Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:00 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:Reckon Sayers is a better bowler than starc

Unfortunatley for Chaddly he bowls 10kms to slow for international cricket IMO. Starc has the tools to be a very good international bowler.

Was a big fan of Starc when he first came into the team, but seems to have stalled and not improved over the last 3-4 years.

On a another note, after bagging the Indians for slow over rates in Adelaide, the Aussies have been shocking today as well. Borderline cheating IMO.

Yeah the over rate is hell shit, only bowled 70 overs with an hour left in the days play.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:01 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

Unfortunatley for Chaddly he bowls 10kms to slow for international cricket IMO. Starc has the tools to be a very good international bowler.

Was a big fan of Starc when he first came into the team, but seems to have stalled and not improved over the last 3-4 years.

On a another note, after bagging the Indians for slow over rates in Adelaide, the Aussies have been shocking today as well. Borderline cheating IMO.

slow over rates pisses me off so much. the players should get fined 5% per over they are behind, 10% for the captain, and suspended for subsequent offences. It really isn't that hard, they just aren't as strict on it as they are in one day games
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Lyon. Doing what S.Marsh couldn't.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 pm

Really need to be into their tail by stumps.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 pm

I don't understand why they don't try to get through the overs quicker to put a bit of pressure back on the batting team. Bowl 32 in the first two sessions, then can take it slowly and only bowl 26 in the last session when they may be looking to score more quickly. Know it is a little different on the first morning when the fast men are on.

Aussies will be about 6 overs short tonight which won't be made up. In Adelaide Indians were 7 overs short when Australia were trying to push for a score, but on the last day, play was going to go till 6.15-6.20 to get all the overs in. Of course Clarke didn't have to declare overnight, but to bat on would have then reduced India's chances of being bowled out. Borderline cheating.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:50 pm

both starc and hazelwood also looking ginger. we could be in real trouble here
bennymacca
Coach

Postby locky801 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:both starc and hazelwood also looking ginger. we could be in real trouble here

Johnson not actually bowling with fire or venom either and just twitted that Johnson is also injured but doesnt say what
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3694 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:00 pm

bennymacca wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

slow over rates pisses me off so much. the players should get fined 5% per over they are behind, 10% for the captain, and suspended for subsequent offences. It really isn't that hard, they just aren't as strict on it as they are in one day games

Yep, agree
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Just make them stay out there until the overs are bowled but only if the team that is on the receiving end of the bad over rate wants to stay out there. ie Today im sure India would have kept batting until they received 90. If it was a situation where India were trying to save the game they would go off
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:36 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Just make them stay out there until the overs are bowled but only if the team that is on the receiving end of the bad over rate wants to stay out there. ie Today im sure India would have kept batting until they received 90. If it was a situation where India were trying to save the game they would go off

You still run into issues with bad light etc. should be 30 overs a session or a good excuse why not.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Fuggin hot seems a good excuse. The batsman were getting extra drinks as well which contributes.

For the record i hate slow over rates, but the weather does have an impact. Plus our chalky bowlers breaking down every 5 minutes.
Whats with that?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Starc was putrid today, Nathan Bracken MkII. Looks a million bucks with a white ball but goes to water with a red ball. Just a pity all of our decent quicks are injured ATM
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Jim05 wrote:Starc was putrid today, Nathan Bracken MkII. Looks a million bucks with a white ball but goes to water with a red ball. Just a pity all of our decent quicks are injured ATM

Yes if only all our quicks were all up and firing all once, which three quicks would people on here have in their test side assuming they were all fit? I'd have Johnson, Harris and James Pattinson.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jim05 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Starc was putrid today, Nathan Bracken MkII. Looks a million bucks with a white ball but goes to water with a red ball. Just a pity all of our decent quicks are injured ATM

Yes if only all our quicks were all up and firing all once, which three quicks would people on here have in their test side assuming they were all fit? I'd have Johnson, Harris and James Pattinson.

All fit Cummins has to play IMO.
MJ/Harris/Cummins in England would be awesome
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:32 am

This may seem to be a bit harsh, BUT cricket is a summer sport and using the heat as an excuse is pretty crap imo. They are professional athletes...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:47 am

tigerpie wrote:Fuggin hot seems a good excuse. The batsman were getting extra drinks as well which contributes.

For the record i hate slow over rates, but the weather does have an impact. Plus our chalky bowlers breaking down every 5 minutes.
Whats with that?

But isn't that what the extra half-hour is for anyway? And they still only bowled 83 overs
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:05 am

Where's the true Aussie grit and show some fight ffs. Watching our bowlers and fielders make simple mistakes is driving me insane. I know they are human like us, but they are also professionals where what they do they get paid big bucks to do. Plus they train and they train for long periods of time enhancing their skills. Whether that be bowling, batting, wicket keeping and also believe it or not, fielding. That's one area in the sport that not one player cant say that fielding is not their specialty. I know that there are players present and that have played in the past where fielding was their specialty (Andrew Symonds, Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh, Jonty Rhodes,etc.....), and boy were they good and awesome to watch. I just don't think the Australian players that we are seeing today see fielding as important as batting and bowling.
I'm not saying that I was the best fielder to not play for Australia (hahahaha. Just imagine if you could get picked to play for Australia just based on your fielding skills.) But whenever I took the field, I was always pumped and ready to pounce on the ball when it came my way. And not too many got past me. I took pleasure in taking catches and if I dropped one I was pretty pissed off at myself along with the bowler and the rest of the blokes. Its like you've let the team down.
I just think they Aussie boys need to find that fire inside of them and not urn to piss when the going gets tough and start hearing excuses about tight muscles and the weather being so hot. Just go out there and play with some fire and entusiasm and enjoy cricket whether it be you're smashing the opposition or getting belted (Like what may happen to us in the 2nd test).
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:11 am

it was only one bad day, we shouldn't get too carried away. a couple of quick ones early, and their tail will crumble. if we can bowl them out for less than 400 i think we can still win the test
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 am

how are we going to bowl them out with no fit bowlers left???
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby mal » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 am

I wonder how Ashwin feels ?
The way Adelaide Oval played it would have suited his bowling
Think the Indian selectors made a boo boo not playing him
And now gets selected in the 2nd test

Will be interested to see how he performs with the ball
He is often magicianul on Indian decks , but his form in Australia , last tour was well below par

IN 4/311 Stumps day 1
Rahane 75*
Sharma 26*

MJ will be the key , I think he will get Rahane out early
MJ to finish with 3 wickets today
I think India will be all out for 416
Australia 2/189 at Stumps day 2
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1149 times
Been liked: 903 times

PreviousNext