SANFL Club Finances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Postby LPH » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Port supporters questioning financial handouts & 'helping hands' given to other Clubs?
Interesting...
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby kickinit » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:37 pm

LPH wrote:Port supporters questioning financial handouts & 'helping hands' given to other Clubs?
Interesting...

Everyone is on the the front foot when it us, so why shouldn't we be able to. My stance is the SANFL should have been helping all the clubs out a lot more then they have. The SANFL have made many millions out of SA football and the only club that is doing half decent is a club that is getting headquarters rent free.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Special One » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:13 am

Been told the SANFL are about to let loose on the AFL when a agreement finishes.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby DOC » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:29 am

kickinit wrote:
LPH wrote:Port supporters questioning financial handouts & 'helping hands' given to other Clubs?
Interesting...

Everyone is on the the front foot when it us, so why shouldn't we be able to. My stance is the SANFL should have been helping all the clubs out a lot more then they have. The SANFL have made many millions out of SA football and the only club that is doing half decent is a club that is getting headquarters rent free.

You are quite right.

If they had not been pouring money down the throat of Port they would have been in a position to.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2084 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:37 am

DOC wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Interesting...

You are quite right.

If they had not been pouring money down the throat of Port they would have been in a position to.

That's a load of crap. They had a stadium which was sponsored and which they were making millions from. $70m from the land sale and the clubs aren't going to see a cent? The SANFL have a lot to answer to why football in this state is in such a bad state.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:03 am

kickinit wrote:
Interesting...

I didn't realise South received $16.5m in handouts from the SANFL
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:07 am

kickinit wrote:
DOC wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Interesting...

You are quite right.

That's a load of crap. They had a stadium which was sponsored and which they were making millions from. $70m from the land sale and the clubs aren't going to see a cent? The SANFL have a lot to answer to why football in this state is in such a bad state.

Yeah but an extra $16.5m would have helped. That's just over $2m each plus interest. Nothing for South to worry about with $1.7m left over.... Oh hang on
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:42 am

johntheclaret wrote:
kickinit wrote:
DOC wrote:
kickinit wrote:[quote="LPH"]Port supporters questioning financial handouts & 'helping hands' given to other Clubs?
Interesting...

You are quite right.

Yeah but an extra $16.5m would have helped. That's just over $2m each plus interest. Nothing for South to worry about with $1.7m left over.... Oh hang on[/quote]
2mil for an SANFL club would be very handy indeed. But even with out the 16.5mil that went to Port, how much did the SANFL make from AAMI over the years? ? Think they did ok and even with the crows free rent deal the SANFL should be well off at the moment. Not sure what's accurate at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:21 am

Interesting...

Or you can be objective enough to see that one issue has nothing to do with the other.I've never denied the help Port Adelaide has been given, I'm very thankful for it.

Or you can be a simpleton and think they are part of the same discussion. Which they aren't, but because I support Port Adelaide anything I say on any subject is immediately related to our finances or the 2007 GF.

Anyway, on a more exciting unpredictable note, who you supporting next year?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:22 am

johntheclaret wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Interesting...

See my comment above, John boy.

Surely one conversation can be conducted without it being made all about another?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:30 am

Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Interesting...

Surely one conversation can be conducted without it being made all about another?

It can but wont be. Im more interested in whats going on with the SANFL at the moment and into the future.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LPH » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:23 am

So discussions about 'financial assistance' should not include the bailouts given to your 'One Club', Booney?
What about the $2 million cash advance (as a "future dividend") given to the Magpies in 2012/13?
Please, be objective.

As for who I am supporting: I repeat (as it is stated on another thread)... I will financially support South but probably won't go to many games.
I realise that for you, that might be hard to swallow & no doubt will drag up some shite about "loyalty" & whatever, but considering your Reserves Team is now so strong that in all likelihood, it will finish Top 3 again, that type of comment is irrelevant, isn't it?
BTW, remind us all again how it is possible to post a season loss when you can get 50K Membership - let me guess, SANFL's fault again?

Also, I see that your Ruckman for all but 3 games last year, including the GF has left to go to Sturt - Why? Not happy @ being 'fodder' for the AFL side?
Irony?
Seems the only SANFL Player left is your overpaid Captain, the rest are AFL listed Power Players.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm

One discussion is about the monies the SANFL has given Port Adelaide ( not actually anything to do with this thread, you'll find several hundred others on these boards though ).

This discussion, the one I was most interested in, was how South Adelaide managed to secure a loan against a 99 year lease given to them by the former Premier of the State.

Without thinking too hard, they seem like two fairly distinct issues.

So while you feel it's "interesting" that a Port supporter is commenting on another clubs financials, it's probably unreasonable to think or suggest that I/other Port supporters can't comment on anything related to football club finances around the state or country, or is that how you see it? Let me know, I'll take a moment to consider your opinion. It will, actually, be interesting.

Enjoy your day.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby o five » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Their all lying pigs who I would not trust.
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby JohnnyG » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:46 pm

o five wrote:Their all lying pigs who I would not trust.

I presume you're referring to the Port Power club
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:49 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 7150954316

It was all fine when they were winning and that amazing dynasty has actually done harm. I also think that Centrals may not have planned ahead very well as it was always going to end.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:48 pm

A weak Bulldogs does nothing for the league. I hope they can keep their Junior programs going, and not just for football reasons either.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Interesting...

See kickinit's opening line of his post ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/central-district-bulldogs-call-for-fans-to-back-the-club-to-avoid-cuts-to-junior-programs/story-fni9ll1r-1227150954316

It was all fine when they were winning and that amazing dynasty has actually done harm. I also think that Centrals may not have planned ahead very well as it was always going to end.

You also have to consider the area they are in. A lot of people in that area would work for Holden or someone who does work for them. Tough times a head out there, I only expect centrals situation to get worse.

Is it time for the SANFl to drop the Jnr's and we have a separate Jnr's program?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Special One » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:59 pm

kickinit wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/central-district-bulldogs-call-for-fans-to-back-the-club-to-avoid-cuts-to-junior-programs/story-fni9ll1r-1227150954316

You also have to consider the area they are in. A lot of people in that area would work for Holden or someone who does work for them. Tough times a head out there, I only expect centrals situation to get worse.

Is it time for the SANFl to drop the Jnr's and we have a separate Jnr's program?

Funding has significantly drop due the AFL trying to black mail the SANFL to change their name. Been told by a stakeholder of the SANFL, SANFL will disclose and have a crack at the AFL once a confidentiality agreement finishes.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL