3%
Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby Demon Juke » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Of course you would want to have a crack at div 4 because you are a chance for a flag, if you go up there is no chance for a flag and it's all about trying to just stay up. I don't blame you because i think you are doing the right thing, If you win promotion next year you have 6 months to plan for it.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:45 am

HV will be staying in Div 4 in 2015

We would like to play in Division 3 on our merits and gain promotion by making the Grand Final in Division 4 (and winning it would be nice too)

I'm my opinion, clubs picking and choosing where they want to play (mainly due to poor management) effects the integrity of the whole SAAFL competition and it needs to stop
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Follower » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:17 am

Why would any club not want to play as higher division as possible?? As most know, it is pretty hard to make a grand final and go up a division (just ask golden grove), so when it is handed to you on a plate why not take it? Your club may not be in a position to challenge or play finals in the higher division, but still it is worth a shot.[/quote]
Not sure. Ask Salisbury, Kilburn, Eastern Park and Pooraka who have already made the decision[/quote]

salisbury just got relegated from div 3 and need to regroup
eastern park just played a strong season in div 4 after being relegated but have lost some key players
pooraka have only been relegated 2-3 years ago and have been rebuilding since key players retired

so yes pooraka is in a nice spot at the moment but didnt think it was at a stage to make the jump into 3 this year but in saying that we are looking at having a strong year in div 4 in our 100th year as a club[/quote]

The jump from Division 4 to division 3 is not huge IMO so if you believe your club is in a position to challenge for the flag in div 4 in 2015, then IMO they should have taken the opportunity to go up to div 3 and be competitive. Alot of clubs are strong all year and then fall over come finals, so if the opportunity is handed to you I believe you should take it. Same goes for Eastern Park who were only just short of making the GF this year. Both Eastern Park and Pooraka have been strong clubs in the higher divisions in previous years, and that should be where they want to get back too.
The underlining problem is still that the SAAFL is letting clubs choose whether or not they want to be promoted when making a gf though.
i think salisbury pooraka and eastern park all had different reasons for not going up into div 3
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:37 am

Hang on FF, in one breath you've slammed clubs for not taking the opportunity to go up and then in the other, you've said the same clubs had reasons for not going up.

How about this for a theory.

If you weren't meant to play in a div in 2015,. don't play there - we've seen too many examples of it ending in tears and this is why we will now this unevenness until it all pans itself out again through natural selection. Glenunga is possibly the only club to disprove this theory to a degree.

I don't understand why you'd jeapordise your own clubs success to do a favour for a struggling club that hasn't done the right thing. At short notice and without the appropriate pre-season or preparation, the best you could hope for is NOT to be relegated - and that isn't what any club should strive for.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 am

I think people misunderstand the concepts of divisions.

My understanding is they are there so that the competition is even, and you are playing teams of relatively similar skill.

Playing in the higher divisions is the goal of a lot of clubs, but they shouldn't go up when they aren't at the same standard as the clubs in that division.

I think a lot of clubs are not arrogant enough to think they are better than they are, and have decided to stay in the division they deserve to play in.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Buddys wife » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 pm

I think if your club has been strong in the previous year and has the opportunity to go up you should take it. It only takes a bad run of injuries and you could be fighting off relegation in that lower div
Buddys wife

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:25 pm

maybe if salisbury west can muster together say 10-15 grand and pay a club to take there spot in div 3 a few would consider it

the jump from div 4 to div 3 in my opinion is 3-4 decent players on top of the current playing list

1.ruckmen
2.midfielder of quality
3.CHB who has played at stronger div say div 1,2 or even SANFL or reserves
4.just another quality player like a wingmen

thats probably what any div 4 club would need at this stage to go into div 3
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Buddys wife wrote:I think if your club has been strong in the previous year and has the opportunity to go up you should take it. It only takes a bad run of injuries and you could be fighting off relegation in that lower div

How about those that rightfully get the opportunity take it as well? Paying players and glory hunting is not good club culture and if it forces your club to fold then take it because your board of directors chose this path.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Buddys wife wrote:I think if your club has been strong in the previous year and has the opportunity to go up you should take it. It only takes a bad run of injuries and you could be fighting off relegation in that lower div

If you might be fighting to stay up in Div 4 at the end of the year, why would you even consider accepting the free ride to Div 3?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:36 pm

heater31 wrote:

How about those that rightfully get the opportunity take it as well? Paying players and glory hunting is not good club culture and if it forces your club to fold then take it because your board of directors chose this path.

Choosing to not go up by a grand final side, shouldn't be an option... You were good enough to make to a GF, so you MUST go up and if something bad happens in the off season, well bad luck...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby tkr » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:01 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Choosing to not go up by a grand final side, shouldn't be an option... You were good enough to make to a GF, so you MUST go up and if something bad happens in the off season, well bad luck.

Absolutely correct that is what promotion/relegation is all about!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:03 pm

tkr wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Choosing to not go up by a grand final side, shouldn't be an option... You were good enough to make to a GF, so you MUST go up and if something bad happens in the off season, well bad luck.

Absolutely correct that is what promotion/relegation is all about!

This is some funny stuff, why would u have to go up after making a grand final! comical!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 pm

you aware how the promotion relegation system works in the saafl?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:you aware how the promotion relegation system works in the saafl?

after plympton handed brahma lodge that spanking in the GF you can see why they went the other way :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Hang on FF, in one breath you've slammed clubs for not taking the opportunity to go up and then in the other, you've said the same clubs had reasons for not going up.

How about this for a theory.

If you weren't meant to play in a div in 2015,. don't play there - we've seen too many examples of it ending in tears and this is why we will now this unevenness until it all pans itself out again through natural selection. Glenunga is possibly the only club to disprove this theory to a degree.

I don't understand why you'd jeapordise your own clubs success to do a favour for a struggling club that hasn't done the right thing. At short notice and without the appropriate pre-season or preparation, the best you could hope for is NOT to be relegated - and that isn't what any club should strive for.

Yeah nah.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:32 pm

HH3 wrote:

If you might be fighting to stay up in Div 4 at the end of the year, why would you even consider accepting the free ride to Div 3?

If you are fighting for survival in Div 4, take the promotion if it is on offer - you have secured your spot at your current level for 2016 in the worst case, you also secure promotion without having to rely on making this year's grand final, and merely only have to finish in the top 8 to retain it.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
HH3 wrote:

If you are fighting for survival in Div 4, take the promotion if it is on offer - you have secured your spot at your current level for 2016 in the worst case, you also secure promotion without having to rely on making this year's grand final, and merely only have to finish in the top 8 to retain it.

Here in the "Ammos", we don't just like to participate, we like to be competitive. You SFL blokes wouldn't understand.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
HH3 wrote:

That's a horrible idea. You'd end up getting belted every game and get relegated back to Div 4 anyway.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:50 pm

As if there really is that big of difference between div 3 all the way down to the best sides of div 6
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:55 pm

marbles wrote:As if there really is that big of difference between div 3 all the way down to the best sides of div 6

So you dont think their can be much difference in skill between 40 clubs (80 teams)?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League