HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Certainly helps when your using funds that aren't yours, oh I forgot echunga dont spend money and everyone plays for the facilities. Anyway hats of to echunga for showing rules are irrelevant, cant wait for next year though going to be some serious battles with uraidla and in all seriousness the A grade will be better off with echunga in the competition as they are quality. Shall be one hell of a comp next year amd can't wait for it.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby always there » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:33 pm

R. White wrote:Chopper, if you are going to start that stuff you might want to man up and tell everyone who you are? Pretty gutless and pointless hiding behind your alias if you are going to make statements like that!
Pretty sure the Echunga boys will welcome anything you throw at them, the roughing up tactics of uraidla worked pretty well on gf day..........

I think you will find that chopper has gone fishing and is getting plenty of bites....
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:34 pm

chopper7 wrote:
running defender wrote:Just like to take the time to thank the hard working EFC senior and junior committee, sponsers and volunteers to bring about this great decision.
Just on our B Grade it will be a lot stronger next year, with 5 very good senior colts coming up as you would have seen in the GF TWO COLTS PLAYED but alot of people have failed to realise, plus the usual recruits we are likley to pick up. On recruits the amount of money that we spent this year was minimal not the rumored $100k plus. On other matters Josh newham will be very fresh come RD 3, it will also be great pleasure to unvail the premiership flag hopefully against the northern demons in RD 1. C ya at the footy chopper and co can't wait. MerryXmas to all and the HFL DIRECTORS

You'll be the first player we all come after don't worry about that.

C'mon Chopper you don't even say who you are aligned to - or aren't you proud of your club?

About time you showed some real guts instead of slagging off Echunga behind your thinly disguised veil.

Did you see us slagging off Uraidla when it used its notorious bully tactics to win their flags?

When the tables were turned this year even the coach squealed like a stuck pig in the Mt Barker Courier. ( forgot to mention the off the ball tactics employed by his side to put Echunga off its game prior the melee and the off the ball king hit against Newenham though )

If you are prepared to dish it out you must also take it .

Should be a ripper match in 2015 when the 2 sides meet again and one we can all look forward to NOW!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby chopper7 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

always there wrote:
R. White wrote:Chopper, if you are going to start that stuff you might want to man up and tell everyone who you are? Pretty gutless and pointless hiding behind your alias if you are going to make statements like that!
Pretty sure the Echunga boys will welcome anything you throw at them, the roughing up tactics of uraidla worked pretty well on gf day..........

I think you will find that chopper has gone fishing and is getting plenty of bites....

The drag is running flat out Always there.......
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby chopper7 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Legs Man wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
running defender wrote:Just like to take the time to thank the hard working EFC senior and junior committee, sponsers and volunteers to bring about this great decision.
Just on our B Grade it will be a lot stronger next year, with 5 very good senior colts coming up as you would have seen in the GF TWO COLTS PLAYED but alot of people have failed to realise, plus the usual recruits we are likley to pick up. On recruits the amount of money that we spent this year was minimal not the rumored $100k plus. On other matters Josh newham will be very fresh come RD 3, it will also be great pleasure to unvail the premiership flag hopefully against the northern demons in RD 1. C ya at the footy chopper and co can't wait. MerryXmas to all and the HFL DIRECTORS

C'mon Chopper you don't even say who you are aligned to - or aren't you proud of your club?

About time you showed some real guts instead of slagging off Echunga behind your thinly disguised veil.

Did you see us slagging off Uraidla when it used its notorious bully tactics to win their flags?

When the tables were turned this year even the coach squealed like a stuck pig in the Mt Barker Courier. ( forgot to mention the off the ball tactics employed by his side to put Echunga off its game prior the melee and the off the ball king hit against Newenham though )

Should be a ripper match in 2015 when the 2 sides meet again and one we can all look forward to NOW!

If it is such a thinly disguised veil then Legs Man tell me where you think I'm aligned to then?

No one knows who you are legs man so why should I reveal my name?
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:06 pm

This ruling is interesting, and dangerous. It's likely given Blackwood, Mt Barker and especially Hahndorf a free ticket to compete in Central Division as recent history suggests these powerhouse Junior Clubs will always register valuable finals wins. The ruling suits Echunga this year, what about next???

I'm sure the smaller Central clubs will now be questioning whether encouraging a handful of boys to develop at underage SANFL level is dangerous as it could cost teams a finals berth and therefore the chance to secure crutial Club points in September? Think of the added pressure should a clubs future hinge on whether a 13-14 year old kid kicks a goal or not after the siren to not only secure a win, but also the Clubs future....
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Certainly helps when your using funds that aren't yours, oh I forgot echunga dont spend money and everyone plays for the facilities. Anyway hats of to echunga for showing rules are irrelevant, cant wait for next year though going to be some serious battles with uraidla and in all seriousness the A grade will be better off with echunga in the competition as they are quality. Shall be one hell of a comp next year amd can't wait for it.

Echunga would likely also seek costs, those donated funds will make a good recruiting war chest, contributed to by all of the other member clubs.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby always there » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Certainly helps when your using funds that aren't yours, oh I forgot echunga dont spend money and everyone plays for the facilities. Anyway hats of to echunga for showing rules are irrelevant, cant wait for next year though going to be some serious battles with uraidla and in all seriousness the A grade will be better off with echunga in the competition as they are quality. Shall be one hell of a comp next year amd can't wait for it.

Echunga would likely also seek costs, those donated funds will make a good recruiting war chest, contributed to by all of the other member clubs.

Let's hope you are not right in that one.
always there
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:26 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

If it is such a thinly disguised veil then Legs Man tell me where you think I'm aligned to then?

No one knows who you are legs man so why should I reveal my name?

Certainly don't expect your real name - just man up to your home club.

There are so many on here who are quick to throw around scandalous remarks and comments yet unable to put their club in their signature.

At least I refrained from the board while legal proceedings were in train and have criticised without personal attacks.

Surely we all strive for what is best for Hills footy - not just at an individual club level but as an overall competition.

As deemed today the rules were flawed which reflects badly on the competition overall.

There is now a great opportunity to get it right by all involved - which I hope is the path taken.

Anything less than an even playing field for all sides and an unbiased approach to allocation of finals will only further endorse Echunga's actions.

The league and the decision makers from each club are now in a position to make responsible and much needed change in light of today's decision.

Let's hope they have the foresight and unbiased approach required to make this occur.

The jury is still out on this one.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:This ruling is interesting, and dangerous. It's likely given Blackwood, Mt Barker and especially Hahndorf a free ticket to compete in Central Division as recent history suggests these powerhouse Junior Clubs will always register valuable finals wins. The ruling suits Echunga this year, what about next???

I'm sure the smaller Central clubs will now be questioning whether encouraging a handful of boys to develop at underage SANFL level is dangerous as it could cost teams a finals berth and therefore the chance to secure crutial Club points in September? Think of the added pressure should a clubs future hinge on whether a 13-14 year old kid kicks a goal or not after the siren to not only secure a win, but also the Clubs future....

Well not really. The rules just need to be worded correctly to alleviate any misinterpretation.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Oh - and Merry Christmas to all involved with this board - contributors and moderators!

I hope that I have brightened and enlightened your day with my input and thank you for your respective comments and support.( albeit not always in my favour )

Let's look towards a 2015 competition which will undoubtedly be one of the most interesting for many years.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby has been » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Don't get too smug Legsman and LGIL. I know who you are and am more than happy to name you, you peanut. Think you will find a another special AGM in the pipeline with all clubs present and a motion to expel a member club entirely from the comp put forward for obvious reasons. Interesting month ahead.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby R. White » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Wah wah wah, Echunga come in and beat us! I am taking my ball and going home!
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:18 pm

has been wrote:Don't get too smug Legsman and LGIL. I know who you are and am more than happy to name you, you peanut. Think you will find a another special AGM in the pipeline with all clubs present and a motion to expel a member club entirely from the comp put forward for obvious reasons. Interesting month ahead.

Smug?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Legs Man » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:19 pm

has been wrote:Don't get too smug Legsman and LGIL. I know who you are and am more than happy to name you, you peanut. Think you will find a another special AGM in the pipeline with all clubs present and a motion to expel a member club entirely from the comp put forward for obvious reasons. Interesting month ahead.

Merry Christmas to you too Has Been.
What Hills club do you support?
Being a Norwood supporter I would expect more from you - and if you know me as you state, then you obviously don't know me very well.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby rock » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:28 pm

I heard there will be a SGM to have Echunga expelled from the HFL. Is this true? I'm told it can be done.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby redsox » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:35 pm

rock wrote:I heard there will be a SGM to have Echunga expelled from the HFL. Is this true? I'm told it can be done.

We can only hope. They've got my vote.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby always there » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:38 pm

redsox wrote:
rock wrote:I heard there will be a SGM to have Echunga expelled from the HFL. Is this true? I'm told it can be done.

On what grounds? As much as I am not an echunga fan that is Pretty extreme I would have thought.
always there
Rookie

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 pm

redsox wrote:

Sounds like the ball is in motion to make this happen. A lot of Central clubs talking I was told this arvo.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:48 pm

You guys really that keen to test your constitution out in the Supreme Court again?

Maybe read it for once, you can only expel a club if they are in breach of the rules of the league, not sour grapes because you didn't get the court result you wanted.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy