Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:38 pm

marbles wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:So what our friend Marbles is trying to say - is that Kenilworth players in D4, don't run anywhere near as much as Walkerville players in D2, during a home game.

any bloke who cannot comprehend the concept of gut running, to travel distances or 4-5kms in games of football is a moron

spectators (ie: Footy Chick) who never in their life have had to bust their ass and run another 100 metres to chase a football, after just running 100 metres in the middle of a 4th quarter where he or she has already run 5km so far in the game

i dont have to preach to you guys, infact i hope you all stay as lame unwilling amatuer underachieving footballers who fear divisions above them

plympton failed, but hey look at PNU, geeze theyre still slack **** div 4 players, but somehow theyre in div 1 now, no way are they gut running footballers according to all you buttheads

I run my guts out, but my ability dictates that I was lucky to keep my spot in a Div 5 A Grade side, and will be very likely to be playing B grade in Div 4.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:09 pm

@carey runs with a gut

does that count?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 pm

HH3 wrote:
marbles wrote:I run my guts out, but my ability dictates that I was lucky to keep my spot in a Div 5 A Grade side, and will be very likely to be playing B grade in Div 4.

Well go play bgrade in div 1, play 5 or 6 good games in a row, hmm div 1 debut
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:17 pm

marbles wrote:
HH3 wrote:
marbles wrote:I run my guts out, but my ability dictates that I was lucky to keep my spot in a Div 5 A Grade side, and will be very likely to be playing B grade in Div 4.

oh ok. why didnt i think of that.

Div 1 B Grade IS the same standard as Div 4 B Grade after all.....

lordy....
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Just on b grade, the gap between d4r and d3r is very large...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:29 pm

This question probably needs a thread of its own

Would having compulsory promotion/relegation for maybe div 3 & above (premiers & wooden spooners only) be an option. It just seems some players will leave a club when it has to get serious in a higher div decimating that club. If the div 4 premier wants a crack at div 3 they can replace the div 3 spooner if they want to & so on down the divs. It would be nice to defend your title against the same clubs the following year, wouldn't it???

Are there any clubs that would be happy just playing within their means & staying in a div they are competitive in. I'm thinking the likes of Houghton, who realistically can win in div 7, be competitive in div 6, but would they be able to compete in div 5 & if they ever won that, under the current system would then get promoted to div 4.

There is no perfect system IMO, sh*t look at how the HFL has been found out this year & I thought ours was a pretty good system (except promotion is only done on A grade only where it should be whole of club as well & points weighted a bit more towards A grade results).
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby marbles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:02 pm

The current div 5 premier (**** knows who that is) in my opinion should hav a crack at the div 3 vacancy

With a lot of momentum from recent success, do a sneaky & bypass div 4, have a crack at div 3, if fails get relegated to div 4 in 2016 to be one of the favourites

If goes well, go from div 5 premier to possible div 3 finalists in 12 months

Let the current div 4 contenders chase their cup, and instead take the hard road and reap the rewards with some hard gut running on the track

Ya cant lose, instead risk relegation to div 5
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Pag » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:08 pm

marbles wrote:The current div 5 premier (**** knows who that is) in my opinion should hav a crack at the div 3 vacancy

With a lot of momentum from recent success, do a sneaky & bypass div 4, have a crack at div 3, if fails get relegated to div 4 in 2016 to be one of the favourites

If goes well, go from div 5 premier to possible div 3 finalists in 12 months

Let the current div 4 contenders chase their cup, and instead take the hard road and reap the rewards with some hard gut running on the track

Ya cant lose, instead risk relegation to div 5

Your lack of intellect continues to astound me.

Any reason why in England, where tiers go Premier League > Championship > League One, that League One winners don't go all the way to the Premier League in one off-season? I reckon it may be because they would not be competitive. I get the feeling that if you asked Westminster, who are the Div 5 Premiers, whether they honestly believe they would be competitive in Div 3, they would say no. They would not be trying to be big fish in a small pond, they would not trying to win an easy flag, they would just be honest.

If you think its so easy marbles, why don't you give up your Super C Grade idea and have Henley C Grade have a crack? Really, it's only four divisions. Should be easy to make the transition in one off-season.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby marbles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Your self injection of excellence is always a pleasure to witness

The div 4 contenders for the 2015 div 4 flag, are all refusing to go to div 3 cos they want an easy year and play finals without their players having to do any form of high octane gut running 4-quarter football

Therefore now the saafl or whoever are asking the non-contenders of div 4, to take up a year in div 3. So you tell me who would benefit the most

Or is everyone a big chicken shit and no one can handle the extreme quality of football in div 3

Wow its soooo scary up there, cant do that we are all weaklings, compared to div 3 clubs

Omg peoples raise the bar a bit. Get your football club to the top of the tree and deal with the requirements of being there
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:41 pm

marbles wrote:Your self injection of excellence is always a pleasure to witness

The div 4 contenders for the 2015 div 4 flag, are all refusing to go to div 3 cos they want an easy year and play finals without their players having to do any form of high octane gut running 4-quarter football

Therefore now the saafl or whoever are asking the non-contenders of div 4, to take up a year in div 3. So you tell me who would benefit the most

Or is everyone a big chicken shit and no one can handle the extreme quality of football in div 3

Wow its soooo scary up there, cant do that we are all weaklings, compared to div 3 clubs

Omg peoples raise the bar a bit. Get your football club to the top of the tree and deal with the requirements of being there

i would say now 10 div 4 clubs think they are contenders for the flag right now.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby twobob » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Perhaps this all could be fixed by promoting only the premiers. There has been many years where the competition has been fairly close and the second to bottom team has won a half a dozen games and gets relegated. Promote and relegate only one team and it may work a bit better.
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby marbles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Question really is how many guns do u need in your cattle to make it in div 3 compared to div 4

What is the difference?

By guns I mean, consistent reliable always performing quality footballers

In div 7, the cgraders might have 2 maybe 3 per team, where's as Smithfield probably had 10 to 12 players capable of playing much higher divisions which is why they smashed everyone

In div 3 how many guns per side exist that could likely play div 1 div 2 football and how many of these types of players would a div 4 club need to recruit to be successful in div 3 haha

Ie: What did PNU do to succeed up the divisions
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:03 pm

marbles wrote:Ie: What did PNU do to succeed up the divisions

They built a champion team... Not a team of champions.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:12 pm

marbles wrote:Question really is how many guns do u need in your cattle to make it in div 3 compared to div 4

What is the difference?

In div 7, the cgraders might have 2 maybe 3 per team, where's as Smithfield probably had 10 to 12 players capable of playing much higher divisions which is why they smashed everyone

In div 3 how many guns per side exist that could likely play div 1 div 2 football and how many of these types of players would a div 4 club need to recruit to be successful in div 3 haha

No one gives a **** .!
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:34 pm

marbles wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Would a div 5 player be better than a Div1R player?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby BZB27 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:17 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Would a div 5 player be better than a Div1R player?

A top 10 player at a club in div 5 a grade would be better than most div 1 ressies players except the ones always on the fringe of a grade.

It depends on the individiual and how hard they apply themselves.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby BZB27 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:25 am

marbles wrote:Question really is how many guns do u need in your cattle to make it in div 3 compared to div 4

What is the difference?

You might have 4-5 guns that dominate most weeks but Its not the top players that make the difference its the bottom 15-21 as you go up each div the bottom tier players are normally a little bit better than the previous div.

I dont agree with the K's run stat i think most reasonable fit midfielder will run all day no matter what div they are in.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pag » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:02 am

Mate we've been up there as a Div 3 club for three years, we never asked to come down, we never bitched, or whined, or moaned, as it it was the division we were supposed to be in. We competed as best we could during that time, just like every club we played. We enjoyed the challenge of Division 3, as we had in the two previous spells our club had there. I will reiterate, we took the option approximately eight years ago to say in Div 3 after being relegated, when Edwardstown defected to the SFL. I played through that season where we won one game, for the second season in a row, where were beaten by 20+ goals eight times, and finished the season in a worse cultural and financial state than 12 months prior. We're not making the same mistake twice. This year again, we won one game, one, against Kilburn, plus a forfeit. Not beating any of the top eight sides in the other sixteen rounds meant we were relegated and are now a Division 4 club, until we either finish bottom two or top two again. It's not rocket science.

The fact that you know who the top sides in Division 4 are going to be in the December prior to the season, means you should be a quality punter.

I will take offence when my club is called chicken shit, as this situation is not our responsibility/fault/problem. It's Salisbury West's fault, and they need to lie in the bed they have made for themselves, as Kilburn did in 2014. Eastern Park, Salisbury, Pooraka, Hope Valley, Hectorville, Kenilworth, Glenunga, North Haven and Westminster OS shouldn't have to potentially cause their club damage because another club has had issues with their own affairs.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Cohiba » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Pag wrote:

Mate we've been up there as a Div 3 club for three years, we never asked to come down, we never bitched, or whined, or moaned, as it it was the division we were supposed to be in. We competed as best we could during that time, just like every club we played. We enjoyed the challenge of Division 3, as we had in the two previous spells our club had there. I will reiterate, we took the option approximately eight years ago to say in Div 3 after being relegated, when Edwardstown defected to the SFL. I played through that season where we won one game, for the second season in a row, where were beaten by 20+ goals eight times, and finished the season in a worse cultural and financial state than 12 months prior. We're not making the same mistake twice. This year again, we won one game, one, against Kilburn, plus a forfeit. Not beating any of the top eight sides in the other sixteen rounds meant we were relegated and are now a Division 4 club, until we either finish bottom two or top two again. It's not rocket science.

The fact that you know who the top sides in Division 4 are going to be in the December prior to the season, means you should be a quality punter.

I will take offence when my club is called chicken shit, as this situation is not our responsibility/fault/problem. It's Salisbury West's fault, and they need to lie in the bed they have made for themselves, as Kilburn did in 2014. Eastern Park, Salisbury, Pooraka, Hope Valley, Hectorville, Kenilworth, Glenunga, North Haven and Westminster OS shouldn't have to potentially cause their club damage because another club has had issues with their own affairs.

Wouldn't take too much to heart anything Marbles has on this topic Pag.......

Making comparisons for the inclusion of so call "gun " players that would be needed in the different Divisions and Grades for the purposes of grading a Club's ability to be competitive is purely speculative as there is no way to either "measure" or pre determine success or failure of such comparisons between Clubs in the different Divisions. There would be a thousand and one variables finding a common denominator to make such comparisons.

Still it is his viewpoint albeit IMO....a flawed one.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby S Demon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:Ie: What did PNU do to succeed up the divisions

They built a champion team... Not a team of champions.

Spent a bucket load of cash
Last edited by S Demon on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League