HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby redsox » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
rock wrote:I heard there will be a SGM to have Echunga expelled from the HFL. Is this true? I'm told it can be done.

You guys really that keen to test your constitution out in the Supreme Court again?

Maybe read it for once, you can only expel a club if they are in breach of the rules of the league, not sour grapes because you didn't get the court result you wanted.

All other clubs playing by the rules. Echunga played top line A graders in the B grade late in the season knowing the points ended at the end of the minor round only to argue that the points run until after the grand final.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby CouchExpert » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:17 pm

As an outsider to this league I can't believe all the hate this outcome has created. You all need to suck it up & get over it! Like it or not the "umpire" has made his decision so accept it & make the Hills League a better competition as a result of this outcome. I still think your points system is flawed as it heavily favors the bigger population areas who have a larger numbers of kids to pick from.The Hills League really needs to go back to the drawing board & come up with a solution that best fits the wide range within the league,Football is a great game & the glue that holds many country communities together,lets not see that destroyed by self interest & petty jealousies.Cheers
CouchExpert
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby R. White » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Stop your whinging! Evidently Echunga did play by the rules, if you are unhappy about it how about you go become a judge! Obviously the decision was never going to keep everyone happy. Move on, hate Echunga if to want but I think the focus needs to be on what happens from here with bridgewater. I think it is very unfair if they go down so I would think an 11 team comp is the answer (because common sense never prevails) . Again, this outcome could have been decided on some time ago but "the clubs" voted against it, even with the knowledge that Echunga would take the path they did.
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby running defender » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 pm

hey boys the court has ruled that echunga football club cannot be relegated in 2015 ----about time our the hfl directors show some leadership as their principal activity is to promote --encourage --foster ---and advance Australian football in the hills ----- ps think most of the directors have been missing in action for several years ---time for new faces on the board ------and its starts with some board member resignations ---
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 pm

stupid comment
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby always there » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 pm

running defender wrote:hey boys the court has ruled that echunga football club cannot be relegated in 2015 ----about time our the hfl directors show some leadership as their principal activity is to promote --encourage --foster ---and advance Australian football in the hills ----- ps think most of the directors have been missing in action for several years ---time for new faces on the board ------and its starts with some board member resignations ---

You putting up your hand?
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby cracka » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:Just out of curiosity, if it turns out the taxpayers helped fund Echungas A grade premiership, does that change any opinions about whether they should stay in central div, certainly changes mine.

Also any Echunga people who complain about Torrens Valley getting extra points this year, you have short memories, Echunga were given extra points in 2013 which if not given you wouldn't have even been in central div.

More wild statements regarding the funding of player payments - as I know for a fact that this is not the case.
And you know by some psychic ability that Echunga wouldn't have won the Country flag - you are amazing with your ability to predict the future Cracka.

It wasn't the extra points allocated - it was simply the fact that the statement was made by the HFL that no further points would allocated this season regardless of circumstance - until TV requested them. ( did the clubs endorse this also? )

It is about time the sour grapes finished as the umpire has made his decision - and an unbiased umpire at that.

Your comprehension of what I said is as bad as all the crap you've been posting. I said IF it turns out taxpayers helped fund Echungas premiership.

My assumption that you may not have won the flag in 2013 is based on the fact that in 2012 you didn't win & that in 2013 most teams were close to you until you got the extra points (from what country div people have told me).
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby running defender » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:45 pm

hey cracka ---just how close do you think most teams were to the undefeated echunga a grade of 2013 ---could of lost the grand final and still ended up in the central div in 2014 as kersbrook were never going to apply for promotion -----the I extra point made no difference ---for a total of 12 unlike mt lofty who entered country with 15 points in 2014 ----just a touch of bias ---ps cracka please put us in contact with the government department that supplied the taxpayers funds as they could be handy again in 2015 ---
running defender
Rookie

Postby jake the snake » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Echunga supporters, can the member clubs and the hfl not change the constitution? If they want to expel you they will simply change the rulings
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby running defender » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:31 pm

hey jake the red belly snake
if the hfl want to attempt to expel the EFC by changing the rules well that's fine ----but be assured Echunga club officials know their way around the supreme court blindfolded these days and have no fear in going down that path if required ---
ps cracka still waiting on directions for those taxpayers dollars ----
running defender
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:05 am

jake the snake wrote:Echunga supporters, can the member clubs and the hfl not change the constitution? If they want to expel you they will simply change the rulings

Associations Incorporations Act
Division 3 - Rules
24A 4)
The Supreme Court may, on application under this section, order that the rules of an incorporated association be varied in a manner the Court thinks fit, if it is satisfied that—
(a) the rules unduly limit the conduct of the association's affairs; and
(b) the variation of the rules—
(i) is consistent with the objects of the association; and
(ii) will not prejudice any member of the association; and
(iii) is justified in the circumstances of the particular case.

Consistent with the objects of the League - not sure how kicking out a club would "promote, encourage, foster and advance the Australian national game of football"
Will not prejudice any member - a rule change of that nature is obviously targeted at one particular club or would be unlawful, something along the lines of "any member club is not permitted to engage with the Supreme Court of South Australia for any matter concerning rulings of the League"???
Is justified - a rule change is not justified as a result of a club exercising their legal right
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby chopper7 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:06 am

running defender wrote:hey cracka ---just how close do you think most teams were to the undefeated echunga a grade of 2013 ---could of lost the grand final and still ended up in the central div in 2014 as kersbrook were never going to apply for promotion -----the I extra point made no difference ---for a total of 12 unlike mt lofty who entered country with 15 points in 2014 ----just a touch of bias ---ps cracka please put us in contact with the government department that supplied the taxpayers funds as they could be handy again in 2015 ---

Peter Lindsey and Elijah Ware seemed to see a fair chunk of the governments supplies.
This forum was a much better place before you jumped on board running defender, how about to nick back off up to the Territory where you looked better in black and white.
Oh and BTW Legs, im a volunteer of the Tigers. Bloody proud of my club don't you worry about that.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby running defender » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:54 am

Hey rock what ever they do outside of our football club is their business, they only play football for us, interesting you mention ware he only played half a season with us and got small change compared to the figure he was rumored to be on. You other people on here apart from the true believers just can't get your head around it, well get over it the dynasty has just begun. Ps never been to NT so wrong again
running defender
Rookie

Postby Giants » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:06 am

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:Just out of curiosity, if it turns out the taxpayers helped fund Echungas A grade premiership, does that change any opinions about whether they should stay in central div, certainly changes mine.

Also any Echunga people who complain about Torrens Valley getting extra points this year, you have short memories, Echunga were given extra points in 2013 which if not given you wouldn't have even been in central div.

More wild statements regarding the funding of player payments - as I know for a fact that this is not the case.
And you know by some psychic ability that Echunga wouldn't have won the Country flag - you are amazing with your ability to predict the future Cracka.

It wasn't the extra points allocated - it was simply the fact that the statement was made by the HFL that no further points would allocated this season regardless of circumstance - until TV requested them. ( did the clubs endorse this also? )

It is about time the sour grapes finished as the umpire has made his decision - and an unbiased umpire at that.

Your comprehension of what I said is as bad as all the crap you've been posting. I said IF it turns out taxpayers helped fund Echungas premiership.

My assumption that you may not have won the flag in 2013 is based on the fact that in 2012 you didn't win & that in 2013 most teams were close to you until you got the extra points (from what country div people have told me).

for what its worth echunga have done exactly what any other club would have done stuck in the same position, no denying that! what will be interesting is the FACT the clubs voted against a 11 team comp and why should that change because echunga have put up a fight. Clubs shouldn't have a point to prove against echunga but more so correct the rules to ensure a fair relegation process moving forward. As much as bridgy have improved It's their time to go down, suck it up and get some wins on the board as they haven't played senior finals for 15+ years. a chance to perhaps limit spending and look to improve facilities which they have talked about for last 10 years.

what I find most interesting will be the findings that rock speaks about as Dane Swan always said "where there's smoke there's fire!". The forum is not the place to bring up the rumors BUT if true running defender you could well and truly be eating your own words in time. Again hope this isn't the case for echunga's case as have to applaud them for their A grade premiership
Giants
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby sideview » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:22 am

Mortgage shield needs to be scrapped.
To many flaws.
Not just caused by HFL but Community Football League.

If as a league we cannot issue a permit to a child to encourage them to play football because it will affect the Mortgage Shield the shield needs to be scrapped.
If we cannot allocate APPS as written in the CFL constitution because it affects the Mortgage Shield then another reason the shield needs to go.
Larger towns must have voted this in because they are basically guaranteed of not being relegated. Given Echunga result this will even be more biased towards bigger clubs now.

What now will happen with APPS points obviously finals should now count. It will make a big difference the likes of Echunga Mt Barker Uraidla will go from 9 points to 6 points.

Most sensible scenario bottom of Central A Grade goes down top of Country A Grade comes up. May even look at bottom 2 and top 2.
sideview
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby citycoaster17 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:36 am

Totally agree with you sideview. I know everyone keeps talking about how this is not the amateur league, and automatic promotion/relegation can not happen. I agree with some of that, as the junior numbers will take into account that system. I think that yes, Automatic promotion/relegation should occur, based on the A grade results solely, as pretty much every other competition in Australia has been doing for years, provided that the team wanting to come up, as the junior numbers to compete. This again is going to have many flaws. Is the best answer to ask for nomination to either Central League, or Country League, and each club that can produce the required junior teams, be allowed to play in the 1 league, and then scrap the promotion/relegation system all together? As Sedan has done before, when wanting to change leagues, if someone else wants to enter at a later date, they need to apply to that league. I don't know, just throwing a few ideas out there.
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Gimp » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:52 am

I cannot believe that the decision has been made that can include promotion/relegation points from finals games. :roll:
Effectively if your club is facing relegation, it would be better for your team to finish down in 4th or 5th instead of top because you can earn more prom/releg points, therefore promoting tanking towards the end of the season.

Qual/Elim Final:
Team 1 bye (0 pts)
Team 2 (10 pts) def Team 3 (0 pts)
Team 4 (0 pts) def by Team 5 (10 pts)
Semi Finals
Team 1 (10 pts) def Team 2 (0 pts)
Team 3 (0 pts) def by Team 5 (10 pts)
Prelim
Team 1 bye (0 pts)
Team 2 (0 pts) def by Team 5 (10 pts)
GF
Team 1 (10 pts) def Team 5 (0 pts)

Points earned:
Team 5 = 30 points
Team 1 = 20 points (premier)
Team 2 = 10 points
Team 3 & 4 = 0 points

So you don't even have to win the premiership, yet you can earn more prom/releg points??? I don't know what the judge was thinking???
I can't wait for this scenario to play out one day...
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:19 am

The Gimp wrote:I cannot believe that the decision has been made that can include promotion/relegation points from finals games. :roll:
Effectively if your club is facing relegation, it would be better for your team to finish down in 4th or 5th instead of top because you can earn more prom/releg points, therefore promoting tanking towards the end of the season.

Qual/Elim Final:
Team 1 bye (0 pts)
Team 2 (10 pts) def Team 3 (0 pts)
Team 4 (0 pts) def by Team 5 (10 pts)
Semi Finals
Team 1 (10 pts) def Team 2 (0 pts)
Team 3 (0 pts) def by Team 5 (10 pts)
Prelim
Team 1 bye (0 pts)
Team 2 (0 pts) def by Team 5 (10 pts)
GF
Team 1 (10 pts) def Team 5 (0 pts)

Points earned:
Team 5 = 30 points
Team 1 = 20 points (premier)
Team 2 = 10 points
Team 3 & 4 = 0 points

So you don't even have to win the premiership, yet you can earn more prom/releg points??? I don't know what the judge was thinking???
I can't wait for this scenario to play out one day...

Your argument is flawed in that by finishing 4th or 5th you have to win less games, those higher up would not need as many wins in finals. Also, Echunga had secured their survival in week 2 of the finals as they only needed 2 more wins (finishing 12 points behind Bridgewater at the end of the minor round), so the fact that they played and won 4 extra games is irrelevant.
Had Echunga finished 2nd or 1st at the end of the minor round they would have had enough points at that stage.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby overthehill » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:57 am

I believe all it requires is 1 club to raise a motion that the Echunga football be banned for 12 months for bringing the game and the HFL in to disrepute, a seconder and then it would go to the vote!
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:17 am

overthehill wrote:I believe all it requires is 1 club to raise a motion that the Echunga football be banned for 12 months for bringing the game and the HFL in to disrepute, a seconder and then it would go to the vote!

Not sure how they have brought the league into disrepute, they have exercised their legal right, the Hills Football League has brought itself into disrepute.

Unless you are arguing that a first year promoted team winning the premiership has brought into question the superiority of Central over Country, which is hardly bringing the league into disrepute, more enhancing the reputation of overall strength.

You could loosely look at clause 23.1 - Any member club, ..., who fails to abide by any decision of the League, the Board...., may be suspended or fined by the board.

However, they have yet to not abide by the decision, they have merely appealed it to the legal system (as permitted in the Association Incorporation Act). If the season started and they refused to play games programmed in Country Division, then you could argue they were "failing to abide by a decision".
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy