HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Hilarious, should be champagne humour next season with banter flying left right and centre when Echunga are losing and five minutes to go.
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby R. White » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:39 pm

rock wrote:
R. White wrote:Rock and hasbeen you are both being prett foolish. There are no mercenaries at Echunga, they recruit quality players and they stick around because of the culture. Similar to uradlia I would think. All of the players there have a tie or contact to the club in some way and I don't think they will be going anywhere so you may want to shut your pie holes because I seem to remember similar predictions from you last year and I am fairly sure you were wrong!

Always defending the players but that crook never gets mentioned does he. How many of those players (recruits) are or will be 150 game club men. We will see I guess. I know of at least 3 of these so called quality players have been talking to other clubs in different leagues. The culture must be great when your B grade doesn't win a game, your juniors put together a handful of wins and you purchase an A grade flag via tax payers money. Yep well done, your looking great.

Those players were probably talking to other clubs in case the decision to court made was not favourable to Echunga. In regards to this "crook", I am unaware as to where you are coming from apart from what I above read on this forum which I have learnt not to rely on too much as it's very easy to hide behind an alias and talk sh*t
R. White
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Legs Man wrote:
rock wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
has been wrote:Running defender you are so totally off the mark its a joke. Your arrogance is typical wanna be club fluked a flag and now has no idea how to be humble. Why in your little tirade above did you not mention the very things that make your club great like your very personable goal umpire who abuses and threatens to kill kids and then in an under 15 game did the same thing. Your coach is another matter....................... Why has your president slid into the back ground and your VP wankington or whatever his name is speaks up. Is that because the pres like many of your club members dont agree with what your club has done and want nothing to do with it. Interesting. Hopefully you make it to the south east for xmas and santa gives you a suitcase full of humbleness to maybe shrink that massive ego you seem to have. Remember one thing sambo - the kalma bus will pull up outside echunga one day and it will be sooner rather rather than later.

Mellington is the VP's name - but you obviously weren't able to derive this from the article posted by Dutchy?

Fully understand the humility call - but with comments like yours hasbeen ( both now and previously ) I also understand the bitterness towards you.

It is unfortunate when people show an inability to argue logically and sensibly - requiring personal attacks to bolster their appearance.

I actually would of thought that coming from such a strong club as Mt Barker with all your capacity to draw players at all levels from such a large population base you would show some humility too.

My recommendation would be to follow Echunga's lead and maybe win a GF - which you should be doing year in year out.

You could also follow Echunga's lead with getting your disgracefully substandard facilities and oval up to scratch.

Maybe Echunga should concentrate on getting quality people to their club instead of prison bound crooks. Your over inflated egos will be crushed rather quickly. You are now the most hated club in the HFL... well done. Your Steven Bradbury premiership will be a distant memory before you know it. And at what cost! One bloke in Yatala, a heap of mercenaries and a bad culture to suit. Congratulations Echunga. TOOLS OF THE DECADE.

Another quality comment by such a well informed individual.

Your club - which you haven't even got the intestinal fortitude to name in your signature - is surely proud to have you representing them.

I understand that my comments surrounding the HFL aren't to everyone's taste - but fortunately I haven't lowered myself to making personal attacks.

This whole situation could have been avoided had the decision been made to resolve this amicably as Echunga tried to do.

We want our juniors to survive and the right to defend the title - that is it!

The clubs decided that a 10 team comp was all they would accept and defended this vehemently now meaning that Bridgewater have to suffer because of the HFL decisions relating to TV and providing them more opportunity than their competitors.

Or will this all now change to suit the situation - meaning the 11 team comp becomes reality ?

If it does - then why couldn't they do this originally and avoid all the angst?

The HFL decision making this year reeked of bias with the special treatment TV received and the way they allocated finals.

Playing favourites has to stop and the competition must move forward in an unbiased manner.

Surely this won't occur while the current administrators are allowed to retain their positions - so dissolving the HFL governing body is the only option allowing for a fresh approach.

Hopefully all clubs can see this and put personal agendas aside for the betterment of our competition.
yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Legs Man wrote:
rock wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
has been wrote:Running defender you are so totally off the mark its a joke. Your arrogance is typical wanna be club fluked a flag and now has no idea how to be humble. Why in your little tirade above did you not mention the very things that make your club great like your very personable goal umpire who abuses and threatens to kill kids and then in an under 15 game did the same thing. Your coach is another matter....................... Why has your president slid into the back ground and your VP wankington or whatever his name is speaks up. Is that because the pres like many of your club members dont agree with what your club has done and want nothing to do with it. Interesting. Hopefully you make it to the south east for xmas and santa gives you a suitcase full of humbleness to maybe shrink that massive ego you seem to have. Remember one thing sambo - the kalma bus will pull up outside echunga one day and it will be sooner rather rather than later.

Mellington is the VP's name - but you obviously weren't able to derive this from the article posted by Dutchy?

Fully understand the humility call - but with comments like yours hasbeen ( both now and previously ) I also understand the bitterness towards you.

It is unfortunate when people show an inability to argue logically and sensibly - requiring personal attacks to bolster their appearance.

I actually would of thought that coming from such a strong club as Mt Barker with all your capacity to draw players at all levels from such a large population base you would show some humility too.

My recommendation would be to follow Echunga's lead and maybe win a GF - which you should be doing year in year out.

You could also follow Echunga's lead with getting your disgracefully substandard facilities and oval up to scratch.

Maybe Echunga should concentrate on getting quality people to their club instead of prison bound crooks. Your over inflated egos will be crushed rather quickly. You are now the most hated club in the HFL... well done. Your Steven Bradbury premiership will be a distant memory before you know it. And at what cost! One bloke in Yatala, a heap of mercenaries and a bad culture to suit. Congratulations Echunga. TOOLS OF THE DECADE.

Another quality comment by such a well informed individual.

Your club - which you haven't even got the intestinal fortitude to name in your signature - is surely proud to have you representing them.

I understand that my comments surrounding the HFL aren't to everyone's taste - but fortunately I haven't lowered myself to making personal attacks.

This whole situation could have been avoided had the decision been made to resolve this amicably as Echunga tried to do.

We want our juniors to survive and the right to defend the title - that is it!

The clubs decided that a 10 team comp was all they would accept and defended this vehemently now meaning that Bridgewater have to suffer because of the HFL decisions relating to TV and providing them more opportunity than their competitors.

Or will this all now change to suit the situation - meaning the 11 team comp becomes reality ?

If it does - then why couldn't they do this originally and avoid all the angst?

The HFL decision making this year reeked of bias with the special treatment TV received and the way they allocated finals.

Playing favourites has to stop and the competition must move forward in an unbiased manner.

Surely this won't occur while the current administrators are allowed to retain their positions - so dissolving the HFL governing body is the only option allowing for a fresh approach.

Hopefully all clubs can see this and put personal agendas aside for the betterment of our competition.

You and the Echunga football club are an absolute joke.

An 11 team comp is uneven which makes it unfair. So if there's a new HFL structure in 2016 there needs to be an even and fair comp in 2015 to determine the new divisions. Your disillusional interpretation of the by law which apparently is different for the other 18 clubs will possibly cause Bridgewater to be relegated. You played A graders in the B grade towards the end of the year... why? Did they need the fitness? NO, you knew what the rule meant but decided to go to court when you didnt get your way. VERY POOR FORM.

Clubs shouldn't put their personal agendas aside when you have now cost each club over $4500 each to foot a Supreme Court bill with the court ruling Echunga doesn't have to pay a cent.

The Echunga FC has not only cost Clubs but individuals like me and the bloke next door when tax payers money was used to pay your A grade players. And when that scam got busted some of those players didn't receive player payments towards the end of the season.

You have gained more enemies and lost a lot of friends as a result of this process.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby rock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:46 pm

R. White wrote:
rock wrote:
R. White wrote:Rock and hasbeen you are both being prett foolish. There are no mercenaries at Echunga, they recruit quality players and they stick around because of the culture. Similar to uradlia I would think. All of the players there have a tie or contact to the club in some way and I don't think they will be going anywhere so you may want to shut your pie holes because I seem to remember similar predictions from you last year and I am fairly sure you were wrong!

Always defending the players but that crook never gets mentioned does he. How many of those players (recruits) are or will be 150 game club men. We will see I guess. I know of at least 3 of these so called quality players have been talking to other clubs in different leagues. The culture must be great when your B grade doesn't win a game, your juniors put together a handful of wins and you purchase an A grade flag via tax payers money. Yep well done, your looking great.

Those players were probably talking to other clubs in case the decision to court made was not favourable to Echunga. In regards to this "crook", I am unaware as to where you are coming from apart from what I above read on this forum which I have learnt not to rely on too much as it's very easy to hide behind an alias and talk sh*t

Must be a great culture you have there if players a ready to jump ship because of the division you play in. And with regards to the 'crook', keep an eye on the paper because it will be due in court in the new year. No Supreme Court Judge will save that man my friend.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Post of the Year
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby bookie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:46 pm

What's a Kalma bus?
bookie
Rookie

Been liked: 13 times

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Either Rock & Has been or Running Defender & Legsman will have egg on their faces next year. Someone is very wrong here about the taxpayer issue & I will be watching with interest, until then can we move on from it.

Now the decision by the court has been made, regardless of which side we are on, lets accept it & come together for the betterment of the HFL as a whole. This means stopping the abuse of the
-current board
-by-laws (no matter how badly written)
-other clubs
-other clubs officials etc
-other forum users
& instead lets make constructive suggestions on how to improve our great league. I love living in the Adelaide Hills (have been here most of my life) and I love footy in the Hills. This has been an embarrassment to us all & regardless of which side we are on, all parties have some fault here for this mess.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bookie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Now there's some Christmas spirit, well said cracka! It's very easy to sit behind an alias and sling mud at other clubs/people without the fear of being held accountable for your words.

As a player I can tell u we are looking forward to the 2015 season and defending our premiership. I'm proud that our club did all it could to stay in the top division. If other clubs choose to hate us next year because of this then so be it. I can guarantee that it won't make an inch of difference to us when the siren sounds. Although I am looking forward to hearing some of the banter that's gonna come from the boundary line. The Mt lofty game looms as a cracker and should draw a big crowd due to the perceived rivalry we have with each other.
bookie
Rookie

Postby running defender » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:57 pm

------efc vs ----hfl .should not have come to this conclusion. It was bloody mindedness by the association that let this matter go to court .Ridiculous by- law ,ridiculous decision to demote the premier team .The hills board has brought the game into disrepute and should be sanctioned by sanfl. Disgraceful waste of time and monies and ,common- sense should have been used but clearly this is not the case .Time for a shake up and new board members .
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Legs Man » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:43 am

Well done Cracka - agreed!
Will be an awesome season in 2015.
Let's hope the haters on the board see the light and get on with constructive comments regarding progressing the competition.
There are always 2 sides to a story and everyone was confronted by a unique and trying situation.
If we all truly love this great game and competition our actions will speak louder than words.
The HFL needs to take this approach also and present the participating clubs with an even and fair competition from this point on.
If they show this agenda and a transparent unbiased charter they will have my full support.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby chopper7 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:18 am

running defender wrote:------efc vs ----hfl .should not have come to this conclusion. It was bloody mindedness by the association that let this matter go to court .Ridiculous by- law ,ridiculous decision to demote the premier team .The hills board has brought the game into disrepute and should be sanctioned by sanfl. Disgraceful waste of time and monies and ,common- sense should have been used but clearly this is not the case .Time for a shake up and new board members .

After cracka says everything about getting along and no abuse towards anyone you still go and abuse the board and directors you twit. Give it a bloody break, they have done everything they can to back in what other clubs voted for. I wouldn't be expecting any favours from them now if I was a Echunga faithful.
Touch up your grammar as well RD, I reckon a 6 year old could make more sense than that.

Bookie how long has the rivalry been between Echunga and Lofty? They wouldn't have played each other for god knows how many years. Nice photo in the tiser yesterday as well mate ;)

Merry Xmas all
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby rock » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:56 am

running defender wrote:------efc vs ----hfl .should not have come to this conclusion. It was bloody mindedness by the association that let this matter go to court .Ridiculous by- law ,ridiculous decision to demote the premier team .The hills board has brought the game into disrepute and should be sanctioned by sanfl. Disgraceful waste of time and monies and ,common- sense should have been used but clearly this is not the case .Time for a shake up and new board members .

Echunga took this to court RD and have now cost the other 18 clubs over $4500 each in Supreme Court costs. You still talk of just your premier team when the entire league has been trying to point out you are relegated by the performance of your club. And other than your A grade (which was well funded) your other grades were nothing short of disgraceful for the Central Div competition. Its the clubs that vote and make the decisions for the league not the board. And the clubs overwhelmingly voted against Echunga's interpretation of the by-law (16-3 in fact). So you have 2 supporters and I think one of them was Milang. You probably have zero supporters now that you cost those clubs thousands of dollars in court bills. So yes, you are the most hated club in the HFL now and it will be an uncomfortable and awkward season in 2015 for you. I hope it was worth it for just one season, sorry cracka but we can't be nice after all the water that has passed under the bridge recently.Echunga are a bunch of flogs.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby cracka » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:23 am

Oh well, I tried.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bookie » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:03 am

Did u get coal for Christmas today rock? U would be a fun guy to hang around.

I would just like to address the part of your post where you said the rest of our club was nothing short of disgraceful. I disagree, our B grade were terrible but other than that our other grades were fine. I would love to know your opinion on Bridgewater, Torrens Valley, Uraidla and Lobethals juniors are they disgraceful?

Chopper, rightly or wrongly i think the rivalry stems from the supporters blaming echunga for loftys year in country.
bookie
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:32 am

Been observing this for a bit and to be honest the only comment to me that makes any sence in how can you get relegated on overall club performance but then get promoted on A grade performance? Also seems laughable that you can be relegated after winning the flag in the A's. I understand there are rules ect but id put money on it that if any other club in the league were put in the exact same situation you would react in the same way.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:37 am

Just read the judgement but cant find the By-Laws
From what I read, you can only have a 10 team comp
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:17 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Been observing this for a bit and to be honest the only comment to me that makes any sence in how can you get relegated on overall club performance but then get promoted on A grade performance? Also seems laughable that you can be relegated after winning the flag in the A's. I understand there are rules ect but id put money on it that if any other club in the league were put in the exact same situation you would react in the same way.

You are right to a degree LK. The promotion/relegation system needs a review particularly with the criteria in promotion. The relegation criteria I think isn't too bad even if you do win an A grade flag. It stops clubs focussing on their A grade alone which Echunga have done in this case (by spending up and purchasing a flag) and it promotes clubs to develop and concentrate on their junior grades. When Echunga people talk you would think they only have an A grade, thats because they neglect the other grades and are embarrassed by the performances. This is unacceptable in Central Division.
However I believe there are some changes coming for the 2015 season which may surprise quite a few.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:37 am

Do all clubs in Country Division have a full quota of junior sides?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:41 am

chopper7 wrote:

After cracka says everything about getting along and no abuse towards anyone you still go and abuse the board and directors you twit. Give it a bloody break, they have done everything they can to back in what other clubs voted for. I wouldn't be expecting any favours from them now if I was a Echunga faithful.
Touch up your grammar as well RD, I reckon a 6 year old could make more sense than that.

Bookie how long has the rivalry been between Echunga and Lofty? They wouldn't have played each other for god knows how many years. Nice photo in the tiser yesterday as well mate ;)

Merry Xmas all

Everyone seems very sensitive in the hills. There was no abuse in this post, criticism is not abuse.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy