HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby rock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Echunga winning lots of friends within the HFL now. It costs tens of thousands to have a case heard in the Supreme Court and neither side avoids costs because you cannot claim costs in the District and Supreme Courts, this can only be done in the Magistrates Court. So yes, all the clubs within the HFL will have to foot this massive bill. I'd suggest all Clubs, their players, staff and supporters impose a ban when attending Echunga in 2015 and that's simply do not purchase anything from the canteen/bar etc. By the way, what's the Echunga A grade coaches name again? I heard he doesn't like confined spaces.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby always there » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:19 pm

According to the courier the hfl and echunga are back in court this morning to discuss who pays the bill.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Panther » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Well it is all getting a little unsavory on here at the moment isn't it [-(
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:38 pm

The Panther wrote:Well it is all getting a little unsavory on here at the moment isn't it [-(

I wonder who will carry on the anger? The officials, supporters, coaches or players? I tend to think the players closely by the coaches will care the least out of that bunch in 6, 12 and 24 months time. Sure, opposing supporters and officials will have long memories and fume over their cereal at Echunga "bringing the game into disrrepute back in '14" but life will have moved on.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby supercoach » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Hey chopper 7 D Liston is ok player. His dad is a good goal umpire. Ask the young player that he biffed whilst officiating in a game this year what he thinks of dad. Threatened to kill him I believe. Not bad for an adult and another good advertisement for junior footy at echunga. Got kicked out of the game but then he walked the boundry threatening the kid. Great parent for any kid to be involved with. The club stuck up for him. Great junior program. Then what about the under 15 game................ it goes on and on. By the way who is coaching next year...... No more indigenous govt handouts................ Seriously !!!!
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby rock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:06 pm

supercoach wrote:Hey chopper 7 D Liston is ok player. His dad is a good goal umpire. Ask the young player that he biffed whilst officiating in a game this year what he thinks of dad. Threatened to kill him I believe. Not bad for an adult and another good advertisement for junior footy at echunga. Got kicked out of the game but then he walked the boundry threatening the kid. Great parent for any kid to be involved with. The club stuck up for him. Great junior program. Then what about the under 15 game................ it goes on and on. By the way who is coaching next year...... No more indigenous govt handouts................ Seriously !!!!

Oh wow. What was the result of the court costs? Who has to pay them?
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby chopper7 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:49 pm

supercoach wrote:Hey chopper 7 D Liston is ok player. His dad is a good goal umpire. Ask the young player that he biffed whilst officiating in a game this year what he thinks of dad. Threatened to kill him I believe. Not bad for an adult and another good advertisement for junior footy at echunga. Got kicked out of the game but then he walked the boundry threatening the kid. Great parent for any kid to be involved with. The club stuck up for him. Great junior program. Then what about the under 15 game................ it goes on and on. By the way who is coaching next year...... No more indigenous govt handouts................ Seriously !!!!

You have just summed them up perfectly Supercoach!! I applaud you, seriously what a joke. I bet your boys up there at the cabbage patch will be itching to have another crack at them dish out what they deserve.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:10 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:An 11 team comp should have been pushed and instituted immediately Echunga won the GF.
This would have saved everyone the expense and provided an amicable outcome.
Unfortunately this wasn't the preferred option by the HFL and clubs involved which led to today's outcome.
I hope that this is a message to the HFL that an even playing field is needed for all participating clubs with respect to apps points allocation and remuneration capacity with allocation of hosting finals.
After the turmoil that has occurred I personally would like to see Bridgey retain it's spot in Central and the comp then built to 12 teams in 2016 with Nairne coming up.
This will also bring more juniors into Central and a revamped facility that Nairne is undertaking.

I believe that if an 11 team comp is approved, Nairne would like to come in next year & make it a 12 team comp (can anyone from Nairne confirm or deny this).

F*** its sucked only having sporadic phone reception these last couple of days.

Surely if it is an 11 team comp its a once off in 2015 and back to 10 team comp in 2016, which makes things interesting if Nairne win Country and want to come up. that would mean 2 clubs going down in 2016.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby bookie » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Eat a snickers chopper, you've lost the plot mate!
bookie
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby overthehill » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:28 pm

I would like to see the points table under the new "Echunga interpretation". Was it really only 2 points between Bridgewater and Torrens Valley? If so i believe this presents another major issue for the HFL. I know there was a lot of discussion on Jnr Mail medal night regarding the round 3 U15s clash between the 2 previously mentioned sides. the 3 names read out for votes were for all TV players and all were well over the under 15 age limit. I believe one of the lads who kicked 5 goals was 18 years old or very close to. The league knew about it as they were all playing on permits to allow TV to form a under 15s side "in the spirit of the game". I'm not sure Bridgewater will be looking at their potential relegation as "in the spirit of the game" if this is the case.
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby On The Pine » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:35 pm

Sad day for country footy when rules implemented in good faith by an amateur organisation are able to be challenged by those who can afford to go to court. Sets an interesting precedent for the future.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby chopper7 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:07 pm

bookie wrote:Eat a snickers chopper, you've lost the plot mate!

I'd rather a Turkish Delight.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby running defender » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:04 pm

always there you should have been in court today to see the HFLdirectors heads and jaws drop to the ground when the judge said ALL COSTS ARE TO TO BE PAID BY HFL, at the AGM THE PRESIDENT SAID I STRONLY SUGGEST WE FIGHT THIS CASE as it will cost about 15k worse case, the president failed to inform the club delegates that if EFC WON they would be up for 50K as is the case today. Sorry you sad sacks, that believe the hfl have done the right thing ,not the case once again you have been led up the garden path with this result the HFL directors have cost the clubs a lot of money.
LETS BRING ON 2015 ALL PLAYERS STAYING PLUS PICKING UP 3 HIGH QUALITY PLAYERS.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby always there » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:22 pm

running defender wrote:always there you should have been in court today to see the HFLdirectors heads and jaws drop to the ground when the judge said ALL COSTS ARE TO TO BE PAID BY HFL, at the AGM THE PRESIDENT SAID I STRONLY SUGGEST WE FIGHT THIS CASE as it will cost about 15k worse case, the president failed to inform the club delegates that if EFC WON they would be up for 50K as is the case today. Sorry you sad sacks, that believe the hfl have done the right thing ,not the case once again you have been led up the garden path with this result the HFL directors have cost the clubs a lot of money.
LETS BRING ON 2015 ALL PLAYERS STAYING PLUS PICKING UP 3 HIGH QUALITY PLAYERS.

Glad you find this something to gloat about running defender. $50k is going to help the league struggle to survive. Well at least you echunga "sad sacks" will have money to spend maybe you can ensure your canteen is fully stocked at all games.....although I think I will bring my own. You my friend at doing your club no favours with your arrogance.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times

Postby running defender » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Will have plenty of Turkish delights for Chopper, we might even put a subway franchise in where the canteen is, also a new billiard table and balls for the gimp to put in his mouth, arrogance lets see rules are rules and your going down all year from HFL, less points to go up, didn't know where we were playing 4 weeks out from season , home final taken away, final siren editor stating that if EFC win grand final they will still be relegated. JUST a quote from courier :the real question is why the leagues administrators and club delegates could not grasp the oft-mentioned shortcomings in the by-law and recognize that playing an 11 competition for 12 months while the constitution was professionally re-written for the best outcome. As soon as it was realized the constitution was flawed all parties needed to come together and make practical decisions. This should have been led by the HFL board of directors, sadly this was not the case
running defender
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:06 pm

overthehill wrote:I would like to see the points table under the new "Echunga interpretation". Was it really only 2 points between Bridgewater and Torrens Valley? If so i believe this presents another major issue for the HFL. I know there was a lot of discussion on Jnr Mail medal night regarding the round 3 U15s clash between the 2 previously mentioned sides. the 3 names read out for votes were for all TV players and all were well over the under 15 age limit. I believe one of the lads who kicked 5 goals was 18 years old or very close to. The league knew about it as they were all playing on permits to allow TV to form a under 15s side "in the spirit of the game". I'm not sure Bridgewater will be looking at their potential relegation as "in the spirit of the game" if this is the case.

I calculate 5 points

Club Points (Finals Points)
Blackwood 316 (31)
Mount Barker 285 (3)
Uraidla Districts 268 (20)
Hahndorf 215 (16)
Lobethal 212 (10)
Ironbank 211 (3)
Onkaparinga Valley 209 (10)
Echunga 182 (40)
Torrens Valley 159 (5)
Bridgewater-Callington 154 (0)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:13 pm

On The Pine wrote:Sad day for country footy when rules implemented in good faith by an amateur organisation are able to be challenged by those who can afford to go to court. Sets an interesting precedent for the future.

I see it as a wake-up call to all leagues. Time to put some effort into actually thinking about the rules you are implementing, not just slapping rubbish together.
This is a classic example of poorly thought out rule making.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:35 am

running defender wrote:Will have plenty of Turkish delights for Chopper, we might even put a subway franchise in where the canteen is, also a new billiard table and balls for the gimp to put in his mouth, arrogance lets see rules are rules and your going down all year from HFL, less points to go up, didn't know where we were playing 4 weeks out from season , home final taken away, final siren editor stating that if EFC win grand final they will still be relegated. JUST a quote from courier :the real question is why the leagues administrators and club delegates could not grasp the oft-mentioned shortcomings in the by-law and recognize that playing an 11 competition for 12 months while the constitution was professionally re-written for the best outcome. As soon as it was realized the constitution was flawed all parties needed to come together and make practical decisions. This should have been led by the HFL board of directors, sadly this was not the case

Echunga knew where they were playing at the December AGM, the season started in April so thats 4 months, not 4 weeks, get it right FFS.
Last edited by cracka on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:42 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
On The Pine wrote:Sad day for country footy when rules implemented in good faith by an amateur organisation are able to be challenged by those who can afford to go to court. Sets an interesting precedent for the future.

I see it as a wake-up call to all leagues. Time to put some effort into actually thinking about the rules you are implementing, not just slapping rubbish together.
This is a classic example of poorly thought out rule making.

Just remember, these by-laws were written long before the current HFL board (who are copping all the sh*t for them being poorly written) were ever there. Would be nice if all the people blaming the current board for the by-laws could have told them 5 years ago this would have happened, hindsight is a wonderful thing eh.

They have also instigated a review of them with the view of rewriting them, which seems to have been forgotten.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby running defender » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:37 am

To supercoach, rock, chopper, on the pine, over the hill, always there, redsox and cracka you all have merry xmas. If bookie is out there can you frame a market for next year as the wife an i are heading down the south east for a couple of days might even drop in on a couple prospects for next year, speaking of players welcome back clint guy, peter wilson and harley Montgomery. Also heard D. Roberts back to St peters, but get back Hughes and Hankin, also M.Higgs stepping down as Mt barker captain. The AGM should be interesting at HFL house, I'm just wondering which one there going to use? The one thats not been used to help a mate out or the one that was condemned with the 50k Comercial loan at prob 8% with no money in the bank now, maybe the directors might have to waive there ground inspection fee or use this directors tops instead of buying new ones, even putting the final siren out to tender that might save a few bucks. Don't eat to much turkey cause there's a few on here.
running defender
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy