Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:34 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
Having said that, i feel that at least Ashbourne and Creeks are still capable of upsetting higher ranked opponents to shape the 4.

especially when we turn out our rooted pitch to play on before it has been mended ;)

Im sure Cuzzy wil have it back in A1 condition before you know it.
At least before the BIG Double Header Ladies day weekend on Feb 7th & 8th where the Creeks will be back to exact some revenge for last years dismal effort. :oops:

Looking forward to it Jackpot :D
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
Having said that, i feel that at least Ashbourne and Creeks are still capable of upsetting higher ranked opponents to shape the 4.

especially when we turn out our rooted pitch to play on before it has been mended ;)

Im sure Cuzzy wil have it back in A1 condition before you know it.
At least before the BIG Double Header Ladies day weekend on Feb 7th & 8th where the Creeks will be back to exact some revenge for last years dismal effort. :oops:

Looking forward to it Jackpot :D

So are our women, some of who are STILL recovering from last seasons day. :YMPARTY: :YMSICK: =))
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby saintal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:38 pm

The brittle batting of a few TVCA clubs again was on show during day 1 of Round 6:

Eden Valley 209 v Birdwood 33 and 0/32. The hosts survived just 15 overs in their first dig, at one stage sitting on 9/13. Big Ugg taking 6/10. EV a rapid 209 from 45 batting first.
Lenswood 110 v Paracombe 4/188. Collapses of 4/18 and 4/7 ruined any chance of a decent score. Pirates untroubled in their reply.
Gumeracha 8/239 v Cambrai. If there’s one team you count on to bat 70 overs, its Gum. Sloppy catching hurt the locals.
Mt Torrens 97 v Springton 8/138. First innings points already with the visitors. Possible outright result either way.

4 out of the 8 two day games this season have seen an outright result, and at least two, maybe three, look headed that way this week.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Ramrod » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Well after getting a donut in my tips last week i'm backing myself to get 3 this week. Lobey Vs Wistow: Congrats to Wistow for getting their first win of the year last week, however they will come back to reality this game after they cop a pasting at the hands of lobey. I have to stop underestimating Lobey, they continue to win and they will have no issues this game either. Lobey comfortably. Nairne Vs Langhorne Creek. I have a feeling this will be another smashing, Langhorne Creek somehow lost last week, to an inferior team. The creek have been dissapointing and Nairne will make them feel worse. Nairne on the other hand will be looking to regroup and try to make some ground on the top 2. I'm backing Nairne for an outright. Woodside Vs Strath. Woodside showed they are half decent when they play to there ability last week. Bowling is there strength and they willl have there hands full trying to slow a Strath side playing good cricket. Strath's bowling will have a field day i think against Woodside's fragile batting. Woodside wont be able to make enough runs to win this game. Strath to stay at the top of the ladder
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Ramrod wrote:Well after getting a donut in my tips last week i'm backing myself to get 3 this week. Lobey Vs Wistow: Congrats to Wistow for getting their first win of the year last week, however they will come back to reality this game after they cop a pasting at the hands of lobey. I have to stop underestimating Lobey, they continue to win and they will have no issues this game either. Lobey comfortably. Nairne Vs Langhorne Creek. I have a feeling this will be another smashing, Langhorne Creek somehow lost last week, to an inferior team. The creek have been dissapointing and Nairne will make them feel worse. Nairne on the other hand will be looking to regroup and try to make some ground on the top 2. I'm backing Nairne for an outright. Woodside Vs Strath. Woodside showed they are half decent when they play to there ability last week. Bowling is there strength and they willl have there hands full trying to slow a Strath side playing good cricket. Strath's bowling will have a field day i think against Woodside's fragile batting. Woodside wont be able to make enough runs to win this game. Strath to stay at the top of the ladder

I can't argue with much of that Ramrod. I'll go the the same for wins but I don't think Creeks will go down in an outright.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:51 pm

I
Ramrod wrote:Strath's bowling will have a field day i think against Woodside's fragile batting. Woodside wont be able to make enough runs to win this game.

Looks like Woodside's fragile batting took a turn for the better today scoring 294 today in their 70 overs. Not a massive score but quite competitive and Strath will need to bat very well against a strong Woodside bowling line up to win this one. Anyone know the other scores form todays matches?
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Creeks let Nairne off the hook big time.
Had Nairne 5/106 after 51 overs and all set to contain them or bowl them out for well under 200 BUT as per normal, a dropped catch can change everything. Harrowfield dropped 2nd ball he faced, straight forward catch on the mid wicket boundary was grassed and went for 4. All turned to sh1t after that for the Creeks as Harrowfield went on to score 65 and with Walters who who batted for 67 overs for 90* n.o. put on 111 for the 6th wicket to eventually see the total finish at 6/245 after 70 overs.
Creeks inability to hold crucial catches is killing them week after week, they get into good positions and just cant finish off. Guess they're not alone there but just so frustrating for them. Creeks with no Warren or James next week will struggle to get that one would think but stranger things have happened?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Sorry to hear that Jackpot. Creeks have performed really well in stages this year then seem to undo all their good work with patches of poor play. This is much like us at the moment. We go from looking a million dollars to being ragged in the space of a few overs if a few things start to go against us. Agreed this is frustrating for all involved except perhaps the opposition. Creeks bat OK so 245 is not out of the question.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby saintal » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:25 am

A day of comebacks in the TVCA. Palmer recover from 9/31 to post 104, which proved to be 35 runs too many for the Pirates. After stumbling to 8/63, Mt Torrens finished on 148 at Lenswood. The locals were 3/126 before falling short on 7/144. Cambrai had a comfortable win in the other match v Birdwood.

Ladder at xmas (average points per round)

Paracombe (14.4) Two losses to Palmer would worry them a little.
Gumeracha (12.5) Just the one loss for the season. Sumner back from injury.
Eden Valley (12.0) Outright wins helping them remain in the 4.
Palmer (11.8 ) A couple of washouts costing them a higher position

Cambrai (10.9) Important game coming up against EV
Springton (10.7) Handy outright against Mt T to stay in touch
Mt Torrens (7.0) Escape with their second win this season v Lenswood.
Lenswood (6.4) Recent defeats by 1 wicket, 14 runs and 4 runs costly
Birdwood (4.7) Struggling with the bat.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:35 pm

A couple of close games in the HCA this week and one comfortable win.
Scibs had a tight win over uraidla with young benny mac taking 6 and being the difference maker after it looked like dyl brown could have been taking the game away from them. Remarkably uraidla are bottom but cant see that lasting and scibs stay in second behind meadows.
Stirling fell agonizinly short against lofty with some lower order resistance almost clawing them over the line. Stirling have challenged two of the better sides in the past two games and will feel confident going into the christmas break of getting some wins soon. Lofty are comfortably in 4th and it is hard to see them moving out of the top 4.
Meadows comfortably over aldgate a expected but kudos to aldgate for keeping meadows to 248. Meadows have all but secured top spot really and aldgate have some big games after christmas to move up from 5th.
Flaggies middle to late order saw them chase down happy valleys score somewhat comfortably. Flaggies are looking good in 3rd but have some big games after christmas, playing meadows, scibs and lofty. Happys are struggling with the bat and it is hard to see them moving into the top 4.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby rainbow warrior » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:34 pm

batmanbegins wrote:A couple of close games in the HCA this week and one comfortable win.
Scibs had a tight win over uraidla with young benny mac taking 6 and being the difference maker after it looked like dyl brown could have been taking the game away from them. Remarkably uraidla are bottom but cant see that lasting and scibs stay in second behind meadows.
Stirling fell agonizinly short against lofty with some lower order resistance almost clawing them over the line. Stirling have challenged two of the better sides in the past two games and will feel confident going into the christmas break of getting some wins soon. Lofty are comfortably in 4th and it is hard to see them moving out of the top 4.
Meadows comfortably over aldgate a expected but kudos to aldgate for keeping meadows to 248. Meadows have all but secured top spot really and aldgate have some big games after christmas to move up from 5th.
Flaggies middle to late order saw them chase down happy valleys score somewhat comfortably. Flaggies are looking good in 3rd but have some big games after christmas, playing meadows, scibs and lofty. Happys are struggling with the bat and it is hard to see them moving into the top 4.

Enjoying your posts mate. Keep up the good work.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:55 pm

rainbow warrior wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:A couple of close games in the HCA this week and one comfortable win.

Enjoying your posts mate. Keep up the good work.

Thanks mate, thought someone should talk about the HCA.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Anyone know what happened to the Clarendon and Aberfoyle Park cricket clubs? They did play in the Hills during the 80's.
Also what year did Scott Creek and Ironbank Cherry Gardens clubs amalgamate?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Anyone know what happened to the Clarendon and Aberfoyle Park cricket clubs? They did play in the Hills during the 80's.

Clarendon played up to as recently as 5 years ago, I notice Kangarilla now use their ground for the lower grades.

Id be guessing but SCIB's was early 90's?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby BRaG » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:46 am

Clarendon had a team in the C grade a few years back and won the flag, only lasted one year though for some reason.
BRaG
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ramrod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:10 am

Well Wlcome to 2015 avid cricket followers. Weather was not good last week and it seems this week will be awful as well. if the games dont get washed out here are my predictions. Nairne V Lobey: I think Nairne will start to hit there straps from here on in. They will be gunning for a top 2 finish, and this game will be a chance to flex there muscles. Lobey Just got over the line in there last game against a team they should've beaten comfortably. Nairnes Batting to Strong here. Ashbourne V Wistow: Well if Ashbourne want to keep there year alive with the top 4 looking quite settled they need to win well here. Wistow have a chance to Leapfrog Ashbourne if they Win. Wistow's batting is fragile, they get Kinlough out Cheaply Trouble for Wistow. Ashbourne Comfortably. Strath V Langhorne Creek: Strath would not be happy losing last game against Woodside and may take it out on the Creek. Langhornes good on paper, but havent put it together. The have quality Cricketers in there side and could cause a few upsets, however Strath's Depth with bat and ball will be to good.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:34 pm

Yep, All 3 results look obvious tho upsets are always a chance of happening.
Weather permitting the T20 Grand Final will be played Sunday at Langhorne Creek between Nairne and Creeks. Was due to be played at Nairne but their oval has become unavailable this weekend. Should be a great game to watch as Creeks have pretty well their full strength team available. Derham one certainly to watch for the Creeks if the game goes ahead which unfortunately looks doubtful with forecast looking as it is :(
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Ramrod wrote:Well Wlcome to 2015 avid cricket followers. Weather was not good last week and it seems this week will be awful as well. if the games dont get washed out here are my predictions. Nairne V Lobey: I think Nairne will start to hit there straps from here on in. They will be gunning for a top 2 finish, and this game will be a chance to flex there muscles. Lobey Just got over the line in there last game against a team they should've beaten comfortably. Nairnes Batting to Strong here. Ashbourne V Wistow: Well if Ashbourne want to keep there year alive with the top 4 looking quite settled they need to win well here. Wistow have a chance to Leapfrog Ashbourne if they Win. Wistow's batting is fragile, they get Kinlough out Cheaply Trouble for Wistow. Ashbourne Comfortably. Strath V Langhorne Creek: Strath would not be happy losing last game against Woodside and may take it out on the Creek. Langhornes good on paper, but havent put it together. The have quality Cricketers in there side and could cause a few upsets, however Strath's Depth with bat and ball will be to good.

I'll go with what you said there Ramrod. Unfortunately it looks like the weather I will get in the way again :(
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:27 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Well Wlcome to 2015 avid cricket followers. Weather was not good last week and it seems this week will be awful as well. if the games dont get washed out here are my predictions. Nairne V Lobey: I think Nairne will start to hit there straps from here on in. They will be gunning for a top 2 finish, and this game will be a chance to flex there muscles. Lobey Just got over the line in there last game against a team they should've beaten comfortably. Nairnes Batting to Strong here. Ashbourne V Wistow: Well if Ashbourne want to keep there year alive with the top 4 looking quite settled they need to win well here. Wistow have a chance to Leapfrog Ashbourne if they Win. Wistow's batting is fragile, they get Kinlough out Cheaply Trouble for Wistow. Ashbourne Comfortably. Strath V Langhorne Creek: Strath would not be happy losing last game against Woodside and may take it out on the Creek. Langhornes good on paper, but havent put it together. The have quality Cricketers in there side and could cause a few upsets, however Strath's Depth with bat and ball will be to good.

I'll go with what you said there Ramrod. Unfortunately it looks like the weather I will get in the way again :(

Dont forget to pack a Jumper / Thermals RTRG if you're heading up to "The Hill"
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Alaska » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:47 am

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:Anyone know what happened to the Clarendon and Aberfoyle Park cricket clubs? They did play in the Hills during the 80's.

I played for Ironbank in the late 80's and my boys started playing for SCIB's in the Mid 90's. I remember playing in an SC v IB 10 year anniversary match but cannot recollect the year.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps