactly what it was coz it was done at AGM meeting EFC officials were not entitled to attend as we has already resigned but two years rings a bell and sure the MSJFL syncophants that troll this site can confirm. That would mean EFC juniors in SFL in 2017 at earliest. Now, I'd bet the new committee providel notice to SFL that EFC are heading back to SAAFL before resignation from MSJFL occurs.

Looking forward to the rush of denials from the usual suspects and will not believe one of them until I see a resignation notice to MSJFL. SFL and member clubs should be demanding that EFC submit resignation notice to MSJFL ASAP.
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Apart from the condensing of Suburban district leagues to the SAAFL in the mid 90's has there been a successful long term case of a club swapping leagues and being successful in any league in SA in the last 20 years?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:08 am

1919 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Yank Man wrote:[quote="Esteban Vihaio"]Noticed a post about the rebel Edwardstown juniors getting kicked off their oval. Any truth to this? Any chance of a reunion?

Not kicked off EV. The EFC juniors are returning to the Towns ground in 2015 and will continue in Metro South for one more season. I understand that the long term plan for 2016 is that they will then become one club and finally fulfill the SFL agreement to field all juniors in the league. Hopefully it all comes to fruit so the club can get back to realising its decision to be a strong club in the SFL.

Thanks for the clarifier Yank.

It would appear in 2016 when they are one club again all that bad blood will have been for naught. I wonder how many life long friendships will have been lost as a result? How many kids left for greener pastures? How much time, effort and $$ will have been put into a breakaway club only to return a few years laters. It's all a bit puzzling from an outsiders perspective

Puzzling for those inside as well EV. I started the juniors in 1995 with Andrew Millington who went to West Adelide in 2000. 5 years of hard work to give the club a future. Unfortunately there still seems to be some egos that don't have much regard for SFL but the goal is to work together for the common thread. They will remain EFCJSC for 2015 because of ongoing sponsorship arrangements and have the full season to put it back together. Yes I'm sure a few good people and players have been affected and probably moved on. But what is done is done and can't be changed but at least they're back together and have a base to work with.

Don't count the chickens before they're hatched folks. To the best of my knowledge there's nothing official that the juniors have any intention of leaving MSJFL. In fact MSJFL changed their constitution extending the minimum notice member clubs had to give. Don't know exactly what it was coz it was done at AGM meeting EFC officials were not entitled to attend as we has already resigned but two years rings a bell and sure the MSJFL syncophants that troll this site can confirm. That would mean EFC juniors in SFL in 2017 at earliest. Now, I'd bet the new committee providel notice to SFL that EFC are heading back to SAAFL before resignation from MSJFL occurs.

Looking forward to the rush of denials from the usual suspects and will not believe one of them until I see a resignation notice to MSJFL. SFL and member clubs should be demanding that EFC submit resignation notice to MSJFL ASAP.[/quote]
Edwardstown would not need to give any notice to leave MSJFL because they are already a member club of the SFL. They just have to nominate the relevant teams in February. Just get it done!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:48 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Apart from the condensing of Suburban district leagues to the SAAFL in the mid 90's has there been a successful long term case of a club swapping leagues and being successful in any league in SA in the last 20 years?

McLaren & Brighton off the top of my head.

The centralisation of metro leagues mean that a large number of clubs are trapped with no real other options. The ones that change generally have problems that are deeper than what league they play in.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby 1919 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Edwardstown would not need to give any notice to leave MSJFL because they are already a member club of the SFL. They just have to nominate the relevant teams in February. Just get it done!

Just to be transparent, I'm no longer involved in any capacity at EFC and have no knowledge of the clubs or EJSC intentions with regards EFC and juniors in SFL.

LGIL, I hope you are right, it's simple to nominate the teams, but then you need players to fill them. The junior players in question are currently registered with MSJFL as EJSC players not EFC players, so I've done some research. According to MSJFL website and constitution, clubs wishing to resign their membership must notify the MSJFL secretary in writing not later than six months prior to the AGM each year. Their AGM is held last Wednesday in November each year. On that basis, notification in writing to resign EJSC membership would need to have been provided to MSJFL in May 2014 for automatic clearance of players to the EFC club in SFL league, I assume the notification did not occur, meaning if protocol is to be followed, EJSC and it's players remain in MSJFL for 2015 at least. Alternatively, according to MSJFL constitution, EJSC could simply default on the notification period but EJSC would then be liable to MSJFL for the full season subscriptions for 2015. This would not be so bad if fees same as SFL junior sides but from what I've seen of MSJFL fee structure in the past and the number of teams EJSC fielded last season it could be $5k to $6k hit. Not sure there are too many clubs that could poor that sort of money down the drain.
Rookie

Postby Yank Man » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:39 pm

1919 wrote:

Just to be transparent, I'm no longer involved in any capacity at EFC and have no knowledge of the clubs or EJSC intentions with regards EFC and juniors in SFL.

LGIL, I hope you are right, it's simple to nominate the teams, but then you need players to fill them. The junior players in question are currently registered with MSJFL as EJSC players not EFC players, so I've done some research. According to MSJFL website and constitution, clubs wishing to resign their membership must notify the MSJFL secretary in writing not later than six months prior to the AGM each year. Their AGM is held last Wednesday in November each year. On that basis, notification in writing to resign EJSC membership would need to have been provided to MSJFL in May 2014 for automatic clearance of players to the EFC club in SFL league, I assume the notification did not occur, meaning if protocol is to be followed, EJSC and it's players remain in MSJFL for 2015 at least. Alternatively, according to MSJFL constitution, EJSC could simply default on the notification period but EJSC would then be liable to MSJFL for the full season subscriptions for 2015. This would not be so bad if fees same as SFL junior sides but from what I've seen of MSJFL fee structure in the past and the number of teams EJSC fielded last season it could be $5k to $6k hit. Not sure there are too many clubs that could poor that sort of money down the drain.

Or the Ejsfc could just dissolve at the end of 2015 and no further be an identity.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby 1919 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Yank Man wrote:
1919 wrote:

Or the Ejsfc could just dissolve at the end of 2015 and no further be an identity.

Still leaves EFC without juniors in SFL for 2015,. Like I said, SFL fans shouldn't
be counting their chickens yet. Would be interested to hear EFC response to a few questions from SFL on where they now see their future for both senior and junior sides
Rookie

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:39 am

1919 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
1919 wrote:

Still leaves EFC without juniors in SFL for 2015,. Like I said, SFL fans shouldn't
be counting their chickens yet. Would be interested to hear EFC response to a few questions from SFL on where they now see their future for both senior and junior sides

To be pedantic, will they continue to fill Under 18's? Technically they are still juniors. That said I never saw the value in under 18's. IMO 18 year olds should be playing senior footy with under 17's being the highest junior grade.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:04 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
1919 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
1919 wrote:Just to be transparent, I'm no longer involved in any capacity at EFC and have no knowledge of the clubs or EJSC intentions with regards EFC and juniors in SFL.

To be pedantic, will they continue to fill Under 18's? Technically they are still juniors. That said I never saw the value in under 18's. IMO 18 year olds should be playing senior footy with under 17's being the highest junior grade.

Don't start this argument, there are some in this league that think 21 year olds should still be in underage teams :shock:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Yank Man » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:21 am

1919 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
1919 wrote:

Yes but at least they are closer to their goal than they were in 2014. I would say that the conversations I have had very recently with some close friends at EFC is that 2016 could have the WHOLE club in a good place. No one is counting chickens but the reality is this re-union could see the club become the powerhouse they were and believe me its in a lot better hands now than it was.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Bulldogsculthero25 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Looking for U/17 players, any skill level. If you or your son is looking for a new club or challenges message me for details.
Bulldogsculthero25
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby 1919 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Yank Man wrote:Yes but at least they are closer to their goal than they were in 2014. I would say that the conversations I have had very recently with some close friends at EFC is that 2016 could have the WHOLE club in a good place. No one is counting chickens but the reality is this re-union could see the club become the powerhouse they were and believe me its in a lot better hands now than it was.

That's a bloody cheap shot YM. You know only too well it was in those hands only because no one else had the nuts to stand up and make some hard decisions and stop writing cheques that couldn't be cashed. Every ex Townie hopes to see the club return to it's former status as a powerhouse and the reality is that could have happened faster without the disruptions enacted by the junior contingent.

The question still remains, what is their goal YM, do they intend remaining in SFL? Reckon you'd have a good idea given the conversations you've had very recently with some close friends at EFC.
Rookie

Postby Yank Man » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:30 pm

1919 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Yes but at least they are closer to their goal than they were in 2014. I would say that the conversations I have had very recently with some close friends at EFC is that 2016 could have the WHOLE club in a good place. No one is counting chickens but the reality is this re-union could see the club become the powerhouse they were and believe me its in a lot better hands now than it was.

That's a bloody cheap shot YM. You know only too well it was in those hands only because no one else had the nuts to stand up and make some hard decisions and stop writing cheques that couldn't be cashed. Every ex Townie hopes to see the club return to it's former status as a powerhouse and the reality is that could have happened faster without the disruptions enacted by the junior contingent.

The question still remains, what is their goal YM, do they intend remaining in SFL? Reckon you'd have a good idea given the conversations you've had very recently with some close friends at EFC.

Sorry 1919 not taking pot shots. Think you misread my comments, the juniors are in better hands now and I understand a lot of people had worked hard to stop them breaking away. The clubs intention is clearly to stay in SFL and have all teams including juniors playing together in 2016. Hope it works out for all those who have worked hard on it.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Go for it » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:25 am

Good pick up for Flagstaff hill Alex Carey.
Was on GWS list for a couple of years.
Go for it

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:33 am

Go for it wrote:Good pick up for Flagstaff hill Alex Carey.
Was on GWS list for a couple of years.

Ex-junior returns. Good stuff!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 pm

Few good pick ups I hear.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:30 am

When is the draw released? Or even a draft one... The league has only put up the first 3 rounds.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:34 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:When is the draw released? Or even a draft one... The league has only put up the first 3 rounds.

The full fixture is up onthe SFL home page as far as i can see....
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby jet-airport » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:00 pm

WTF........ were 10 weeks away from 2015 and nothing on here?? surely things happening!!
Ill kick some off... all hear say I might add, but that's what its about this time of year!

Shoes -will be tough to beat again, may of lost 1 or 2 ??, were looking for a SFL gun to jump ship$$$$$$$
Wineys -picked up a few, rumour is have strengthened list for 2015.
Emu's -looking the goods with a couple of club stalwarts returning is the goss!
Cockle divers- Not heard much at all, may be a good thing!! around the mark again you would think.
Valleys lost some big names, mostly senior blokes who have shouldered the load for some years.
Brighton- Who cares!!!!! :) ( had to say it)..... 2nd year of the new coach 2015 .....not hearing much.
Flaggy's picked up plenty, ex AFL, few returning youngsters, and blokes turning up on the doorstep from interstate!!
Twisties- Glenelg connections coming through this year?? couple of injured blokes back and ready to go!
Hackham- waving cash at young fellas across the league,??
Saints- Lost some numbers for 2015, may be a tougher year to continue improvement shown last year.
Lions Sharks Edwardstown Marion 9 weeks to go ??????????
Last edited by jet-airport on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL